Flexim – Ultrasonic Clamp-on Hazardous Area Flow Meters
Flexim are manufacturers of ultrasonic clamp-on flow meters for liquids and gas measurement metering in industrial and hazardous area industries – this includes both portable and permanent flow measurement for liquids and gases.
Flexim’s ultrasonic flow meters use a non-invasive measuring technology allowing the clamp-on flow meters to be attached to the outside of the pipe.
FLEXIM METERS OVERVIEW
HAZARDOUS AREA FLOW METERS
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters for Liquids (Permanent) – FLEXIM FLUXUS Flowmeters
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters for Gases (Permanent) – FLEXIM FLUXUS Flowmeters
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters for Liquids (Portable) – FLEXIM FLUXUS Flowmeters
- Ultrasonic Flowmeters for Gases (Portable) – FLEXIM FLUXUS Flowmeters
For over 25 years, Flexim have developed flow meters that use non-invasive flow measurement technology. Flexim’s products are suitable for liquids and gases, extreme temperatures, high pressures and highly variable flow rates in thick walled pipes allowing for solutions to a wide range of applications including hazardous areas.
Flexim Ultrasonic Clamp-on Flow Meters
Flexim have become a technology leader in clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement. Currently Flexim are unrivalled as they are the only supplier who are able to provide clamp-on ultrasonic systems for non-invasive flow measurement of liquids and gases with SIL certification worldwide. Safety Integrity Level (SIL) is defined as a relative level of risk-reduction provided by a safety function, or to specify a target level of risk reduction. The ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter design allows the meter to be attached to the outside of the pipe eliminating interruptions and the risk of leaks.
Ultrasonic flow meters use sound waves to determine the velocity of a fluid flowing in a pipe and are often found in the following industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverage
- Pulp & Paper
Flexim FLUXUS range of flow meters can measure the volume and mass flow of liquids and gas non-intrusively and can be categorised as below:
- Permanent flow meters for liquids including the highly accurate FLUXUS F range for non-invasive metering of liquid media including the F808 and F809 suitable for hazardous areas
- Permanent flow meters for gases known as the FLUXUS G range for non-invasive metering of gaseous media including the FLUXUS G809 meter suitable for hazardous area
- Portable flow meters for liquids including the FLUXUS F608 the world’s only portable flow meter suitable for hazardous areas
- Portable flow meter for gaseous media including the FLUXUS G608 for use in hazardous areas
Flexim uses an unrivalled clamp-on transit-time correlation technology that delivers accurate and reliable results for both the permanent and portable flow meters in the FLUXUS range.
The Transit-Time Difference Method
The Transit-Time Difference method exploits the transmission speed of an ultrasonic signal depending on the flow velocity of the carrier medium.
FLUXUS F608 Portable Ultrasonic Clamp-on Flow Meter
HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFIED ATEX
For Measuring Liquids in Hazardous Areas
FLUXUS F608 is modelled on the FLUXUS F601 portable clamp-on flow meter the only difference being that the F608 is specifically designed and certified for hazardous area applications.
With ATEX approval, users no longer need to obtain a Hot Work Permit allowing access to hazardous areas. The F608 is an ideal solution for monitoring and measuring at points that may not be covered by permanent flow meters.
Flexim’s F608 is designed to be used for upstream (on and offshore), midstream and downstream (pipelines and refineries), chemical industry and energy sector applications such as HVAC, geothermal and power plants. Compact and lightweight design the F608 meter is a safe, reliable and accurate solution used as part of a complete measuring system as personal luggage for offshore visits.
FLUXUS F608 Advantages:
- Highly resistant with high impact carbon fibre housing
- ATEX, IECEx and FM certified
- IP65 rating
- Hot Work Permit no longer required
- Simple to set up
- Extremely versatile
- Integrated Li-Ion battery more than 14 hours life
- High precision during high and low flow rates
- No temperature and zero drift
Flexim Non-invasive Flow Measurement of Liquids and Gases For Upstream/offshore Solutions
In the oil and gas industry dealing with high pressures and corrosive environments are an everyday occurrence. Extracting oil and gas in the offshore industry entails handling a huge amount of energy. The operational safety of all offshore workers and environments is of the up most importance along with ensuring that production is efficient.
FLEXIM flow meters will help reduce your maintenance and leak points, while improving safety and efficiency by providing bi-directional flow measurement from outside the pipe.
The sealed transducers are installed in rugged stainless steel mounting fixtures and can be commissioned under flowing conditions. Using non-invasive technology means the flow meter isn’t exposed to corrosive or hazardous materials allowing for precise measurements over an almost unlimited flow range.
FLEXIM Upstream Solutions
Gas Measurement at Seperator Outlet
Founded in 1990 and selling their first ever clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter in 1991 Flexim have gone from strength to strength now employing 400 staff members worldwide. Flexim are not only a manufacturer but a provider of customer-driven solutions and services for a number of worldwide applications.
Since 1985 T&D have serviced the UK and world markets with an extensive range of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment – our Export Department is staffed by a team of professional sales engineers, sourcing specialists, expeditors and customer service advisors.
T&D global project experience has enabled us to build a solid reputation for the reliable supply of brand leaders – we consolidate your supply chain by providing single-source logistics to any international destination.
See how Thorne & Derrick service and support our key global markets and hazardous area industries in the following SlideShelf of Industry Infographics.
- Measurement – Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, CO2
- Gas Detectors (Industrial), Leak Detection (Refrigerant) & Analyzers
- Heat Tracing Systems & Trace Heating Cables
- Heaters – Drum, IBC, Tank, Immersion & Process
- Valves, Gauges, Sensors & Monitors
- Meters – Flow, Water, Gas, Heat & Energy
- Surface Heating Elements, Mats & Pads
- Hazardous Area Power Distribution, Lighting & Enclosures