Kamstrup – Heat Meters & Water Meters Ultrasonic (RHI Compliant MID Class 2 Heat Meter)
Kamstrup smart metering solutions improve energy efficiency for electricity, heat, cooling and water utilities.
Kamstrup’s Denmark headquarters have a focus on delivering quality products with research and development, production and administration all under one roof and are represented within 60 countries by distributors and partners ensuring worldwide coverage and rapid support.
Kamstrup Heat Meters
Kamstrup heat meters are designed to measure the thermal energy provided by a source, or delivered to a use by a liquid. This can include sources such as heat exchangers, heating systems, district heating, chilled water or general HVAC applications.
Heat meters are able to calculate the thermal energy produced using a number of different components, measuring the flow rate of the liquid within the heating system and the temperature difference between the flow and return pipes.
Heat meters are comprised of flow meters or flow sensors to measure the flow rate, a pair of thermocouples or temperature sensors and a heat calculator. The heat calculator uses the data from the flow rate and temperature differential and calculates the amount of heat generated or used, displaying this for the user typically in kilowatt-hours (kWh).
Kamstrup’s heat meters are designed to suit a full range of application requirements, from domestic households and commercial buildings to industrial environments.
Ultrasonic Heat Meters RHI MID Class 2
- Multical 302 Heat Meter – on site configuration, simple installation
- Multical 403 Heat Meter – complex, flexible heat meter with supported remote reading
- Multical 602 Heat Meter – all purpose meters for heating and cooling with 12 supported protocols
- Multical 801 Heat Meter – industrial heat meter resistant to dust and water
- Multical 6M2 Heat Meter – heat meter for mixed fluids
- Ultraflow 54 Static Flow Sensor
Kamstrup Multical 403 Heat Meter
KAMSTRUP MULTICAL 402 HEAT METERS
SUITABLE FOR THE RENEWABLE HEAT INCENTIVE (RHI) SCHEME
Kamstrup manufacture heat meters which are RHI compliant. The RHI scheme is a UK scheme which provides financial incentive for domestic and commercial claimants to generate and use renewable heat sources. These can include sources such as solar panels, biomass boilers, and ground or water source pumps and more.
RHI applications must be supported by regular meter readings and evidence that the installed heat meter meets the specified MID accuracy class. Kamstrup heat meters are MID Class 2 and are suitable for both commercial and domestic RHI applications.
Multical 402 is a compact heat meter which comes as a complete package consisting of a heat calculator, two temperatures sensors and a flow meter. Flow meters are available for sizes from 0.6 to 15m³/h.
Multical 402 heat meter is specifically designed to be suited for the measurement of energy consumption within family and multiple occupancy housing, housing associations, blocks of flats and small industry.
Kamstrup Heat Meter Reading Performance
Do you know how to secure a high meter reading performance? See how Kamstrup meters provide 100% meter reading performance with consistently accurate and stable data.
Kamstrup Heat Meter Applications
Heat meters are an ideal solution for ensuring accurate billing within district heating systems for consumers and suppliers alike. District heating systems are installed more frequently as time passes and aims to reduce water loss and wastage by sharing energy consumption costs. Denmark has the highest density of district heating connections with more than 60% of all households connected to the network.
In Aarhus, Denmark more than 50,000 customers are connected via a district heating system which expects to reduce water loss by 40%. Heat meters ensures reliable measuring data can be acquired for correct billing.
Heat meters can also be used within combined heat and cooling systems, reducing installation costs for the user due to only needing one set of pipe work as opposed to two.
District Heating & Cooling from Denmark
kamstrup water meters ULTRASONIC
- Residential Water Meter – ultrasonic water meter 1.6-4 m/3h with composite flow sensor and M-Bus communication
- Industrial Water Meter – ultrasonic water meter 1.6-40 m/3h with metal flow sensor and Wireless M-Bus communication
- Modular Water Meter – Kamstrup Multical 62 water meter 1.6-40 m/3h with metal flow sensor, multiple communication options
- AMR Meter Reading – smart meter readings for heat, water and thermal energy
For specifications, technical and ordering information visit Kamstrup Water Meters.
Kamstrup was founded in 1946 and is 100% owned by the Danish energy company, OK. Kamstrup is a global player with a strong international position and is one of the few metering manufacturers who are able to offer total multi-utility solutions, covering all metering requirements and data analysis.
Kamstrup’s vision is to become the leading supplier of intelligent metering solutions for energy and water, primarily as a result from their focus on research and development of new products and solutions.
Since 1985 T&D have serviced the UK and world markets with an extensive range of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment – our Export Department is staffed by a team of professional sales engineers, sourcing specialists, expeditors and customer service advisors.
T&D global project experience has enabled us to build a solid reputation for the reliable supply of brand leaders – we consolidate your supply chain by providing single-source logistics to any international destination.
- See how Thorne & Derrick service and support our key global markets and hazardous area industries in the following SlideShelf of Industry Infographics.
- Measurement – Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, CO2
- Gas Detectors (Industrial), Leak Detection (Refrigerant) & Analyzers
- Heat Tracing Systems & Trace Heating Cables
- Heaters – Drum, IBC, Tank, Immersion & Process
- Valves, Gauges, Sensors & Monitors
- Meters – Flow, Water, Gas, Heat & Energy
- Surface Heating Elements, Mats & Pads
- Hazardous Area Power Distribution, Lighting & Enclosures