Fans | Portable Ventilation
Worlds First ATEX & IECEx Certified Portable Ventilation Fan
Certified to Electrical & Non-Electrical Standards (Mechanical)
The Exstream range of 3rd Party Certified Portable ATEX Fans are manufactured by Woodcock & Wilson and Distributed by Thorne & Derrick.
The independently dual certified IECEx & ATEX portable ventilation fans are certified to both Electrical & Non-Electrical standards for safe ventilation of hazardous area workplaces and potentially explosive atmospheres – providing a world wide safety solution.
- Class Leading Airflow: Up to 7750m3/hr
- Robust: Mild Steel or Stainless Steel Casing
- Low Power Consumption: <8A FLC
- Low Noise Output: 49db
- Easy to Use: Plug & Play Fan
- Voltage Options: 110V/230V & 3-Phase Options Available
Increased Safety, Improved Reliability & Optimum Performance
The Exstream is the worlds first portable ventilation fan to be ATEX & IECEx certified to both electrical and non-electrical standards.
There are currently innumerable industrial application fans in service as part of hazardous area ventilation systems – these fans which do not meet the non-electrical standards pose serious potential Health & Safety risk to end users plant assets and personnel. Non-compliant fans located in potentially explosive atmospheres can now be upgraded to ensure conformance with both ATEX and IECEx classifications.
Ventilation of Hazardous Area & Explosive Atmospheres
Portable ATEX fans provide air movement, blowing and ventilation to purge and dilute gas and dust hazards to workers in explosive atmospheres.
- Offshore Platforms
- Oil Refineries
- Tanks & Vessels
- Confined Spaces
- Chemical Plants
- Shipbuilding & Repair
Since there is typically a deprivation of effective ventilation in a confined space it is common for otherwise harmless gasses to build up. Even small amounts of gas that would normally just dissipate into the surrounding areas can become deadly. The high performing compact, robust and portable ATEX fans offer an effective option for confined space ventilation for hazardous areas.
Offering 50% more ventilation than competitor products the Exstream 400 fan can achieve an air flow rate of 7750m3/hr.
Does Your Portable ATEX Fan Comply?
The following check-list provides information to clients to ensure their ventilation fans are safe and compliant with ATEX and IECEx requirements for service in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous area locations.
- Hazardous area certification must show compliance to BS EN 14986: 201
- Beware of product only using the certification from the electrical equipment. ATEX covers both mechanical and electrial equipment.
- Dedicated ATEX documentation with regard to operation, installation and maintenance
- Clearances between rotating elements and fan casing
- Rigid impeller construction with over-speed capacity
- Spark minimisation using correct material pairing
- Dedicated fan ATEX nameplate
- Anti-static protection through correct earthing
Exstream fans are the market-leading ATEX fan to provide powerful and portable ventilation in hazardous areas – specified for safe and reliable extraction and blowing of dangerous gases and vapors in explosive atmospheres with airflow capability up to 7750m3/hr. Both ATEX & IECEx certified to Electrical & Non-Electrical Standards (Mechanical) for Zone 1 & Zone 2 ventilation applications.
Up to 7750m3/hr Air Flow Rate
- Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX fans certified for hazardous area ventilation
- Available with compatible range of ducting, couplers and adaptors
- Fans are independently dual certified to ATEX & IECEx
- 4 standard portable ventilation fan sizes plus tailored designs
- Class leading airflow
- Easy to use (plug & play) with integrated stop/start
- Fully portable ATEX fans
- Power lead (5m) with plug. Alternative plugs available on request
- Power supply either 230v or 110v/ 50Hz or 60Hz
- 3 phase option available on request
- Painted C5M offshore standard
- ATEX fan available in Axial & Centrifugal design
- IECEx fan suitable for offshore applications
- Optional ATEX Plugs including ATX, CEAG, Stahl
➡ The following is a transcription of an interview with Scott Harding (Sales Director at Woodcock & Wilson Ltd) at the 2019 SPE Offshore Europe Conference & Exhibition.
DUAL CERTIFIED ATEX & IECEX FANS
|Motor||Zone 1, Exde IIB T4 Gb,IP54
Certified to ATEX/IECEx
|Switch||ATEX certification II 2G Ex mb IIc T6 Gb
IECEx certified Ex Mb IIC Tb
Exde IIC T5/T6
|ATEX||Zone 1 Category 2G IIB T4
Certificate Number Sira 09ATEX 6230X
|IECEx||Ex h Gb IIB T4 Certificate Number IECEx SIR17.0076X|
equipment for explosive atmospheres
|ISO 80079-37:2016||Non-electrical type of
protection constructional safety
|BS EN 14986: 2017|
|Anti-static ducting (5m) with quick release clamp|
|Ducting extension kit|
|Earth cable (2m) with clamp|
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
leaders in ATEX Innovation To The Hazardous Area Industries
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Control Panels | Plugs | Isolators | Enclosures & Junction Boxes | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Ventilation Fans | Security Access Control