Heat Tracing Cables – Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 2 (ATEX) – Thermon
Frost Protection & Temperature Maintenance
➡ For complete technical, specification and ordering information about Heat Tracing Cables suitable for process and hazardous area applications, please refer to the product sections listed below.
Heat tracing cables for tracing heating provides frost protection and process temperature maintenance for chemicals, oils, hydrocarbons, steam, gas, compressed air and chilled water pipework. Also reliable frost protection to pipework exposed to freezing ambient temperatures including fire suppression and protection, potable water, sea and fresh water cooling pipes.
Thermon hazardous area heating cables deliver high process temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework, instrument lines, tanks and drums using self-regulating, power limiting, constant wattage and MI heating cables – with ATEX and IECEx Certification trace heating cables are suitable for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
HAZARDOUS AREA Trace NtHEATING
ZONE 1 & ZONE 2
What is Hazardous Area Zone 1?
- Zone 1 Hazardous Area – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation. Although not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for more than 10, but less than 1000 h/yr.
What is Hazardous Area Zone 2?
- Zone 2 Hazardous Area – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is not likely to occur in normal operation and if it occurs will exist only for a short time. “Short time” is not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for less than 10h/yr.
Typical Thermon Applications:
- Process Pipework
- Long Transfer Lines
- Tank Heating
- Drum Heating
- Vessel Heating
- Hopper Heating
- Water Pipework Frost Protection
- Process Instrumentation
- Flow, Level and Pressure Transmitters
- Process Analytical Sample Lines
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) Heating – ethane, butane, propane
- Crude Oil
- IECEx: International Electrotechnical Commission System for hazardous area certification relating to equipment, including electric heaters and heat tracing cables to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- ATEX: Directive stipulates and certifies equipment intended for hazardous areas explosive atmospheres to be designed and manufactured to minimize the occurrence and limit the severity of accidental explosions.
- CSA: Expert source for Ex testing and Ex certification of explosion-proof equipment used in hazardous locations and potentially explosive atmospheres across North America.
- EAC EX: TR CU Certificate of Conformity for the Russian Customs Union for safety of equipment for use in explosive atmospheres is mandatory for any electrical equipment that is to be operated, or installed, in hazardous areas and potentially explosive atmospheres in these countries.
Should you require hazardous area heating technical advise or heat trace system design support, please contact us.
T&D are Trained users of Thermon CompuTrace software to enable the design of Electric Trace Heating Systems for frost protection and process temperature maintenance of pipework in industrial and hazardous area locations.