IECEx Heaters for Hazardous Areas | Explosion Proof & Industrial Heaters
IECex & ATEX Electric Heaters for Explosive Atmospheres | UK & Export Sales
Hazloc heaters are explosion proof electrical heating equipment suitable for hazardous areas with certifications and products including CCSAUS, ATEX, EAC Ex and IECEx heaters – trusted to safely supply electric heat in potentially explosive atmospheres, including Zone 1 & 21 and Zone 2 & 22 according to ATEX Directive.
Thorne & Derrick offer a full range of IECEx industrial electric tank immersion heaters, process flow heaters and electric heating skids for a variety of applications in hazardous areas. Typical applications for certified ATEX heaters include fuel gas heaters, fuel oil heaters, glycol reboilers, TEG heaters, MEG heaters, water heaters, air heaters and specialised industrial processes.
IECEx heaters for hazardous areas are certified for use in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
Hazloc Heaters Range
- Explosion Proof Electric Air Heaters
- Steam Rig Heaters
- Hydronic Air Heaters
- Washdown & Corrosion Resistant Air Heaters
- Non-hazardous Area Air Heaters
- Thermostats (Electronic)
Overview of the Hazloc Heaters range for the heating of industrial, hazardous area and explosive atmospheres.
World’s First ATEX IECEx Certified Forced Air Explosion Proof Heater
Hazloc Heaters AEU1 series of Explosion Proof Electric Air Heaters are certified to ATEX and IECEx requirements.
The AEU1 series of unit heaters are designed for industrial applications to provide primary or supplementary heating for comfort or freeze protection in areas that are classified as hazardous are locations (Gas or Dust atmospheres). AEU1 heater models are CE Marked and certified to meet ATEX and IECEx Zone 1 & 2 (Gas) or Zone 21 & 22 (Dust) requirements with IP55 and IP65 ratings respectively and a T4 (135°C) temperature code. The three cabinet sizes (from 5 to 30kW) of AEU1 heaters include the ExCaliber high performance liquid-to-air heat-exchanger cores that are available in fourteen 400 Volt, 50 Hz model choices from 5 to 30kW to meet customer specific heat output requirements at supply voltages between 380V to 440V and fourteen 480Volt, 60 Hz models to accommodate North American equipment used in Europe requiring ATEX and IECEx approval.
EXPLOSION PROOF ELECTRICAL HEATERS
- IECEx: International Electrotechnical Commission System for hazardous area certification relating to equipment to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- ATEX: Directive stipulates and certifies equipment intended for hazardous areas explosive atmospheres to be designed and manufactured to minimize the occurrence and limit the severity of accidental explosions.
- CSA: Expert source for Ex testing and Ex certification of explosion proof equipment used in hazardous locations and potentially explosive atmospheres across North America.
- EAC EX: TR CU Certificate of Conformity for the Russian Customs Union for safety of equipment for use in explosive atmospheres is mandatory for any electrical equipment that is to be operated, or installed, in hazardous areas and potentially explosive atmospheres in these countries.
➡ Complete specifications, applications and hazardous area classifications for Hazloc Explosion Proof Heaters are available in the sections below.