Marechal DSN Plugs 20A-63A Decontactors (IP66 IP67 IP69K)
Marechal DSN plugs and sockets are compact and watertight with current ratings from 20A to 63A. DSN plugs and sockets are automatically IP66/IP67/IP69K when connected and the socket outlet itself is also watertight when the lid is closed providing a waterproof power plug seal.
Marechal DSN decontactors can be used within extremely wet or dusty environments and the IP69k rated version allows the plug and socket to be used within environments such as those found within the food industry with high pressure cleaning up to 100 bar and 80ºC.
- IP69K Ingress Protection – highest degree of ingress protection. Resistant to powerful high temperature water jets
DSN plugs and sockets have an incorporated breaking capacity of AC-22 / AC-23 and have an impact resistant GRP casing. The DSN also features a safety shutter (socket IP4X/IPXXD), silver-nickel butt contacts and metallic braid to comply with international standards.
- AC-22 Switching of mixed resistive and inductive loads, including moderate overloads
- AC-23 Switching of motor loads or other highly inductive loads
Marechal DSN Plugs – Technical Features
|Specification||Marechal DSN1||Marechal DSN3||Marechal DSN6|
|Rated Current (ln)||20A||32A||63A|
|AC-22 Switching Capacity||20A / 500V||32A / 690V||50A / 690V|
|AC-23 Switching Capacity||20A / 400V||32A / 400V||63A / 400V|
|Auxiliary Contacts (Optional)||–||2||4|
|Keying Positions (To distinguish between different power supplies & applications)||24||24||24|
|Ambient Temperature||-40ºC to +60ºC||-40ºC to +60ºC||-40ºC to +60ºC|
|Short Circuit Current lcc||10kA||10kA||10kA|
MARECHAL DSN PLUG Standards
Marechal DSN plugs and sockets comply with:
- IEC EN 60309-1 & IEC EN 60309-4 European and International standards (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes),
- The European Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/CE (2014/35/EU from April 20 2016),
- The European ‘Machine Directive’ 2006/42/CE regarding equipment isolation,
- The French NF C 15-100 standard,
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses,
- The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy,
- The switch utilization categories AC-22A and AC-23A described in IEC EN 60947-3.
- The UL 1682 (USA) and CSA C22.2 N° 182.1-07 (Canada) standards for plugs and socket outlets
Plugs & Sockets With Integrated Power Switch
Safe & Reliable Electrical Isolation
Marechal DSN Plug Polarity Options
A full range of power plug options are available – contact T&D for other voltages, frequencies and contact configurations.
InStallation & Operation Guidelines
To avoid the dispersion of strands, flexible conductors must be fitted with a crimped lug before introduction in their terminal (see Figure F0).
Install the Marechal socket-outlet facing downwards, with the latch at the top (or on the side in case of risk of accumulation of foreign bodies inside the cover).
The release of the DSN latch is performed by a tension cord. One end of this cord must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation. The other end is attached to the latch release mechanism which comes in two different types:
- Ejecting connector: The retaining latch is directly activated by the tension cord in case of traction (Figure E1).
- Ejecting plug: A shark-fin mechanism (Figure E2) is placed between the plug top and its handle. It releases the retaining latch of the socket-outlet in case of traction on the tension cord. For some Marechal plugs, the shark-fin mechanism is replaced by a cam mechanism (Figure E2A).
Some handles are equipped with a plastic eyelet which allows an optimal pulling angle of the tension cord on the latch release mechanism (See Figure E3).
The end of the tension cord that must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation is equipped with a loop. A crimping ferrule is supplied to loop the other end of the cord, once it has been passed through the handle eyelet, the latch release mechanism, and cut to the adequate length. See Figure E3. A cable tie is supplied, to attach the loop of the tension cord onto the flexible cable.
- The Marechal DSN socket-outlet is shielded by a protective lid held in the closed position by a latch. Depress the latch to release the lid.
- Only devices with compatible contact configurations and electrical ratings will mate with each other.
- Align red marks on the housings and insert the device and turn it clockwise until the stop. The device is in the rest position, circuit open.
- If any, use the finger draw plates or the draw-and-lock levers to push the device fully home until latched.
- To break the circuit, undo the draw mechanism if any, and depress the latch. The DSN plug is ejected to its rest position.
- Turn the device in the opposite direction to remove it. Shut the lid.
Marechal DSN Plugs & Power Distribution Systems
Marechal DSN decontactors (plug and socket outlets with integral power switch) are supported by an ancillary range of wall mounting sockets, wall boxes, socket outlets, sleeves, inlets and handles.
IEC 60309 Plugs
IEC 60309 is an international standard from the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for “plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for industrial purposes” and high-current power connectors.
Also certified by VERITAS LCIE, UL, AS, VDE, TR CU (GOST) and cCSAus (French, American, Australian, German, Russian and Canadian inspection laboratories) and by BUREAU VERITAS MARINE.