Marechal PNCX Zone 1 & 2 (Gas) Zone 21 & 22 (Dust) Hazardous Area ATEX Connectors
Marechal PNCX plugs and sockets are compact and watertight with a current rating of 5A, 250V and are ATEX certified for Zone 1 & Zone 2 hazardous areas.
PNCX plugs and sockets are IP66/IP67 and is ideal for all types of aggressive environments where humidity, corrosion and pollution can be found. The PNCX plug has a 5 contact point connection and a locking ring which resists vibration preventing accidental disconnection of the plug on load.
Marechal PNCX ATEX Plugs – Technical Features
|Impulse Withstand Voltage||5kV / Pollution Degree 3|
|Contact Resistance||< 2mΩ|
|Permitted Current Range||4-20mA / 5A|
|Conductors Accepted||From 0.75mm² to 2.5mm². Mechanical terminals|
|Cable Diameter||From 7 to 14mm (smaller Ø available according to specification)|
|Casing & Insulator||Glassfibre reinforced thermoplastic UL94 V-0|
|Butt Contacts||Copper alloy with silver-nickel tips|
|Load Cycles||More than 2000 cycles|
|Vibration||Frequency 5-1000 Hz, 1g (90 minutes on each critical frequency) according to IEC 60068-2-6|
|Ambient Temperature||-20ºC to +70ºC|
|IP Protection Socket With Cap||IP66/IP67, IP69K 100bar (1450 PSI) 80ºC|
|IP Protection Connected Plug||IP66/IP67, IP69K 100bar (1450 PSI) 80ºC|
|Salt, Fog Performance||200 hour minimum not connected – More than 1000 hour connected|
|Resistance To Fluids||Motor Oils, Petrol, Fats, Detergents etc|
|ATEX Zones||Gas zones 1 and 2, Dust zones 21 and 22|
|ATEX Markings||Ex II 2 G D Ex e IIC T6 Gb Ex tb IIIC T72ºC Db|
|Certificates||LCIE 16 ATEX 3001X / IECEx LCIE 16.0001 X|
MARECHAL PNCX PLUG Standards
Marechal PNCX plugs and sockets comply with:
- The ATEX 2014/34/UE Directive,
- The requirements of IEC 61984, IEC 60529, IEC 62262, EN/IEC 60079-0, EN/IEC 60079-7 and EN/IEC 60079-31 International standards,
- The European Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/UE.
- The French NF C 15-100 standard,
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses,
- 32 A or 1000 W
Install & Operation Guidelines
- Terminals accommodate conductors from 0.75 mm² to 2.5 mm².
- Remove an adequate length of cable outer sheath according to the accessory used. Ensure that the cable sheathing extends through the cord grip into the handle or box as required to achieve the intended sealing and cord gripping performance.
- Strip conductor insulation to the length indicated in Figure F1.
- Use a 3-mm flat screwdriver
- Fully insert the conductor and its wiring lug, if any, and apply to terminal screws a torque of 0.5 N.m.
- Once the handle has been screwed, tighten the locking screw at a torque of 1.2 N.m with a flat 6 mm screwdriver.
- Panel mounting devices are supplied with an Exmarking sticker. Affix these stickers near the devices to maintain the Ex compliance of the assembly.
- When not in use, socket-outlets and inlets are protected by a cap.
- After insertion of the plug, turn the locking ring by pressing on the two areas shown on Figure F2.
- Put the caps back in place after use.