Thermon FP Heat Tracing Cables (Parallel Constant Wattage, Hazardous Area ATEX Certified)
Thermon FP Heat Trace Cables – Trace Heating
Thermon FP heat tracing cables provide process temperature maintenance where high exposure temperatures are a concern including pipework that is subject to steam purging up to 200° Celsius – with IECEx and ATEX Certification Thermon FP trace heating cables are suitable for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
FP parallel resistance constant watt heating cables are designed to provide frost protection or process temperature maintenance to piping, tanks and equipment.
The parallel resistance configuration allows the cable to be cut to length and terminated in the field with easy-to use Thermon supplied kits. FP cables provide consistent and reliable heat outputs regardless of circuit length.
As Thermon FP cables are not subject to the inrush current associated with self regulating heating cables, the need for over sizing power distribution equipment is eliminated. FP cables are certified for use in ordinary (non classified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the ATEX Directive and the IEC Ex
Thermon FP Heat Tracing Cables – Specification
Thermon FP heat trace cable is available in seven variations with heat outputs from 8w/m up to 33w/m and voltages from 230V up to 575V.
- Operating Voltages : 230V, 400V or 575V (690V maximum operating voltage applies to IEC Ex only. Max operating voltage for all other certifications is 575 V)
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 65° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 200° Celsius
- Minimum Installation Temperature : -60° Celsius
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : At -15ºC 10mm ; at -60ºC 19mm
- T-Rating : T3 to T6
Thermon FP parallel resistance constant wattage trace heating cable has a fluoropolymer overjacket which provides protection against harsh chemicals and corrosive materials.
|Thermon Product Type||Operating Voltage||Zone Length||Power Output|
|FP 2.5-2||230||137 cm||8 w/m|
|FP 5-2||230||102 cm||15 w/m|
|FP 8-2||230||102 cm||24 w/m|
|FP 10-2||230||76 cm||30 w/m|
|FP 8-4||400||152 cm||18 w/m|
|FP 10-4||400||137 cm||23 w/m|
|FP 10-5||575||168 cm||33 w/m|
Thermon FP Heat Trace Cable – Hazardous Area Certifications
- ATEX II 2 G Ex e II T3 to T6, II 2 D Ex tD A21 IP66/IP67 T200°C to T85°C FM 07ATEX0016
- International Electrotechnical Commission IEC Certification Scheme for Explosive Atmospheres FMG 06.0008
- FM Approvals Ordinary and Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Hazardous (Classified) Locations
THERMON FP CABLE CONSTRUCTION
1.Copper bus wires (3.3 sqmm)
2.Nichrome heating element
3.Heater bus connection (not shown)
5. Fluoropolymer dielectric insulation
6.Tinned copper braid
7.Fluoropolymer overjacket provides additional protection to cable and braid where exposure to chemicals or corrosives is expected
Thermon FP heating cables provide temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework and mechanical services in all industries – typical applications include heating process pipework, instrument lines and storage tanks to maintain viscosity or prevent frost damage as an integral work-task of plant Winterisation.
Thermon Electric Heat Tracing System Using BSX Heating Cables
A complete electric heat tracing system will typically include the following components:
1 Trace Heating Cables – depending on the application and system requirements heat trace cables are available in the following technologies: i) Series Constant Wattage ii) Parallel Constant Wattage iii) Power-Limiting iv) Self-regulating type cables.
2. Power Connection Kit
3. RTD Sensor or Control Thermostat
4. In-line/T-splice Kit (permits two or three heat trace cables to be spliced together)
5. Cable End Termination
6. Fixing Tape (to attach heater cables to pipework)
7. “Electric Heat Tracing” Label (peel-and-stick type self-adhesive warning labels)
8. Thermal Insulation
Should you require Heat Trace System design or installation support please do not hesitate to contact us.
Trace Heating Accessories
The following trace heating ancillary and cable installation components enable the completion of BXS heating cable systems:
- Thermon PETK | Power & End Termination Kits
- Thermon SCTK | Splice Connection & Termination Kits
- Thermon Terminator DE-B | Beacon End-of-Circuit Light
- Thermon DL | Terminator Lighted Power Connection/End Termination Kit
- Thermon DS DE | Terminator In-Line Splice/End Termination Kit
TRACE HEATING UK & INTERNATIONAL
➡ Did you know? T&D Exports supports the global oil, gas and petrochem industries with an extensive range of Hazardous Area Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment.