Sales & Business Development Engineer – Job Opportunity | Thorne & Derrick
Published 20 Feb 2019
Thorne & Derrick have been established since 1985 and operate from two locations in the UK supplying our domestic and international customers.
We currently require a Sales and Business Development Engineer. The successful candidate will be required to develop new business as well as manage existing clients throughout the UK, but primarily in the North of England.
The successful candidate will be required to promote and sell T&D’s range of electrical hazardous area and process heating equipment to end users, contractors, OEMS and resellers. The role is office based in Chester-le-Street and from here you will be expected to routinely visit clients and target accounts.
- Proactive development of new business
- Management of some existing accounts
- Customer relationship development
- Provide technical and commercial solutions to customer problems
- Negotiate by phone, email and in person with customers and suppliers
- Experience in a technical sales role helpful
- Electrical knowledge desirable along with an engineering qualification
- Experience selling to O&G, Pharmaceutical, Chemical industries, Tier 1 & Tier 2 COMAH sites and/or their contractors – Highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of ATEX/IECEx equipment and regulations advantageous
- Full UK driving licence required
- Positive and energetic outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Happy to travel across the UK when required
- Salary competitive (dependent on experience) and a performance bonus
No recruitment agencies to contact us please.
➡ Please email Mr Richard Derrick firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining more about yourself.
Please visit our website for more information on our business, www.thorneandderrick.com
Thorne & Derrick International
T&D supply worldwide utilities, power, renewable energy, construction, rail, mining and quarrying, offshore, oil, gas and petrochemical industries – we are specialist suppliers to the international hazardous area industries.
- Process Instrumentation – Flow, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure & Level Measurement
- Hazardous Area Electrical Heating – Immersion, Air, Line, Water Heaters (ATEX)
- Gas Detectors (Industrial), Gas Leak Detection (Refrigerant) & Gas Analyzers
- Heat Tracing Systems & Trace Heating Cables
- Heaters – Drum, IBC, Tank, Hose
- Solenoid Valves – ATEX SIL3 NACE Namur
- Meters – Flow, Water, Gas, Heat & Energy Metering
- Surface Heating Elements – Silicone Heater Mats & Pads
- Hazardous Area Power Distribution, Lighting & Enclosures (ATEX)
- Hazardous Area Mobile Communications – Smartphones, Tablets & Computers (ATEX)