Process Instrumentation | Industrial Processes, Explosive Atmospheres & Hazardous Areas
Thorne & Derrick International supply instruments, gauges, meters, probes, sensors and transmitters for all process instrumentation applications including liquids, gases and bulk solids – suitable for non-hazardous (“safe”) and hazardous area locations in accordance with ATEX & IECEx classifications for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, Zone 1 and Zone 2 (Gas).
- Temperature Measurement
- Dew Point Measurement
- Relative Humidity Measurement
- Carbon Dioxide Measurement
- Level Control & Measurement
- Pressure Measurement
- Flow Metering & Measurement
Thorne & Derrick are Explosive Atmosphere specialists distributing Process & Instrumentation Equipment to the hazardous area industries where ATEX & IECEx certified equipment is required (Class/Division/Zones 1 & Zone 2).
- ASCO – Solenoid Valves
- Ashcroft – Pressure Gauges
- Deeter Electronics Ltd – Level Sensors & Float Switches
- Fisher – Control Valves (Rotary, Sanitary & Sliding Stem)
- IFM Electronic – Sensors (Temperature, Flow, Pressure & Level Measurement)
- Katronic – Ultrasonic Flowmeters & Flow Measurement
- KROHNE – Hazardous Area Process Instrumentation, Meters & Measurement
- Micronics – Flow Meters (Ultrasonic Clamp-On Fixed & Portable Meters)
- Rotronic – Sensors, Probes, Indicators, Transmitters & Measurement Instruments
- SICK – Temperature, Level, Pressure & Flow Sensors
- Sika – Temperature Calibrators, Flow Meters, Magnetic Flow Sensors (Magmeters), Flow Switches and Pressure Gauges
- VEGA – Level, Point Level & Pressure Measurement Sensors, Instruments & Transmitters
Know Your Zones
What is Hazardous Area Zone 1?
- Zone 1 – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation. Although not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for more than 10, but less than 1000 h/yr.
What is Hazardous Area Zone 2?
- Zone 2 – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is not likely to occur in normal operation and if it occurs will exist only for a short time. “Short time” is not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for less than 10h/yr.
Contact Thorne & Derrick if in doubt, we can provide expert technical support and specification recommendations for Hazardous Area Process Instrumentation.
➡ For further information about Process Instrumentation please see the product sections below – process instruments are available to measure pressure, temperature, flow or level in both non-hazardous and hazardous area locations.
Explosion Proof & Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of ATEX & IECEx Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Panels | Plugs | Isolators| Enclosures | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Fans | Security Locking & Access Control