Industrial & Hazardous Area locations
◊ Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX Certified ◊ Explosion Protection Specialists ◊
Thorne & Derrick supply instruments, gauges, meters, probes, sensors and transmitters for all process instrumentation applications including liquids, gases and bulk solids – suitable for non-hazardous (“safe”) and hazardous area locations in accordance with ATEX & IECEx classifications for use in potentially explosive atmospheres, Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Process Instrumentation – core products
- Temperature Measurement
- Dew Point Measurement
- Relative Humidity Measurement
- Carbon Dioxide Measurement
- Level Control & Measurement
- Pressure Measurement
- Flow Metering & Measurement
Process Instrumentation Equipment
T&D are Explosive Atmosphere specialists distributing Process & Instrumentation Equipment to the hazardous area industries where ATEX & IECEx certified equipment is required (Class/Division/Zones 1 & Zone 2).
- ASCO – Solenoid Valves
- Ashcroft – Pressure Gauges
- Deeter Electronics Ltd – Level Sensors & Float Switches
- Fisher – Control Valves (Rotary, Sanitary & Sliding Stem)
- IFM Electronic – Sensors (Temperature, Flow, Pressure & Level Measurement)
- Katronic – Ultrasonic Flowmeters & Flow Measurement
- KROHNE – Hazardous Area Process Instrumentation, Meters & Measurement
- Micronics – Flow Meters (Ultrasonic Clamp-On Fixed & Portable Meters)
- Rotronic – Sensors, Probes, Indicators, Transmitters & Measurement Instruments
- SICK – Temperature, Level, Pressure & Flow Sensors
- Sika – Temperature Calibrators, Flow Meters, Magnetic Flow Sensors (Magmeters), Flow Switches and Pressure Gauges
- VEGA – Level, Point Level & Pressure Measurement Sensors, Instruments & Transmitters
Know Your Zone
What is Hazardous Area Zone 1?
- Zone 1 – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation. Although not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for more than 10, but less than 1000 h/yr.
What is Hazardous Area Zone 2?
- Zone 2 – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is not likely to occur in normal operation and if it occurs will exist only for a short time. “Short time” is not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for less than 10h/yr.
Contact T&D if in doubt, we can provide expert technical support and specification recommendations for Hazardous Area Process Instrumentation.
➡ For further information about Process Instrumentation please see the product sections below – process instruments are available to measure pressure, temperature, flow or level in both non-hazardous and hazardous area locations.