ASCO Solenoid Valves (SIL3 NACE ATEX NAMUR Valves)
ASCO solenoid valves provide comprehensive fluid control and automation solutions for commercial, industrial and hazardous area flow control applications.
ASCO manufacture over 50,000 solenoid valves ensuring flow control for power generation, biofuels, life sciences, food and beverage, petroleum, chemicals, water, manufacturing and HVAC markets.
Specialist hazardous area valves for locations where certification to ATEX Directive and IECEx classification is required to ensure safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres are available – SIL3 Capable, NACE Compliant and NAMUR Compliant valves are ready to ship.
Contact us today to discuss your ASCO solenoid valve requirements.
What Are asco Solenoid Valves?
ASCO solenoid valves are used for the control of water, oil, air, or gas and typically consists of an operator and valve body – the solenoid operator consists of the coil, core, core tube, shading coil and spring. The valve body is made up of orifices where a disc, piston or diaphragm is positioned. When an electrical current passes through the solenoid, a magnetic field is created which pulls the core into the open or closed position. ASCO provide a range of solenoid valves including direct operated, pilot operated and pressure operated which can be configured in 2 way, 3 way, 4 way or 5 way arrangements.
How To Select asco Solenoid Valves
In order to select an ASCO solenoid valve, you will need the following application information – contact T&D now and discuss your flow control application with our ASCO Trained Sales Engineers:
- Solenoid Valve Type : 2-Way, 3-Way or 4-Way Valve
- Operation: Normally Open, Normally Closed, Universal
- Body Materials: Including Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Brass, Light Alloy, Polyamide, Other
- Operator Type: ATEX/IECEx Solenoid, Solenoid, Air Operated Solenoid, Pilot Operated Solenoid
- Pipe Size: Pipe Size or Flow Requirement
- Media: Fluid To Be Controlled
- Pressure: Minimum-Maximum Operating Pressure
- Temperature: Minimum-Maximum Fluid & Ambient Temperature
- Voltage: Voltage & Frequency – AC or DC
- Hazardous Area Location: Gas Group, Temperature (T Rating), Zone 1/Zone 2 Classification)
ASCO solenoid valves can be supplied by Thorne & Derrick for all media types: Air, Carbon Dioxide CO2, Combustible Flammable Gas, Cryogenic Fluids, Gas, Fuel Gas, Inert Gas, Liquid (Hot & Cold), Oil, Steam, Water, Superheated Water. SIL3, NACE, ATEX, NAMUR and Ex d Flameproof certified valves are available.
HOW TO BUY solenoid valves
T&D are ♦ ASCO Approved Channel Partners ♦ – we distribute the total range of ASCO solenoid valves and support their product range with expert technical advice, fast ship access to 2000+ valves and we provide flexible payment options for non-account holders.
ASCO Solenoid Valves – overview
Direct Operated 2 Way Solenoid Valves
Two way solenoid valves have one inlet and one outlet pipe connection and are used to allow or shut off fluid flow and are available in either:
- Normally Closed – closed when de-energized and open when energized.
- Normally Open – open when de-energized and closed when energized.
Direct Operated 3 Way Solenoid Valves
Three way solenoid valves have three pipe connections and two orifices. These are commonly used to alternately apply pressure to and exhaust pressure from the diaphragm operator of a control valve, single acting cylinder or rotary actuator.
Three way solenoid valves are available in
- Normally Closed – when the valve is de-energised the pressure port is closed and the cylinder port is connected to the exhaust port. When the valve is energised, the pressure port is connected to the cylinder port and the exhaust port is closed.
- Normally Open – when the valve is de-energised, the port will be connected to the cylinder port and the exhaust port is closed. When the valve has been energised, the pressure port is closed and the cylinder port is connected to the exhaust port.
- Universal – this allows the valve to be connected in either normally open or closed position in order to select one of two fluids or to divert flow from one port to another.
Direct Operated 4 Way Solenoid Valves
Four way solenoid valves are generally used to operate double acting cylinders or actuators. These valves have four or five pipe connections. These connections:
- Position A – the pressure is connected to one cylinder port, the other is connected to exhaust.
- Position B – the pressure and exhaust are reversed at the cylinder ports.
Solenoid Valves For Hazardous Areas
Hazardous area valves are suitable for a variety of applications. When operating in hazardous areas, fluid automation technology must operate without error in these challenging environments.
Solenoid valves must comply with the strictest regulations in order to be used in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas. ASCO can offer a variety of explosion proof, hazardous area solenoid valves that comply with ATEX and IECEx directives.
ASCO pilot valves cover international standards and approvals with technical specifications for a complete range of 3/2, 4/2, 5/2 and 5/3 solenoid valves and valve manifolds – major protocols are included such as DeviceNet, Profibus DP, Ethernet/IP and Profinet.
ASCO Solenoid Valves & ATEX
ASCO products covered by ATEX:
- the all solenoid valve, body and coil is ATEX certified
- pneumatic valves with integrated pilot can be compared to a solenoid valve; the complete product has to be ATEX certified
- pneumatic valve with separate pilot (i.e. with a CNOMO pilot valve) requires 2 certifications: one for the CNOMO solenoid valve, one for the pneumatic valve
- ATEX certification is needed for non-electrical apparatus: filters, regulators, lubricators, air operated valves, cylinders
ASCO 327 Solenoid Valves
Corrosion Resistant Valves For Offshore & Hazardous Area
SIL 3 Capable – nace compLIant
ASCO 327 valves are a universal, direct acting valve with balanced poppet available in multiple variations of materials (brass, stainless steel and aluminium), power, flow and hazardous area certifications including solenoid options classified to Ex d (Flameproof), Ex i (Intrinsically Safe) and Ex e mb:
- II2G Ex d IIC Gb T6/T5/T4, II2D Ex t IIIC Db
- II2G Ex d IIC Gb T5/T4/T3, II2D Ex t IIIC Db
- II2G Ex d IIC Gb T6/T5, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db
- II2G Ex d IIC Gb T6/T5, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db I
- II2G Ex e mb IIC Gb T6/T5/T4, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db I
- II2G Ex e mb IIC Gb T5/T4/T3, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db
- II2G Ex e mb IIC Gb T4/T3, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db
- II2G Ex e mb IIC Gb T3, II2D Ex tb IIIC Db
ASCO 327 solenoid valves are certified by ATEX, CUTR and IECEx.
327 solenoid valves are specified for a variety of upstream and downstream flow control applications including actuator piloting, compressor unloading and utilities control – corrosion and vibration resistant, lower power consumption and various explosion proof solenoid operators available.
See the features and benefits of ASCO 327 valves in this short video:
➡ For complete specifications, technical data and ordering information about ASCO Solenoid Valves please refer to the product sections below – should you require any technical support please do not hesitate to contact us.