Control Panels & Distribution Boards
Control Panels | atex & ieceX
Explosion Proof & Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 2
Thorne & Derrick International, based in the UK, are the leading designers and suppliers of Control Panels & Distribution Boards for hazardous areas and explosive atmospheres from market-leading brand including Pepperl+Fuchs – a comprehensive range of Explosion Proof control panels are available with ATEX certification and explosion protection to Ex d Flameproof concept.
Working with our preferred suppliers Thorne & Derrick can design, manufacture and supply Hazardous Area Control Panels suitable for Zone 1 (21) & Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas according to the ATEX Directive – several sizes are available in a range of materials including stainless steel, aluminium and cast iron with Ex d Explosion Protection (Flameproof) design.
- EJB Enclosures – comprehensive selection of ATEX certified operator elements, in combination with non-Ex devices, allows the design of Ex d flameproof control and distribution panels with explosion protection provided by an aluminium enclosure.
- EJBX Enclosures – with various types of rugged stainless steel enclosures this is a durable panel solution to protect electrical control and distribution equipment in explosive atmospheres.
- GUB/X Enclosures – reliable explosion protection against harsh and corrosive environments or explosion hazards in Zone 1/2 (Gas) and Zone 21/22 (Dust Atmospheres) is provided by the stainless steel Ex d IIC enclosures.
- F Enclosures – comprises a range of flexibly configurable flameproof control and distribution panels based on robust Ex d IIB or Ex d IIB+H2 certified aluminium enclosures. Different electrical components and operating elements can be integrated as well as optional thermo-resistant tempered glass-windows for hazardous areas.
|Control Panel Type Exd Flameproof||Hazardous Area Classification||Explosion Proof Protection Level||Gas Group||Enclosure Type|
|Control & Distribution Panels (Flameproof Ex d IIB+H2) in Aluminium||Suitable for operation in Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21 & Zone 22 and Class I, II Division 1 (CID1 / CIID1)||Ex d & Ex tb Certified. 660V DC / 1000V AC max. for ATEX / IECEx||Gas Group IIB+H2|
|Control & Distribution Panels (Flameproof Ex d IIB+H2) in Stainless Steel||Suitable for operation in Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21 & Zone 22 and Class I, II Division 1 (CID1 / CIID1)||Ex d & Ex tb Certified. 660V DC / 1000V AC max. for ATEX / IECEx||Gas Group IIB+H2|
|Control & Distribution Panels (Flameproof Ex d IIC) in Aluminum||Suitable for operation in Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21 & Zone 22||Ex d & Ex tb Certified. 1000V DC / 1500V AC max.||Gas Group IIC|
|Control & Distribution Panels (Flameproof Ex d IIC) in Stainless Steel||Suitable for operaton in Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21 & Zone 22||Ex d & Ex tb Certified. 1000V DC / 1500V AC max.||Gas Group IIC|
|Control & Distribution Panels (Ex d Flameprrof IIB or Ex d IIB+H2) in Aluminum||Suitable for operation in Zone 1 & Zone 2||Ex d Certified||Gas Group IIB+H2
Gas Group IIB
for Hazardous Area Industries
Fast Design & Delivery Service
Thorne & Derrick International, working with Pepperl+Fuchs, understand the complexities involved in Exd design and manufacture. 12-16 week lead times are not unfamiliar with Exd panels but we are able to work closely with our clients and supply chain and can provide custom built solutions on short lead time delivery for both UK and international projects – we can provide custom built ATEX certified panels depending upon engineering specification and factory capacity on 6 week lead times.
Ex d flameproof control panels can be customised for automation, production, process and hazardous area power distribution – we can arrange for control panel customisation with panels populated with terminals, drilled to accommodate cable glands according to zone location, gas group and international hazardous area certification requirements.
Hazardous area control panels with IP66/IP67 ingress protection and operating ambient temperature ranges of -50° to +60° are certified to Ex d and Ex tb, including intrinsically safe circuits.
Thorne & Derrick can custom design flameproof panels for protection and control of ATEX lighting, trace heating systems, and power distribution – electrical control panels for safe and reliable protection in Zone 1 and Zone 2 including indoors/outdoors, weather-exposed and corrosive environments.
To provide and protect Low Voltage Power Distribution networks from harsh environmental conditions and explosive atmospheres common to the onshore and offshore hazardous area industries please view our range of Exd enclosures for flameproof applications.
Hazardous Area Control Panels Ex d
- Control Panels Hazardous Area Ex d IIB Flameproof (ATEX) – Aluminium (Pepperl+Fuchs EJB)
- Control Panels Hazardous Area Ex d IIC Flameproof (ATEX) – Aluminium (Pepperl+Fuchs GUB)
- Control Panels Hazardous Area Ex d IIB Flameproof (ATEX) – Stainless Steel (Pepperl+Fuchs EJB/X)
- Control Panels Hazardous Area Ex d IIC Flameproof (ATEX) – Stainless Steel (Pepperl+Fuchs GUB/X)
- Control Panels Hazardous Area Ex d IIB Flameproof (ATEX) – Cast Iron (Pepperl+Fuchs ASM/CI)
➡ For further information about Hazardous Area Control Panels suitable for Zone 1 / 21 & Zone 2 / 22 areas where Ex d flameproof explosion protection is required please refer to the product sections below.
Explosion Proof & Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of ATEX & IECEx Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Panels | Plugs | Isolators | Enclosures | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Call Points | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Fans | Security Locks