Trace Heating cables & systems
Trace heating cables provide freeze protection and temperature maintenance (or heating) to pipes – commonly referred to as electric heat tracing, surface heating or heating tapes the cables are used to protect mechanical services (pipes, vessels, tanks, hoppers, valves, drums) against cold weather damage by sub-zero temperatures and frost conditions.
Thorne & Derrick International are the UK’s largest stockist and supplier of Trace Heating Systems & Heat Tracing Cables for commercial, industrial and hazardous area heating of pipework, tanks, drums and vessels in both safe, non-hazardous and hazardous area locations.
Since 1985 we have been providing expert technical support, competitive prices and an international delivery service for leading manufacturers of heat trace cables including Chromalox, EasyHeat, Eltherm, Nelson and Thermon.
Heat Tracing Cables – Commercial
- Frost Protection Heating Cables To Protect Water Pipes In Winter
- Hot Water Temperature Maintenance
- Ramp Heating – Snow Melting & Ice Prevention
- Roof & Gutter Heating – Snow Melting & Ice Prevention
- Tank Heating – Commercial, Industrial & Hazardous Area
Frost protection applications include trace heating of chilled water, heating, sprinkler and boosted cold water pipework.
Heat Tracing Cables – Industrial
- Prevent Pipework Freezing In Safe Area Cold Climates
- Protect Water, Chemical & Process Pipework Against Frost Damage – Winterisation
- Provide Trace Heating To Industrial Process Pipework To Maintain Flow, Temperature & Viscosity
- Process Pipework, Storage Tanks, Vessel & Drum Temperature Heating & Maintenance
- High Powered Heating Cable For Viscosity Control & Flow Control
- Prevent Fluids & Contents Freezing In Large Diameter Pipes & Bulk Storage Tanks
Precise, Medium & High Temperature Pipe Heating
- Precision temperature control and pipework heating for anti-cing, fuel oils, paints and fertilizers
- Medium temperature range pipe heating cables for polymers, acids, heavy fuels and chemicals
- High temperature pipework heating including heavy oils, asphalt, sulphur and bitumen
Industrial heat tracing cables withstand steam cleaning processes and high process temperatures in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries. Typical industrial trace heating applications includes caustic soda, chocolate, syrups, waxes, cooling and safety showers.
T&D distribute the most extensive range of Hazardous Area Electrical Heating enabling flow, workplace heating and and process heating in all industries.
Heat Tracing Cables – Hazardous Areas
- Process Temperature Maintenance In Zone 1 & Zone Hazardous Areas
- Explosive Atmospheres Certified Trace Heating – ATEX & IECEx
- Instrument & Sample Lines Heating To Optimum Temperatures For Process Flow
THERMON HEAT TRACING CABLEs for hazardous areas
- BSX Heating Cable – pipe frost protection or temperature maintenance to 65°C (150°F) ATEX
- RSX Heating Cable – pipe frost protection or temperature maintenance to 65°C (150°F) ATEX
- HTSX Heating Cable – pipe frost protection or temperature maintenance to 121°C (250°F) ATEX
- VSX Heating Cable – pipe frost protection or temperature maintenance to 149°C (300°F) ATEX
- KSX Heating Cable – pipe frost protection or temperature maintenance to 121°C (250°F) ATEX
➡ For further information visit Hazardous Area Heating Cables.
SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLES
Whenever the heat loss of the insulated pipe, tank or equipment increases (as ambient temperature drops), the heat output of the cable increases. Conversely, when the heat loss decreases (as the ambient temperature rises or product flows), the cable reacts by reducing its heat output.
➡ T&D stock trace heating cables in a range of technologies including self-regulating, constant wattage, mineral insulated and parallel resistance types with international hazardous area location classifications.