TRACE HEATING CABLES & SYSTEMS | DESIGN & SURVEYS
Competitive Prices | International Delivery | Safe & Hazardous Areas | Contact Us Today
Thorne & Derrick International are the UK’s largest stockist and supplier of Trace Heating Systems for commercial, industrial and hazardous area heating of pipework, tanks, drums and vessels in both safe, non-hazardous and hazardous area locations.
Since 1985 we have been providing expert technical support, competitive prices and an international delivery service for leading manufacturers of heating cables including ATEX Trace Heating from Chromalox, EasyHeat, Eltherm and Nelson.
Our Team of Trained Sales Engineers are available to advise and support your trace heating enquiries – this includes design and supply of complex multi-kilometre, major-project systems to custom tracing cable kits for the Winterisation of plant and factory facilities.
Customised Heating Cable Kits
Each kit can be supplied ready to install with step-by-step instructions – simply attach the cable, linearly, to the length of the water pipe, insulate and plug in to the mains supply. Controlled by an air sensing thermostat that will activate when the ambient temperature falls below 5° Celsius the pipe heating cables will gently trace heat the pipe, thus preventing water from freezing – our friendly and expert team of Sales Engineers or just a call away if you’re in doubt.
Trace heating cables provide freeze protection and temperature maintenance (or heating) to pipes – commonly referred to as electric heat tracing, surface heating or heat tracing cables they are used to protect mechanical services (pipes, vessels, tanks, hoppers, valves, drums) against cold weather damage by sub-zero temperatures and frost conditions.
Key Heating Cable Applications – the cables are used to maintain or raise the temperature of Product, Process Liquids or Gases, Pipes, Vessels, Impulse Lines, Foundation (Concrete, etc) or for Application Purposes (Quality, Safety, and Production Considerations).
- Process Temperature Maintenance
- Frost / Freeze Protection of Pipework
- Foundation Stability
Heating Cables – Commercial
- Frost Protection Heating Cables To Protect Water Pipes In Winter
- Hot Water Temperature Maintenance
- Ramp Heating – Snow Melting & Ice Prevention
- Roof & Gutter Heating – Snow Melting & Ice Prevention
- Tank Heating – Commercial, Industrial & Hazardous Area
Frost protection applications include heat tracing of chilled water, heating, sprinkler and boosted cold water pipework.
Heating Cables – Industrial
- Prevent Pipework Freezing In Safe Area Cold Climates
- Protect Water, Chemical & Process Pipework Against Frost Damage – Winterisation
- Provide Trace Heating To Industrial Process Pipework To Maintain Flow, Temperature & Viscosity
- Process Pipework, Storage Tanks, Vessel & Drum Temperature Heating & Maintenance
- High Powered Heating Cable For Viscosity Control & Flow Control
- Prevent Fluids & Contents Freezing In Large Diameter Pipes & Bulk Storage Tanks
Precise, Medium & High Temperature Pipe Heating
- Precision temperature control and pipework heating for anti-cing, fuel oils, paints and fertilizers
- Medium temperature range pipe heating cables for polymers, acids, heavy fuels and chemicals
- High temperature pipework heating including heavy oils, asphalt, sulphur and bitumen
Industrial trace heating cables withstand steam cleaning processes and high process temperatures in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries. Typical industrial heat tracing applications includes caustic soda, chocolate, syrups, waxes, cooling and safety showers.
T&D distribute the most extensive range of Hazardous Area Electrical Heating enabling flow, workplace heating and and process heating in all industries.
SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLES
Whenever the heat loss of the insulated pipe, tank or equipment increases (as ambient temperature drops), the heat output of the cable increases. Conversely, when the heat loss decreases (as the ambient temperature rises or product flows), the cable reacts by reducing its heat output.
➡ T&D stock trace heating cables in a range of technologies including self-regulating, constant wattage, mineral insulated and parallel resistance types with international hazardous area location classifications.