Lighting & Power - Hazardous Areas and Industrial
The Hazardous Area specialists
trust The “ex” Experts
T&D distribute Hazardous Area Products suitable for installation into locations and areas designated as a potentially explosive atmosphere, identified as Zone 1/2 (gas) or Zone 21/22 (dust) according to the ATEX directive.
All T&D Sales Engineers hold CompEx Certificates (Hazardous Awareness Course EX F) and attend ongoing Explosion Protection training – we are safely trusted to specify and supply safe equipment to provide Lighting & Power to hazardous areas and explosive atmospheres.
Gases, vapours, mists and dusts all form potentially explosive atmospheres with air and are classed as hazardous area locations according to the degree of explosion risk, known as Zones. Hazardous area workplaces and locations are classified in terms of Zones on the basis of the frequency and duration of the occurrence of an explosive atmosphere.
Such hazardous area Zone classifications are used to identify locations where, because of the potential for an explosive atmosphere to ignite, special precautions over dangerous sources of possible ignition are needed to prevent fires and explosions.
International classifications, such as ATEX and IECEx, protect your people, plant and productivity from catastrophic industrial accidents and fatalities.
Gases, Vapours, Mists
Hazardous area zone classifications:
Zone 0 A place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of dangerous substances present continuously or for long periods or frequently.
Zone 1 A place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of dangerous substances is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
Zone 2 A place in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of dangerous substances is not likely to occur in normal operation but, if it does occur, will persist for a short period only.
T&D distribute Hazardous Area Lighting, Power & Electrical Products for safe installation in Zone 1 & 2 locations with potentially explosive atmospheres and gas risks including:
- Solvent Vapours – liquid paint, varnish, bonding, stripping
- Propellant Gas – lubricants, perfumes, paint, surface treatment
- Gas Leaks – heating processes, hydrogen furnaces
- Handling & Storage – butane, propane
- Fossil Fuels – oil, petrol, methane
Hazardous area zone classifications:
Zone 20 A place in which an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air is present continuously, or for long periods or frequently.
Zone 21 A place in which an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
Zone 22 A place in which an explosive atmosphere in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air is not likely to occur in normal operation but, if it does occur, will persist for a short period only.
Equipment Selection For Hazardous Areas – control the risk
T&D are Specialist Distributors of Hazardous Area Lighting & Industrial Power Distribution products to UK and international customers – we guarantee expert technical support across an extensive range of core products with ATEX and IECEx certification for potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Plugs, Sockets & Connectors
- Motor Starters
- Enclosures & Junction Boxes
- Control Stations
- Control Panels
Power Distribution – Plugs, Sockets, Connectors & Decontactors
T&D distribute Marechal Plugs & Sockets for low voltage, high current, industrial and hazardous area electrical distribution in both Zone 1 and Zone 2.
- Industrial Plugs – 16A-250A Plugs
- Signal & Control Plugs – 16A-30A Up To 37 Contacts
- High Current Plugs – 75A-700A Power Connector Plugs
- Hazardous Area Plugs – Zone 1 & Zone 2 Plugs & Connectors (Explosion Proof – ATEX & IECEx)
- High Temperature Plugs – Power Connectors 240-400° Celsius
- Power Distribution Boxes, Connectors, Sockets & Service Boxes
Lighting – LED Luminaires, Fluorescent Luminaires, Floodlights, Wellglass & Bulkhead
T&D distribute Petrel Lighting for Zone 1 & Zone 2 hazardous area lighting including – LED luminaires, fluorescent luminaires, floodlights, wellglass and bulkhead type light fittings. Portable lighting using handlamps, headtorches and hand torches is also available – T&D are Approved Distributors of Wolf Safety Lamp.
- Fluorescent / LED Lighting – Emergency, Bulkhead, Well Glass & Floodlights
- Portable Lighting – Handlamps, Torches, Headtorches & Floodlights
- Temporary Floodlights, Tanklights, Airlamps & Mobile Lighting
- Group 1 Mining Caplamps & Headtorches (ATEX)
Enclosures, Junction Boxes & Control Stations
T&D are Approved Distributors for the Abtech range of electrical enclosures customised to suit LV-HV power distribution requirements in hazardous areas. Junction boxes can be drilled, modified and populated with terminals to suit client specifications.
- Electrical Enclosures – GRP, Stainless Steel & Aluminium (Zone 1 & Zone 2 Hazardous Areas)
- High Voltage (HV) Enclosures & Junction Boxes (3.3kV 6.6kV 11kV 33kV)
- Hazardous Area Control Stations – Zone 1, Zone 21 & Zone 22 ATEX
- Hazardous Area Control Panels – Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX (Ex d Flameproof)
Hazardous Area Suppliers
Thorne & Derrick’s customer base includes global oil and gas exploration companies, their EPC’s, specialist contractors, framework suppliers and traders – additionally we supply companies in the petrochemicals, fine chemicals, pharmaceutical, foodstuffs, paints, resins/plastics, agrochemicals and soaps/detergents business sectors.
T&D distribute the most complete single-source Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment.
T&D distribute ASCO solenoid valves including two-position on/off valves to advanced flow control systems – 2-way, 3-way and 4-way hazardous area solenoid valves handle most fluid control applications in industrial and explosive atmospheres and are available with ATEX certification and Class I, Division 2 approvals.