Katronic – Ultrasonic Flow Measurement & Flowmeters
Katronic are manufacturers of portable and fixed ultrasonic flowmeters for flow measurement applications within industrial and hazardous area industries. Using ultrasonic flowmeter technology ensures accurate and reliable flow readings can be taken quickly and easily from outside of the pipe effectively eliminating the need for pipe cutting.
Katronic’s ultrasonic flowmeters can be used to measure flow rates on pipes of all standard materials over a large diameter range from 10 to 6,500mm and are suitable for process liquids, pure water, chemicals and effluents. The flowmeter instruments measure over a range of 0.01 to 25m/s with a repeatability of 0.15%.
KATflow meters are supplied with stainless steel transducers as standard on all models and housings are designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions.
Katronic Flowmeters Overview
- KATflow 100 Flowmeter Standard Ultrasonic Fixed
- KATflow 150 Flowmeter Advanced Ultrasonic Fixed
- KATflow 10 Flowmeter Ultrasonic Fixed
- KATflow 200 Flowmeter Handheld Ultrasonic Portable
- KATflow 210 Flowmeter Integrated Ultrasonic Portable
- KATflow 230 Flowmeter Ultrasonic Portable
- KATflow 170 ATEX Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 2 Ultrasonic Flowmeter
With more than 20 years of experience Katronic have built an excellent reputation providing reliable flow measurement solutions since 1996. With a core believe that flow measurement should be quick, simple and straightforward to install and operate, Katronic have equipped every KATflow ultrasonic flowmeter with an intuitive menu, instrument set-up wizard and a unique Audible Sensor Positioning Assistant.
KATflow meters utilise the transit time ultrasonic principle which involves mounting a pair of transducers on the external surface of the pipe which are then used to generate ultrasonic pulses. These signals travel through the pipe wall and liquid media from sensor to the other both with and against the direction of the flow.
The difference in the transit time of these signals is directly proportional to the flow velocity of the liquid allowing the connected flow meter to calculate flow values. The electronics of the flowmeter can be set to compensate and adapt to changes in the medium such as flow profile, type of liquid and pipe material to ensure reliable measurements.
Hazardous Area Flowmeter ATEX Certified Zone 1 & Zone 2
Katronic KATflow 170
Katronic KATflow 170 ATEX flowmeter is specified for permanent service in Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas where potentially explosive atmospheres exist and an explosion-proof and flameproof flowmeter is required.
Simple installation and commissioning processes for hazardous area Ex-certified flowmeters provides user benefits where offshore locations can be difficult to reach – no specialist training or skills are required and remote telephone or web based back-up is available.
Katronic meter flow sensors are manufactured from non-corrosive, marine grade stainless steel with IP 68 rating for submersion in water, splash zones, sea water exposure and corrosive atmospheres common in onshore and offshore harsh, hazardous area locations.
- IP 68 Ingress Protection – IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.
Non-invasive, clamp-on flow meters require no pipe cutting eliminating contamination risk and high pressure pipeline leakages. Offshore drilling fluids used in the oil extraction and production process are pumped at high pressure and flow velocity precluding the retrofitting of an invasive flowmeter.
- Hazardous Area Ex Flowmeter Certification Code I I 2G Ex de I IB T6
Flowmeter Applications IN HAZARDOUS AREA INDUSTRIES
Oil & Gas
- Methanol and water injection flow metering
- Produced water measurements
- Measurements on coiled tubing systems
- Pump testing and inspection
- Verification of in-line meters
- Oil blending skids located in hazardous areas
- Flow measurement of refined products
- Flow measurement of corrosive or toxic chemicals
- Boiler feedwater measurements
Water & Wastewater
- Effluent flow measurement in hazardous areas
Offshore & Marine
- Tanker unloading systems
- Fire suppression systems
Hazardous Area Industries
- Distillery process measurements
- Automated process control
- Production chemical measurements in hazardous areas
Ultrasonic Clamp-On Hazardous Area Flowmeter
See how the functional benefits of Katronic KATflow 170 instrument are suitable for Ex Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous area flowmeter applications. Communication types include: RS 485 (optional), Modbus RTU (optional), HART compatible output and Profibus PA (optional).
Katronic KATflow 200 Ultrasonic Clamp-On Flowmeter
The KATflow 200 is lightweight and easy to use, able to be operated by a user one-handed making it an ideal flowmeter for use in confined spaces or when working at height.
KATflow 200 flowmeters are suitable for pipe diameters ranging from 10mm up to 6,500mm and have a robust IP65 enclosure with added rubber shock protector and has a selectable three-line LCD display and full keypad.
Stainless steel sensors, cables and connectors are supplied as standard for temperature ranges from -30ºC to +250ºC and a large data logger and software are also supplied for sampling and data transfer.
KATRONIC KATFLOW 200 ULTRASONIC CLAMP-ON FLOWMETER (PORTABLE) – Features
- Pipe diameter range 10mm to 6,500mm
- Temperature range for sensors – -30ºC to +250ºC (-22ºF to +482ºF)
- Flowmeter weight 650g
- Robust IP65 enclosure with added rubber shock protector
- Selectable three-line LCD display and full keypad
- Battery life up to 24 hours with standard NiMH AA batteries for simple replacement
- Lightweight and tactile flowmeter for easy one handed use
- Innovative installation wizard for quick and intuitive programming
- Full instrument diagnostics and scope function
- Large data logger and software for sampling and data transfer
- Optional – Pipe wall thickness gauge
- Optional – Crush-proof IP67 transport case or lightweight soft case
- Optional – Special waterproof solution available for harsh environmental conditions
- Optional – KATdata+ software for data evaluation
- Optional – External battery pack available for long term measurements
installing Katronic Portable Flowmeter
installing Katronic Fixed Flowmeter
Katronic Technologies Ltd are market-leading manufacturers of clamp-on ultrasonic flow meters and non-invasive process measurement instrumentation – employing state-of-the-art electronics and sensor technology to produce clamp-on flow meters that are highly reliable and easy to operate.
Katronic clamp-on ultrasonic flow meters from the KATflow range can measure on pipes of every common material and diameter in industrial and hazardous area locations.
Since 1985 T&D have serviced the UK and world markets with an extensive range of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment – our Export Department is staffed by a team of professional sales engineers, sourcing specialists, expeditors and customer service advisors.
T&D global project experience has enabled us to build a solid reputation for the reliable supply of brand leaders – we consolidate your supply chain by providing single-source logistics to any international destination.
See how Thorne & Derrick service and support our key global markets and hazardous area industries in the following SlideShelf of Industry Infographics.
- Measurement – Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, CO2
- Gas Detectors (Industrial), Leak Detection (Refrigerant) & Analyzers
- Heat Tracing Systems & Trace Heating Cables
- Heaters – Drum, IBC, Tank, Immersion & Process
- Valves, Gauges, Sensors & Monitors
- Meters – Flow, Water, Gas, Heat & Energy
- Surface Heating Elements, Mats & Pads
- Hazardous Area Power Distribution, Lighting & Enclosures