Lighting – Hazardous Area Group 1 Mining Caplamps (M0 M1 M2)
ATEX Certified ◊ Group 1 Mining ◊ Hazardous Areas
T&D are Main Distributors for Oldham Mining Caplamps providing safe, explosion proof portable lighting for Group 1 Mining applications where coal dust and methane gas atmospheres could ignite and pose potential explosion risks – globally mines are categorised for health and safety purposes as Hazardous or Non-Hazardous.
Underground and surface mines are classified according to the level of safety protection imposed upon them by law, where all equipment such as caplamps and portable mine lighting, must comply with the relevant safety rating.
Miners caplamps categorised for safe use in Group 1 (M1 & M2) Hazardous Area Locations are available with LED and halogen lamps powered by li-ion batteries and certified according to ATEX Directive.
Group 1 Mining Caplamps
- Oldham GL9 Halogen Lamps with 12.4Ah li-ion battery
- Oldham GL16 Halogen Lamps with 24.8 li-ion battery
- Oldham DL9 LED Lamps with 12.4Ah li-ion battery
- Oldham DL16 LED Lamps with 24.8 li-ion battery
- Oldham AE9 LED Lamps with 8.8Ah li-ion battery
- Oldham AE16 LED Lamps with 17.6Ah li-ion battery
Oldham mining caplamps are “ruggedised” to mining standards according to ATEX hazardous area directive – with advanced reliability, highest quality components and 5 year life expectancy with tailored charger performance. Customers report 1200 cycles without failure.
Oldham Lamps – Hazardous Area Miners Caplamps
Features & Benefits
- High intensity focussed lighting – brightest light penetration for underground mining safety and visibility
- Lowest total cost of life ownership
- Total performance and reliability – no portable lighting failures reported underground
- Longest lighting peformance in emergency situations
- Complete availability of repair parts for full maintainability
- High capacity batteries – 12 hour operation with 4 hour+ safety margin
- Fully certified miners caplamps according to ATEX for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- Proven, tested, quality components for reliable underground coal mine lighting performance
Should you require any assistance with the specification or supply of Group 1 Miners Caplamps please do not hesitate to contact us.
mining categories – M1 or M2?
- Mining Category M2 Occasional Short Duration Risk – a hazardous area underground mine location in which an explosive atmosphere is not likely to occur in normal operation, but if it does, only for short periods.
- Mining Category M1 Frequent Risk In Normal Operation – a hazardous area underground mine location in which an explosive atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation.
➡ For complete technical details, hazardous area classification and ordering details for Group 1 Mining Caplamps manufactured by Oldham, please refer to the product sections below.
T&D also distribute Wolf Portable Lighting to satisfy the hazardous area lighting requirements for the international oil, gas and petrochem industries.