Petrel Lighting, Motor Starters & Isolators (Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX)
Ex d (flameproof) explosion protected lighting provides reliable, safe and highest quality light levels for use in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Zone 1 Hazardous Area Lighting – ATEX Certified
Hazardous area lighting luminaires including linear, wellglass, floodlight and bulkhead lights certified by ATEX for Zone 1 lighting.
- 9 Series Ex ed Zone 1 Fluorescent Luminaire (ATEX) 18W to 58W Lamps – Linear Light Fittings
- 9 Series Ex ed Zone 1 LED Luminaire (ATEX) – Linear Light Fittings
- 7 Series Ex d Zone 1 Fluorescent Luminaire (ATEX) 8W to 58W Lamps – Linear Light Fittings
- 7 Series Ex d Zone 1 LED Luminaire (ATEX) – Linear Light Fittings
- 8 Series Ex de Zone 1 Floodlight (ATEX) – 150W to 500W Lamps
- Pd9000 LED Floodlight – Zone 1 Hazardous Area (ATEX)
- 6 Series (610) Ex de Zone 1 Hazardous Area Well Glass Light Fitting (ATEX)
- 6 Series (620) Ex de Zone 1 Hazardous Area Well Glass Light Fitting (ATEX)
- 6 Series (621) Ex de Zone 1 Hazardous Area Bulkhead Light Fitting (ATEX)
- 9 Series Recessed Ex de Zone 1 Fluorescent Luminaire
- Portable Luminaire Fluorescent & LED – Zone 1
➡ More info: Zone 1 Hazardous Area Lighting
Zone 2 Hazardous Area Lighting – ATEX Certified
Hazardous area lighting luminaires including linear, floodlight and bulkhead lights certified by ATEX for Zone 2 lighting utilising high power LEDs and traditional fluorescent single and twin lamps (18w, 36w and 58w).
- Zone 2 LED Light Fitting Hazardous Area ATEX Certified – Petrel XN
- Zone 2 Fluorescent Hazardous Area Lighting ATEX Certified – Petrel EXEN
- Zone 2 Floodlight Hazardous Area Lighting ATEX Certified – Petrel ZT
- Zone 2 Bulkhead Hazardous Area Lighting ATEX Certified – Petrel DN
- Zone 2 Submersible Bulkhead Hazardous Area Lighting ATEX Certified – Petrel 457
➡ More info: Zone 2 Hazardous Area Lighting
Zone 1 Enclosures, Motor Starters & Isolators – ATEX Certified
Petrel G20 hazardous area certified Exd certified cast (aluminium or iron) explosion proof enclosures suitable for use in Zone 1 and Zone 2 applications. Custom designed hazardous area control panels are available to cover a wide variety of gas groups and temperature classes.
Ex d flameproof electrical enclosures with ATEX certification house a variety of control equipment. Hazardous area motor starters rated 5.5kW to 55kW with or without isolators
How To Select Hazardous Area ATEX Enclosures
T&D can provide standard and customised electrical enclosures – contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Kilowatt Rating
- Hazardous Area Gas Group, Zone & T-Class Rating
- Current Loading
- Cable Entries – cable size and number
- Terminals – size and number
- Voltages & Frequencies
- Motor Starter Type – DOL, Star Delta, Reversing, 2 Speed
- Switch Type – number of poles and current rating
- Button – number and type
ATEX, Hazardous Area Zones & Gas Groups
Typical hazardous area lighting and electrical equipment markings:
Ex II 2 G, Ex II 3 D
Where II is the equipment group; 2 is the category for use; G (or D) is the type of explosive atmosphere – G = gas, vapour or mist; and D = Dust
IIC T4 Ta = -20°C to + SS°C
IIC refers to the gas group (potentially explosive atmosphere) and where the T class (temperature rating) will vary against ambient
IIC TS Ta = -20°C to + 2S°C
T class marking for dust may also be shown if different to gas
The hazardous area location classification and corresponding equipment categories are – Category 1 equipment can also be used in hazardous area Zones 1 and Zones 21 and Category 1 and 2 equipment can be used in Zones 2 and Zones 22.
- Zone 0 & Zone 20 – Category 1 Equipment
- Zone 1 & Zone 21 – Category 2 Equipment
- Zone 2 & Zone 22 – Category 3 Equipment
Hazardous Area Zone 1
A hazardous area location in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour or mist is likely to occur in normal operation occasionally.
Hazardous Area Zone 2
A hazardous area location in which an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of flammable substances in the form of gas, vapour or mist is not likely to occur in normal operation but, if it does occur, persists for a short period only.
T&D, The Explosive Atmosphere Experts, can confidently specify and supply hazardous area lighting, electrical enclosures, motor starters and isolators. Contact us to discuss your requirements for Zone 1 & Zone 2 hazardous area locations – we distribute the most extensive range of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment.
Since 1985 T&D have serviced the UK and world markets with an extensive range of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment – our Export Department is staffed by a team of professional sales engineers, sourcing specialists, expeditors and customer service advisors.
T&D global project experience has enabled us to build a solid reputation for the reliable supply of brand leaders – we consolidate your supply chain by providing single-source logistics to any international destination.
See how Thorne & Derrick service and support our key global markets and hazardous area industries in the following SlideShelf of Industry Infographics.
- Measurement – Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, CO2
- Gas Detectors (Industrial), Leak Detection (Refrigerant) & Analyzers
- Heat Tracing Systems & Trace Heating Cables
- Heaters – Drum, IBC, Tank, Immersion & Process
- Valves, Gauges, Sensors & Monitors
- Meters – Flow, Water, Gas, Heat & Energy
- Surface Heating Elements, Mats & Pads
- Hazardous Area Lighting Zone 1
- Hazardous Area Lighting Zone 2
petrel SOCIAL MEDIA