ATEX Floodlights | Zone 1 Floodlight Hazardous Area Lighting ATEX Ex de – Petrel 8 Series
Zone 1 Floodlight – Hazardous Area Lighting
ATEX Floodlight Classification – Ex de II 2GD IIB T2 – T3 Protection IP 66
Heavy duty Zone 1 hazardous area ATEX floodlights are manufactured from marine grade aluminium and incorporating an adjustable beam feature and are certified for use with SON, MBF and tungsten lamps.
Lamp access is via a screwed cover for rapid lamp change and the floodlight may be mounted using adjustable pivot bracket or pole mounting points. Additionally, the Petrel 8 Series Zone 1 floodlights are fitted with symmetrical reflector as standard.
➡ See Zone 2 Hazardous Area Lighting for fluorescent, LED, floodlight and bulkhead type light fittings for potentially explosive atmospheres with ATEX certification – Zone 2 fluorescent also available.
➡ Please Note: This range has been superseded by Petrel LED Area Light
ZONE 1 Floodlight
Hazardous area & atex approved
- Certification and Hazardous Area Approval Certification Code: Ex de II 2 GD IIB T2 – T3
- Certification Number: SIRA 01 ATEX 1035. IECEx SIR 09.0030
- Certification Standard: EN 60079, EN 61241, IEC 60079, IEC 61241
- Protection: IP 66
Benefits & Options
- Pole mounting Zone 1 floodlight
- Fully angular adjustable stirrup mounting
- 8/150wSON-T/240/50 (150W SON version), 8/250wSON-T/240/50 (250W SON version)
- 8/400wSON-T/240/50 (400W SON version)
- 8/250wMBI-T/240/50 (250W metal halide version), 8/400wMBI-T/240/50 (400W metal halide version)
- 8/500w/TH/240/50 (500W tungsten halogen version)
- 8/250w/HPMV/240/50 (250W mercury vapour version), 8/400wHPMV/240/50 (400W mercury vapour version)
- Narrow/Wide beam adjustment to focus Zone 1 floodlight output as required
- Low installation costs with integral ‘e’ terminal chamber (inexpensive glanding)
- Single cast floodlight body (no junction box required), more resistant to corrosion
- 230v 50Hz Check for alternative voltages and frequency.
- -20°C to +55°C standard supply but subject to lamp, voltage and ambient temperature combinations .
- Tubular: SON, MBI, HPMV, Tungsten. Symmetrical reflector fitted to all versions.(Lamps not provided)
ZONE 1 FLoodlight ATEX – PETREL 8 SERIES
|Supply Voltage||230V 50Hz , Check for alternative voltages and frequency|
|Operating Temperature||-20ºC to +55ºC standard supply subject to lamp, voltage and ambient temperature requirements|
|Control Gear||Integral within the luminaire and optional power factor correction|
|Lamp Options||Tubular: SON, MBI, HPMV, Tungsten. Symmetrical reflector fitted to all versions. (Lamps not provided)|
|Cable Entries||2 x M20 – ISO (1 plugged as standard). Other threads available.|
|Terminals||2 wire and earth. Cable size 6mm² max with looping facility|
|Mounting Facility||Rear pole mounting directly to body or for adjustable angle version order with “U” shaped stirrup and graduated angle bracket|
|Access||Terminals accessed via Ex e terminal cover with 4 stainless steel fixings. Lamp change via threaded lamp cover for reduced maintenance time|
|Material||Corrosion resistant marine grade Aluminium body and covers and toughened Borosilicate glass|
|Finish||2 pack epoxy paint on primed surface. Standard floodlight colour – Aqua. Additional costs for non standard colours|
|Weight||SON, MBI, HPMV – 33kgs|
Tungsten – 29kgs
|Floodlight Features||Adjustable beam width|
Symmetrical reflector fitted to all versions
Heavy Duty construction
Directionally adjustable with stirrup mounting bracket.
T&D distribute an extensive range of Zone 1 Hazardous Area Equipment including plugs/sockets, junction boxes/enclosures, isolators and control panels with ATEX certification for both Zone 1 and Zone 2 potentially explosive atmospheres.