IECEx Lighting | LED Light Fittings | Hazardous Area Lighting Zone 1 & Zone 2 (21/22) | ATX FELED
LED Light Fittings | Linear
Hazardous Area Lighting
Zone 1 & Zone 2 (21 & 22)
ATEX & IECEX Certified Lighting
Product Category: Hazardous Area Lighting | LED Light Fittings
FELED Series Nonmetallic LED Light Fittings manufactured by Appleton ATX provide hazardous area lighting and are easy to install and maintain – LED light fittings are available in standard or an emergency back-up version with built in battery and ATEX and IECEx certifications.
ATX FELED Series of LED light fittings are specified to provide lighting in hazardous area Zone 1 and Zone 2 (Gas) / Zone 21 and Zone 22 (Dust) locations and provide between 2,500 and 7,200 lumens to fit a wide variety of explosive atmosphere lighting applications.
LED light fittings are easily retrofitted to existing fluorescent lighting fixtures in hazardous area locations as they maintain the same look and feel – IP66 Ingress Protection and IK10 Mechanical Protection.
Appleton ATX FELED light fittings (LED type) use the same footprint and mounting accessories as the ATX FE series of fluorescent fittings – saving time, labour and money.
|Appleton ATX FELED Series Non-Metallic LED Luminaires – Standard Light Fitting|
|LED Luminaires Ex db eb mb IIC With Diffused Lens||For Unarmoured Cable M25 Entries||For Armoured Cable M20 Entries|
|2850lm – 100/240 V – 50/60Hz||FELED3CBDSND||FELED3CBDSAD|
|3600lm – 100/240 V – 50/60Hz||FELED4CBDSND||FELED4CBDSAD|
|4650lm – 100/240 V – 50/60Hz||FELED5CBDSND||FELED5CBDSAD|
|7050lm – 100/240 V – 50/60Hz||FELED7CBDSND||FELED7CBDSAD|
|Appleton ATX LED Emergency Luminaires – 3 Hours Emergency Light Fitting|
|4650lm – 100/240 V – 50/60Hz||FELED5CBDSNDE||FELED5CBDSADE|
Fluorescent to LED Light Fitting Upgrade
- Energy Savings – LED light fittings provide far greater lighting efficiency compared to traditional fluorescent lighting fittings
- Maintenance Savings – fluorescent lamps last an average of 13,000 hours in continuous use. LED light fittings are rated for 60,000 hours and can exceed 200,000 hours depending on ambient temperature
- Lighting Safety – LED light fittings provide instant on and cold-start capabilities without end-of-life degradation or premature failures due to frequent cycling, with a photobiological safety rating of RG0.
Fluorescent to LED Light Fittings Retrofit – Lighting Selection
➡ A table to assist the selection of replacement LED (FELED) for fluorescent (FE) type light fittings:
|FE Fluorescent||Lamp||Lamp Output (Lumens)||System Efficiency||Systems Output (Lumens)||Effective LED Output Required for Replacement (Lumens)||Normalised Output (Lumens)||FELED LED||FELED Series (Lumens)|
|FEB218BUSA||2 x 18W||2400||85%||2040||1836||1800||FELED3C||2850|
|FEB318BUSA||3 x 18W||3600||68%||2448||2203||2200||FELED3C||2850|
|FEB136BUSA||1 x 36W||275||89%||2448||2203||2200||FELED3C||2850|
|FEB236BUSA||2 x 36W||5500||80%||4400||3960||4000||FELED4C / FELED5C||3600 / 4650|
|FEB158BUSA||1 x 58W||4325||87%||3763||3386||3300||FELED5C||4650|
|FEB258BUSA||2 x 58W||8650||77%||6661||5994||6000||FELED7C||7050|
|FEB358BUSA||3 x 58W||12975||66%||8564||7707||7500||FELED7C||7050|
Fluorescent to LED Light Fittings – Energy Comparison
|FE Fluorescent Fitting||Lamp Used||Power Consumption (Watts)||FELED LED Fitting||Power Consumption (Watts)||% Energy Savings|
|FEB218BUSA||2 x 18W||36||FELED3||27W||25%|
|FEB318BUSA||3 x 18W||54||FELED3||27W||50%|
|FEB136BUSA||1 x 36W||36||FELED3||27W||25%|
|FEB236BUSA||2 x 36W||72||FELED5||38W||47%|
|FEB158BUSA||1 x 58W||58||FELED5||38W||34%|
|FEB258BUSA||2 x 58W||116||FELED7||63W||46%|
|FEB358BUSA||3 x 58W||174||FELED7||63W||64%|
LED Light Fittings – Specification
Appleton ATX FELED range of LED linear light fittings are available in 5000K or 4000K colour temperatures.
- Light fitting meets photobiological requirement for Risk Group 0 (RG0).
- Easy to retrofit in same mounting footprint as Appleton ATX FE nonmetallic fluorescent lighting fittings.
- Full range of lumen outputs, with light distribution equivalent to Appleton ATX FE fluorescent light fittings.
- Corrosion-resistant fiberglass reinforced polyester body and hinged polycarbonate lens.
- High impact resistance housing (20 Joules – IK10) from -30 °C to +55 °C (-22 °F to +131 °F) ambient temperature and wind profile for use in extreme offshore and onshore environments.
- 60,000+ hour LED life for years of maintenance free hazardous area lighting.
- Lightweight fitting design, hinged cover with captive screws, and terminal block wiring for easy installation and maintenance.
- Contemporary, low profile design linear type light fitting suitable for tight and confined spaces.
- Standard screw-type terminal block can accept 1.5 to 6sqmm wire.
- Field replaceable LED driver.
- Industry-leading thermal management for safe, reliable operation over wide temperature range.
- Universal, high efficiency, drivers cover voltage requirements for 120-277 Vac, 170-300 Vdc, 50/60 Hz +/- 10%.
- High power factor electronic driver (>0.95).
- Standard 6KV surge suppression.
- M20 plug or M25 plug provided.
- Latch assembly and elastomer gasket seals against water and dust ingress, IP66.
- Easily accessed for maintenance using Allen key or straight blade screwdriver.
- Central opening with unique patented release system to prevent damage.
- LED light fittings can be horizontally or vertically mounted in hazardous area locations.
- Available in 3 hour emergency version, including built-in monthly self- test. Test results through multi-colored LED.
- Positive safety switch disconnects power to LED’s and driver to allow maintenance in hazardous locations (emergency version).
- Ex e battery with plug-in connector.
- See Fluorescent Light Fittings | ATEX | Hazardous Area Lighting
Light Fittings Material
i) Housing: fibreglass reinforced polyester. ii) Lens: polycarbonate. iii) Diffuser: polycarbonate. iv) Gasket: elastomer. v) Internal reflector: highly reflective white polycarbonate (standard light fitting) or powder coated aluminium (emergency light fitting). vi) Mounting: accessories are available in different materials including grey painted aluminium, zinc plated steel, galvanised steel or 316 stainless steel.
ATEX & IECE x Hazardous Area Certifications and Compliances
Appleton ATX FELED range of LED linear light fittings are approved according to ATEX and IECEx standards:
• Certification Type: Appleton ATX FELED30
— Gas: Zones 1 and Zones 2 Hazardous Area
– Conforming to ATEX 2014/34/EU: II 2 G
– Type of Explosion Protection: Ex eb mb op is IIC Gb
– Temperature Class: T4
— Dust: Zones 21 & Zones 22 Hazardous Area
– Conforming to ATEX 2014/34/EU: II 2 D
– Type of Explosion Protection: Ex op is tb IIIC Db
– Surface Temperature: +60 °C to +75 °C (+140 °F to +167 °F)
• Ambient Temperature: -30°C up to +55°C (-22°F up to +131°F)
• EU Declaration of Conformity: 50318
• ATEX Certificate: INERIS 18 ATEX 0042X
• IECEx Certificate: IECEx INE 18.0039X
Certification Type: FELED (emergency)
— Gas: Zones 1 and Zones 2 Hazardous Areas
– Conforming to ATEX 2014/34/EU: II 2 G
– Type of Explosion Protection: Ex db eb mb IIC Gb
– Temperature Class: T6
— Dust: Zones 21 and Zones 22 Hazardous Areas
– Conforming to ATEX 2014/34/EU: II 2 D
– Type of Explosion Protection: Ex tb IIIC Db
– Surface Temperature: +63 °C to +73 °C (+145 °F to +163 °F)
• Ambient Temperature: -20°C up to +50 °C (-4 °F up to 122 °F)
• EU Declaration of Conformity: 50317
• ATEX Certificate: LCIE 16 ATEX 3048X
• IECEx Certificate: IECEx LCIE 16.0038X
• Standard and Emergency Linear Light Fittings (LED Type)
— Index of Protection according EN/IEC 60529: IP66
— Impact Resistance (shock): IK10
— Photobiological Safety, IEC 62778 and IEC 62471: RG0 at 0.25m mounting height
Flameproof and Increased Safety electrical equipment certified by ATEX and IEC for Zone 1 & 2 (Gas) and
Zone 21 & 22 (Dust) – this includes hazardous area lighting, plugs and sockets, junction boxes, panel boards, control stations and electrical enclosures for explosive atmospheres.