Preformed Silicone Heaters
High Watts Density Heating.
2 Weeks Promise : Concept, Design, Delivery for Silicone Heaters from T&D.
T&D provide a comprehensive silicone heater design service – we apply silicone heating technology to provide customised heating solutions to applications requiring a flexible, lightweight and high temperature heater.
Silicone heaters can be produced to exact size and shape in mat or pad format providing rapid heat transfer and heat-up efficiency.
Silicone heater mats and pads can be manufactured with eyelets, straps, hooks or Velcro.
Preformed silicone heaters can be vulcanised to a selection of diameters to suit a full or partial circumference of pipework.
In applications where a heater mat is required to fit small diameter pipework a more precise fit can be obtained by using Preformed Silicone Heaters. Silicone heaters can be formed and vulcanised to fit full or partial circumference of any pipe diameter.
Preformed Silicone Heaters
- Short lead time, fast delivery on all silicone heaters – UK and worldwide
- Wire wound or etch foil silicone heaters in mat or pad design
- Precise even surface heating for regular or irregular shapes
- Custom design – heat loss calculations determine exact requirement
- Flexible, lightweight and thin – space and weight reduced
- UL & VDE approved heaters
- Moisture and chemical resistant
- Temperature range -60°C to +230°C
Preformed HEATERS Applications
These silicone heaters can be supplied with separate straps for fixing or can be permanently installed using room temperature vulcanising, silicone adhesive or self adhesive systems. A factory fitting service for assembly of silicone heaters to customer components using vulcanisation or self adhesive methods is also available.
Silicone heaters of virtually any shape or size can be manufactured with a top quality, high speed design, prototype and production service available. Preformed silicone heaters can be produced to customers for trials and testing within days with average lead times of 7-10 days and urgent delivery of 3-5 days on small quantities.
Silicone provides precise and consistent surface heating.
Silicone characteristics include :
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low chemical reactivity – good chemical resistance
- Low smoke and toxicity
- Heat resistant
- Repel water and form watertight seals
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates
- Surface resists microbiological growth – fungus and bacteria resistance
- Resistant to oxygen, ozone, and ultraviolet (UV) light
- Low electrical conductivity and low dielectric constant
- Steam resistance up to 130°C or 2.5 bar
Silicon or Silicone? Silicon is a naturally occurring chemical element, whereas silicone is a synthetic substance.
T&D have produced standard and customised silicone heaters for most industries including : oil and gas, petrochemical, food processing, tank heating, battery warming, electronics, aerospace and manufacturing. Heat can be applied using versatile silicone heaters to complex shapes, geometries, curves and surfaces without compromising efficiency or reliability.
Silicone based heaters are used to heat, warm and frost protect drums, cylinders, IBCs, hopper heating, machinery and general surfaces.
➡ Read More: Silicone Heaters, Mats & Pads (Application Cases)