ATEX Phones – Hazardous Area Telephones ATEX IECEx Zone 1 & Zone 2
Eaton MEDC together with T&D can offer a range of ATEX Certified hazardous area phones including analogue, explosion protected, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and IP type telephones from Funke+ Huster Fernsig more commonly referred to as FHF – the explosion proof and hazardous area telephones are ATEX approved for Zone 1 and Zone 2 with IP66 protection and manufactured from robust GRP material for wall and desk mounting.
Eaton FHF provides a wide range of hazardous area telephones tested in harsh environments such as chemical plants, off-shore platforms and remote gas generating stations. The world class range has been developed over decades of experience in the field of industrial communication ensuring all customers are provided with the most reliable and up to date technology available.
Zone 1 & Zone 2 Phones
The Eaton FHF hazardous area telephones are offered with global ATEX, IECEx, UL and GOST approvals.
- FUF Ex ResistTel – explosion proof, weatherproof industrial ATEX telephone for use in Zone 1 hazardous area
- FUF Ex ResistTel MB – explosion proof, weatherproof industrial ATEX telephone for use in Zone 1 hazardous area
- FUF Ex ResistTel IP2 – IP telephone ATEX certified for indoor and outdoor use in Zone 1 hazardous area
- FUF Ex FernTel 3 – analogue desk/wall ATEX telephone for areas with explosive atmospheres Zone 2, 22 hazardous area
- FUF Ex FernTel IP – desk/wall VoIP telephone for ATEX areas with explosive atmospheres Zone 2, 22 hazardous area
- FUF Ex Howl-Call – battery and network-independent telephone system for ATEX certified applications, Zone 1 hazardous area
What Is the ATEX Directive?
ATEX is the harmonised EU legislation for controlling explosive atmospheres – the Directive describes the electrical and mechanical equipment allowed in a potentially explosive atmosphere according to the potential risk of explosion determined by the frequency of the occurrence and duration of an explosive atmosphere.
Explosive atmospheres in the workplace can be caused by flammable atmospheric gases, mists, vapours or by combustible dusts that can ignite under certain operating conditions. Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres cover a range of products, including ATEX phones and and mobile communications used on fixed offshore platforms, petrochemical plants, mines, and flour mills with Zone 1 & 2 or Zone 21 & 22 locations.
Hazardous Area Telephones & Mobile Communications
➡ T&D are Main Distributors for the complete range of Ecom Instruments hazardous area mobile phones (smartphones), tablets and handheld computers – this includes mobile computing, smart phones and communications for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres certified by ATEX for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous area locations.
Should you require technical support to select the most efficient VoIP, mobile phone or conventional landline telephone to improve communications in hazardous areas please do not hesitate to contact us.