ATEX Detectors, Control & Distribution Units – Hazardous Area ATEX Detectors, Control & Distribution Units ATEX IECEX Zone 1 Zone 2
ATEX Detectors, Control & Distribution Units
Eaton offers standard and bespoke ATEX control and distribution units for harsh and ATEX & IECEx Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
The control units are designed with convenient operation, safety and reliability in mind. As a leading manufacturer of hazardous area and explosion proof equipment, Eaton can provide hazardous area control units in a range of dimensions to suit your required specification.
Zone 1 & Zone 2
Detectors, Control & Distribution Units
The Eaton MEDC hazardous area control & distribution units are offered with global ATEX & IECEx approvals.
- MEDC SM87JB – ex d junction box
- MEDC HD1 – heat detector ex d, ex em & intrinsically safe (ex ia)
- MEDC JB10 & JB11 – junction boxes ex e, increased safety & weatherproof
- MEDC GHG432 & 434 – ex d and weatherproof
- MEDC GHG11 81 – control station ex ed and weatherproof
- MEDC GHG11 83 – control station ex ed and weatherproof
- MEDC GHG 44 – control stations and terminal boxes ex ed and weatherproof
- MEDC GHG 74 – control stations and terminal boxes ex e and weatherproof
- MEDC GP & JL – e d range of custom built panels
What Is the ATEX Directive?
ATEX is the harmonised EU legislation for controlling explosive atmospheres – the Directive describes the electrical and mechanical equipment allowed in a potentially explosive atmosphere according to the potential risk of explosion determined by the frequency of the occurrence and duration of an explosive atmosphere.
Explosive atmospheres in the workplace can be caused by flammable atmospheric gases, mists, vapours or by combustible dusts that can ignite under certain operating conditions. Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres cover a range of products, including ATEX phones, ATEX beacons and ATEX call points used on fixed offshore platforms, petrochemical plants, mines, and flour mills with Zone 1 & 2 or Zone 21 & 22 locations.
Should you require technical support to select the most efficient ATEX call point in Zone 1 & 2 or Zone 21 & 22 hazardous areas please do not hesitate to contact us.