Pressure Transmitters & Sensors (Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX IECEx) – VEGA
Process pressure measurement transmitters and sensors are used to measure the pressure of liquids, gases and vapours in pipes or closed vessels or containers – the pressure of the measured medium acts on a pressure measuring cell, which converts it into an electronic signal.
VEGA process pressure transmitters and sensors are specified for detecting the relative or absolute pressure in applications with condensation or rapid temperature changes – this includes potentially explosive atmospheres in classified hazardous areas.
MEASURING PROCESS PRESSURE
USING VEGA TRANSMITTERS
Hazardous Area Zone 1 & Zone 1
ATEX IECEx CERTIFIED
HAZARDOUS AREAS ZONE 1 & ZONE 2
What is Hazardous Area Zone 1?
- Zone 1 Hazardous Area – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is likely to occur in normal operation. Although not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for more than 10, but less than 1000 h/yr.
What is Hazardous Area Zone 2?
- Zone 2 Hazardous Area – a potentially explosive atmosphere in which an explosive liquid or gas atmosphere is not likely to occur in normal operation and if it occurs will exist only for a short time. “Short time” is not officially quantified according to IECEx or ATEX but commonly accepted by hazardous area industries as being prevalent for less than 10h/yr.
Should you require any technical support to select and purchase the correct hazardous area transmitter or sensor, please contact T&D.
VEGA VEGABAR process pressure gauges and transmitters measure the pressure and level of liquids, gases and vapours in non-hazardous and hazardous areas – designed for use in chemically aggressive liquids as well as in explosive atmospheres aor hygienic areas. VEGA process pressure transmitters are ideal for detecting relative or absolute pressure in applications with condensation or rapid temperature changes and can also measure the temperature of the medium.
PRESSURE MEASUREMENT USING VEGA TRANSMITTERS
VEGA pressure measurement transmitters suit gases, liquids and vapours – contact T&D to discuss your process instrumentation requirements.
♦ Chlorine/Water Pump Monitoring – VEGA VEGABAR 14 with PVDF connection provides accurate and reliable pressure measurement in chlorinated water, seawater and brine. Benefits:
- acid and chloride resistant PVDF plastic
- double seal on pressure transmitter for increased reliability
- vacuum and pressure impact resistant
♦ Compressed Air Monitoring – VEGA VEGABAR 14 monitors compressed air tank and the pressure lines of plant tools and machinery. Benefits:
- 316 grade stainless steel fittings
- small compact, space-saving, pressure transmitter
- highly overload-resistant ceramic measuring cell
♦ Feed Pressure Control Of Viscous Media – VEGA VEGABAR 17 measures process pressure in hot or viscous media in both non-hazardous and hazardous areas. Benefits:
- build-up resistant through front-flush diaphragm
- pressure transmitter with high temperature resistance up to 150° Celsius
- front-flush process fittings from 1/2″ 13mm thread
♦ Engine Test Bench Pressure Measurement – VEGA VEGABAR 17 measures dynamically and accurately the pressure of exhaust fumes, oil, fuel and combustion air on an engine test bench. Benefits:
- pressure transmitter hazardous area Ex approved (ATEX Directive)
- vibration and impact resistant
- process fittings from 1/4″ thread
VEGA VEGABAR series 80 instruments can be used to create an electronic differential pressure system – all are ATEX certified for hazardous area pressure measurement.
- VEGA VEGABAR 81 Transmitter with chemical seal assembly: the specialist for high temperatures and chemically aggressive media
- VEGA VEGABAR 82 Transmitter with ceramic measuring cell: the all-rounder for 80% of all applications in the process industry
- VEGA VEGABAR 83 Transmitter with metallic measuring cell: the expert for high-pressure applications
|VEGABAR 14||VEGABAR 17||VEGABAR 81||VEGABAR 82||VEGABAR 83|
|Transmitter Application||Liquids and gases||Liquids and gases (including high pressure)||Liquids and gases (including high temperature)||Liquids and gases||Liquids and gases (including high pressure)|
|Deviation||0.3%||0.5%||0.2%||0.2%, 0.1%, 0.05%||0.2%, 0.1%, 0.075%|
|Measuring Cell||CERTEC||Piezoresistive/thin film strain gauge||Chemical seal system||CERTEC, MINI-CERTEC||Piezoresistive/thin film strain gauge/METEC|
|Process Fitting||Thread from G1/2″, 1/2″ NPT of 316L PVDF||Thread from G1/2″ 1/2″ NPT of 316Ti||Thread from G1/2″, 1/2″ NPT, flanges from DN25 (1″) – hygienic fittings of 316L, Alloy 400, Tantalum, Gold||Flanges from DN15, 1 1/2″, hygienic fittings. thread from G1/2″ of 316L, Duplex, PVDF, Alloy||Thread from G1/2″, 1/2″ NPT, flanges from DN25, hygienic fittings of 316L, Alloy|
|Process Temperature||-40 to +100° Celsius||-40 to +150° Celsius||-90 to +400° Celsius||-40 to +150° Celsius||-40 to +200° Celsius|
|Measuring Range||-1 to +60 bar||-1 to +1000 bar||-1 to +1000 bar||-1 to +100 bar||-1 to +1000 bar|
|Approvals (including Hazardous Area)||ATEX, EAC (GOST), UKR Sepro, Ship||ATEX, EAC (GOST), UKR Sepro, Ship||ATEX, IEC, FM, CSA, EAC (GOST), Overfill protection, Ship, SIL2||ATEX, IEC, FM, CSA, EAC (GOST), Overfill protection, Ship, SIL2||ATEX, IEC, FM, CSA, EAC (GOST), Overfill protection, Ship, SIL2|
|Signal Output||4-20mA||4-20mA||4-20mA, 4-20mA/HART, Profibus PA, Foundation Fieldbus||4-20mA, 4-20mA/HART, Profibus PA, Foundation Fieldbus||4-20mA, 4-20mA/HART, Profibus PA, Foundation Fieldbus|
VEGA VEGABAR PRESSURE TRANSMITTERS
VEGA VEGABAR pressure measurement transmitters to suit all liquid, gas, and vapour application with measuring distance (metres), pressure range (bar), temperatures (° Celsius) and process pressure.
- Pressure transmitters handle a very wide measuring range: from vacuum to extreme pressures
- High operational reliability through integrated self-monitoring
- High overload resistance, long-term stability and thermal shock compensation of the dry, ceramic-capacitive measuring cell
Process Pressure Measurement TRANSMITTERS by VEGA
VEGA Grieshaber KG is a global manufacturer of process instrumentation – VEGA sensors measure level, point level, pressure as well as providing equipment and software for integration into process control systems for both safe and hazardous area installations.
VEGA VEGAPULS 64 radar level sensor for liquids is winner of the Technology Award in the category “MSR (Process Measurement and Control Technology)/Particle Characterization” – the sensor has revolutionised process measurement establishing a new frequency of 80 GHz, (surpassing the previous norm of 26 GHz).
➡ For complete technical specifications, ordering information and application details about VEGA Pressure Transmitters & Sensors please browse the product sections below.