Crowcon TXgard Plus Gas Detector
Crowcon TXgard Plus is a fixed gas detector that is ATEX certified for use in zone 1 or 2 hazardous areas . The Crowcon TXgard Plus flameproof (Ex d) gas detector also has UL certification and has a local LCD display.
Crowcon TXgard Plus has a wide selection of sensors including a number of catalytic beads for a wide selection of flammable gases and vapours as well as electrochemical sensors for toxic gases and oxygen.
The Crowcon TXgard Plus gas detector is suitable for for applications such as chemical plants, oil and gas exploration, water treatment and steel production.
Crowcon TXgard Plus has an ingress protection to IP65 as standard.
Crowcon TXgard Plus Fixed Gas Detector – Key Features
- Robust Construction – Crowcon TXgard Plus is constructed using marine grade aluminium with a stainless steel sensor housing
- Flexible Options – The TXgard Plus is available in 2 or 3 wire formats with a 40-20mA current sink or source. Relays for alarm and fault are also options
- Low Ownership Costs – Sensors are long life with simple part replacement making the gas detector easy to operate and maintain
- Calibration – The TXgard Plus can be calibrated with ease and boasts local display and buttons so the junction box doesn’t need to be opened. Non-intrusive one man calibration can be performed locally without the need for hot work permits
- Range of Sensors – This gas detector can be tailored to meet the user’s needs with a choice of catalytic beads for a wide selection of flammable gases and vapours and an extensive range of electrochemical sensors for toxic gases and oxygen
Crowcon TXgard Plus Bump Testing And Calibration
Routine bump testing is recommended for the range of Crowcon fixed gas detectors prior to each use. Bump testing is a brief application of a gas to the sensor to invoke a prescribed reaction, ensuring the gas detector reacts as expected.
Bump testing provides a quick, easy and direct method of verifying gas detectors are performing as required and takes a lot less time than ‘zeroing’ the device.
The bump test is widely accepted as a suitable method of testing gas detection equipment.
A choice of sensors are available enabling use in a wide range of applications, including water treatment, oil and gas exploration, chemical plants and steel production.
Crowcon TXgard Plus Fixed Gas Detector – Product Specifications
|Size||200 x 115 x 115mm (7.9 x 6.1 x 6.1ins)|
|Enclosure material||Junction box: Marine grade alloy Sensor housing: 316 stainless steel|
|Cable entries||2 x M20 or 1/2” NPT|
|Power||10-30Vdc, 210mA max (relay version) 160mA max (non relay)|
|Operating temperatures||-10o C to +55o C (14o F to 131o F) *|
|Humidity||15 to 90% RH non-condensing|
|Relays (optional)||SPNO or SPNC contacts rated 30Vdc 1A (non-inductive load) for Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Fault|
|Display||3-digit LCD back-lit display, LED status indicator|
|Calibration method||Via magnetically operated buttons|
|Electrical output||3 wire 4-20mA, sink or source|
|Terminals||Suitable for up to 1.5mm2 cable|
|Repeatability||+/- 2% FSD typically|
|Zero drift||+/-2% FSD, 6 months typically|
|Hazardous area zones||Zone 1 or 2|
|Approvals||Ex II 2 G Exd IIC T6 Gb UL Class I Zone 1|
|EMC compliance||EN50270, FCC, ICES-003|
Crowcon TXgard Plus – Fixed Gas Detector Gases And Ranges Detected
|Gas Type||LTEL (ppm)||STEL (ppm)||Crowcon TXgard Plus Range Available|
|Carbon monoxide (CO)||30||200||100, 250, 500, 1000ppm|
|Chlorine dioxide (CLO2)||0.1||0.3||–|
|Hydrogen cyanide (HCN)||–||10 (MEL)||–|
|Hydrogen fluoride (HF)||1.8||3||–|
|Hydrogen sulphide (H2S)||5||10||15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 200ppm|
|Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)||1||1||–|
|Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)||1||1||–|
Crowcon TXgard Plus – Hazardous Area ATEX Certified Gas Detector
Hazardous Area Classification :
Ex II 2 G Exd IIC T6 Gb
UL Class I Zone 1
Visit hazardous area gas detectors for explosion and flameproof gas monitoring and detection instruments with certification for potentially explosive atmospheres, including Zone 1 and Zone 2 (according to ATEX and IECEx) and Class/Division categories (according to North American standards).
T&D provide competitive prices and delivery for all Crowcon Gas Detectors, including the Crowcon TXgard Plus.
➡ Did you know? Crowcon fixed gas detectors protect plant; portable gas detectors protect people.