Crowcon F-Gas Gas Detector
Crowcon F-Gas fixed gas detector is suitable for the detection of refrigerant gases as well as sulphur hexafluoride (SF6). In addition the Crowcon F-gas detector can be connected to any control system that accepts analogue signal.
A high quality infrared (IR) fixed-point gas detector, the Crowcon F-Gas delivers reliable detection of freon gases (Chlorofluorocarbons). The Crowcon F-Gas gas detector is housed within an IP54 housing and suitable for use in non-hazardous areas, such as switchgear rooms or plant rooms.
Gas Detector Specifications
|Gas Detector Weight||Ingress Protection||Range||Resolution||Power||Operating Temperature||Response Time|
|0.25kg (8.8oz)||IP54||0-1000 ppm||1ppm||12-28Vdc||-20°C to +40°C||30 seconds approx.|
|Size||151 x 80 x 60mm (5.9 x 3.1 x 2.4ins) (Total size with cable gland: 151mm x 102mm x 60mm)|
|Measuring principle||Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)|
|Analogue output||4-20mA current source (can be set to 0-20mA, 0-2V, 0-5V or 0-10V)|
|Operating temperature||-20 to +40OC|
|Humidity||0-95% RH non-condensing|
|Repeatability||+/- 1% FSD|
|Linearity||+/- 2% FSD|
|Start up time||<120 seconds|
|Response time||30 seconds approximately|
Visit hazardous area gas detectors for explosion and flameproof gas monitoring and detection instruments with certification for potentially explosive atmospheres, including Zone 1 and Zone 2 (according to ATEX and IECEx) and Class/Division categories (according to North American standards).
Refrigerant Gas DETECTION
|Fluids||Refrigerant Gas Formula||Refrigerant Gas Name||Gas Detector Measuring Range|
|HCFC 22 (R22)||CHCIF2||Chlorodifluoromethane||1000ppm|
|HCFC 123 (R123)||CHCI2CF3||2,2-Dichloro-1,1,1-trifluoroethane||1000ppm|
|HFC 125 (R125)||C2HF5||Pentafluoroethane||1000ppm|
|HFC 134a (R134a)||CH2FCF||1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane||1000ppm|
|Blended fluids used in refrigeration/ air conditioning market:|
|Refrigerant Gas||Gas Components||Gas Detector Measuring Range|
|Speciality fluid used for vehicle refrigeration:|
|Fluid||Formula||Automotive Refrigerant Gas Name||Gas Detector Measuring Range|
|Gas||Name||Gas Detector Measuring Range|
Read Blog ➡ SF6 Gas Detection For HV GIS Switchgear
Crowcon F-Gas Fixed Gas Detector
- No consumable parts means the F-Gas provides many years of service with no requirement to replace to the sensor or any of its components.
- Simple to test – This simplicity means the F-Gas requires only a bi-annual gas check re-calibration is only necessary if the readings are out of range.
- Rapid gas leak detection provides an early warning that gas is leaking and therefor maintains systems efficiency and reduces expensive gas replacement costs.
- The choice of output signals means the analogue signal can be set as 4-20mA, 0-20mA, 0-2V, 0-5V or 0-10Vdc for compatibility with almost any control system.
More F-Gas Features
- Simple Operation – Tri-coloured LED’s indicate the operating status of the gas detector, and in combination with the function keys, facilitate simple adjustments such as zero and calibration. The analogue output signal can be set as 4-20mA, 0-20mA, 0-2V, 0-5V or 0-10Vdc for compatibility with virtually any control system.
- Accurate & Reliable – Provides fast, stable and dependable performance with low maintenance and long life. Unlike cheaper semi-conductor type sensors the Crowcon F-Gas detector is not affected by other types of gas or changes in temperature or humidity
- Long Life With Low Maintenance Costs – Provides many years of service with no requirement to replace the gas sensor or any other components. Requires a bi-annual gas check only. Re-calibration is only necessary if readings are out of range. Provides good protection from dust and water ingress in indoor environments.
- Safe & Compliant – Enables F-Gas suppliers and users to comply with the mandatory European F-Gas regulations. Provides an early warning that gas is leaking and thus maintains system efficiency and reduces expensive gas replacement costs. Helps to reduce the risk of leakage of powerful ‘greenhouse gases’ into the environment
Crowcon F-Gas Gas Detector
Gas Detection For Non-Hazardous Areas
Crowcon F-Gas gas detector is suitable for use in non-hazardous areas such as plant and switchgear rooms. The Crowcon F-Gas is also suitable for protecting personnel from toxic gas risks and can help reduce the risks of powerful greenhouse gas leakage.
F-Gas detector is capable of detecting the smallest quantities of toxic gas reliably and report these findings reliably to a connected control system.
The gas concentration can be transmitted as a linear analogue current or voltage output and the following signals are available as analogue values:
- (0) 4 – 20mA Linear; the desired operating mode can be set via a link
- 0 – 2V Linear; the desired operating mode can be set via a link
- 0 – 5V Linear; the desired operating mode can be set via a link
- 0 – 10V Linear; the desired operating mode can be set via a link
How The Crowcon F-Gas Detector Protects Against F-Gases
See how Crowcon F-Gas detects F-Gases in commercial and residential refrigeration, air-conditioning systems (utilising hydrofluorocarbon gases as refrigerants or fire retardants) and high voltage electricity transmission and distribution networks (utilising SF6 gas insulated switchgear).
IR INFRARED GAS DETECTION TECHNOLOGY
Crowcon’s superior infrared (IR) sensor technology provides fast, stable and dependable performance with low maintenance and long life. Unlike lower cost, lower quality semi-conductor type sensors the F-Gas detector is not affected by other types of gas or changes in temperature or humidity.
F GASes & DETECTION
Fluorinated gases (F-gases) are a family of man-made gases that remain in the atmosphere for centuries contributing to the global greenhouse effect – according to the European Commission the 3 groups of F-gases are hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and sulphur hexafluoride (SF6).
- HFC 404A and HFC 134a gases are common in refrigeration systems.
- HFC 23 and HFC 227ea gases are common in fire protection systems.
- HFC 404A and HFC 410A gases are common in air conditioning and heat pump systems.
➡ Did you know? Crowcon fixed gas detectors protect plant; portable gas detectors protect people.