Micronics U1000 Flow Meters (Clamp-on Flow Meter Fixed – Liquid Flow Monitoring)
Clamp-on Flow Meters
Micronics U1000 flow meters are part of a range of fixed clamp-on flow meters that offer a welcome alternative to cutting pipes as this flow meter enables low cost flow measurement from outside the pipe – with a volume pulse output and optional 4-20mA flow rate signal.
Micronics U1000 meter is recommended for the flow measurement of hot water, chilled water, potable water and demineralised water – U1000 is an ultrasonic permanent/fixed clamp-on flow meter for industrial applications.
The flow meter is a cost effective, compact, rugged and reliable solution making the U1000 suitable for industrial environments where high performance is required. The U1000 can be used as a stand alone meter or integrated into a aM&T or BEM’s system.
Micronics U1000 flow meters specification
- Accuracy: +/-1-3% of flow reading for >0.3m/s
- Flow Velocity Range: 0.1 to 10m/s, bidirectional
- Pipe Range: 22mm OD-115mm OD
- Water Temp Range: 0°C to 85°C
- Flow Rate Output: Optional 4-20mA
- Volume Output: Pulse or Frequency
- External Power Supply: 12V-24V +/- 10% AC/DC at 7 watts
- Electronics Enclosure: IP54
- Input/Output Cable: 5m x 6 core for power in and data out
Micronics u1000 flow meter applications
U1000 flow meter provides metered liquid flow rate and volume measurement using clamp-on ultrasonic technology:
- Hot Water Metering & Flow Measurement
- Flow Measurement For Heat Metering
- Chilled Water Metering & Flow Measurement
- Flow Measurement For Chilled Water Energy Metering
- Potable Water Metering & Flow Measurement
- Process Water Metering & Flow Measurement
- Ultrapure Water Metering & Measurement
For flow metering in hazardous area Zone 1 and Zone 2 contact T&D Sales.
MICRONICS U1000 – TIME TRANSIT FLOW METER
Micronics U1000 is a clamp-on, ultrasonic flowmeter that uses a multiple slope time transit algorithm to ensure accurate flow metering and measurement. An ultrasonic beam of pre-defined frequency is generated by delivering a repetitive voltage pulse to the transducer crystals – this transmission travels from the Downstream transducer to the Upstream transducer (red) as depicted in the Figure. The transmission is then made in the reverse direction, being sent from the Upstream transducer (blue). The speed at which the ultrasound is transmitted through the liquid is accelerated by the velocity of the liquid in the pipe – the subsequent time difference T1-T2 is directly proportional to the flow velocity of the liquid.
Two temperature sensors measure the difference in temperature between inlet and outlet of the monitored flow system – the temperature difference, in combination with the volume of water that has flown through the system, is then used to calculate the energy transferred to and from the water.
How To Install Flow Meters – Micronics U1000 Meter
- Guide rail and sensor assembly showing grease applied
- Clamp guide rail and sensor assembly to pipe and release sensor locking screws
- Connect power and sensors to electronic assembly
- Click electronic assembly onto guide rail and sensor assembly
Micronics Ultraflow U1000 U Clamp-on Heat Meter
Micronics U1000 Flow Meters
Clamp-on Flow Meter Fixed – Liquid Flow Monitoring
TRANSIT TIME FLOW METER APPLICATIONS
Transit time flow meters measure the flow of clean, non-aerated fluids in full pipes with optimum working when there is less than 2% particulate – typical measurement applications include potable water, river water, cooling water, water/glycol solutions and oils (hydraulic, diesel and fuel).
- Hot Water
- Chilled Water
- Potable Water
- Demineralised Water
- River Water
- Hydraulic Oil
- Diesel and Fuel Oils
- Petroleum Products
FLOW METER INDUSTRIES
- Food & Beverage
- Petrochemical (Contact T&D for Hazardous Area Flow Meters)
- Power Generation
- Energy Management
- Building Services
FLOW METER USES
- Hot water metering and flow measurement
- Flow measurement for heat metering
- Chilled water metering and flow measurement
- Flow measurement for chilled water energy metering
- Potable water metering and flow measurement
- Process water metering and flow measurement
- Ultrapure water measurement
T&D the Metering Specialists distribute Water, Gas, Energy & Heat Meters – this includes leading brands such as Itron Gas Meters, Elster Water Meters and KROHNE Process Flow Meters. T&D’s ranges of Water Meters include mechanical, electromagnetic, ultrasonic, clamp on and insertion type meters.
➡ Did you know? ASCO solenoid valves provide flow control of oil, gas, air, steam and water. Contact T&D Sales.