Micronics Portaflow D550 Portable Clamp-on Doppler Flow Meter
Clamp-on Flow Meters
Micronics D550 portable flow meter is a simple to use, Doppler type portable clamp-on flow meter providing accurate flow readings with a fast, simple operation. The Portaflow D550 is rugged and waterproof and comes with an on-board data logger and free analysis software.
Micronics D550 can be used to troubleshoot flow issues in full pipes or to monitor and balance liquid flow. The Portaflow D550 is ideal for evaluating performance of in-line flow meters and can be calibrated and used within minutes – recommended for replacing other flow meters or when a permanent solution is not required.
To operate the D550 Doppler flow meter, the ultrasonic sensor is clamped to the outside of a pipe and an acoustic pulse is reflected back to the sensor from particles or gases in the flowing liquid.
Micronics Portaflow D550 (Doppler)
Flow Meter Specification
- Flow Rate Range: ± 0.03 to 12.2 m/sec (± 0.1 to 40 ft/sec) in most applications
- Pipe Size: Ultrasonic sensor mounts on any pipe from 12.5 mm to 4.5 m (½” to 180” ID)
- Display: White, backlit matrix – displays flow rate, totalizer, operating mode and calibration menu
- Power Input: Built-in NiMH battery for up to 18 hours continuous operation External charger with 100-240VAC 50/60Hz input
- Outputs: 4-20mA (500 ohm) when AC powered USB for Data Log transfer by direct PC connection
- Data Logger: Programmable 300,000 data point capacity, time and date stamped or formatted reports including total, average, minimum, maximum and times of occurrence
- PC Software: ‘Logger’ for Windows retrieves, displays and saves data log files
- Electronics Operating Temperature: -23° to 60°C (-10° to 140°F )
- Electronics Enclosure: Portable, ABS enclosure
- Carry Case: Rated IP67 with protective molded foam insert
- Accuracy: 2% of full scale, requires solids or bubbles minimum size of 100 microns, minimum concentration 75 ppm. Repeatability: ±0.25%, Linearity: ±0.5%
- Calibration: Built-in 5-key programming with user-friendly calibration menu, password protected
- Language Selection: English, French, Spanish
- Sensitivity: Adjustable cut-off, Damping: adjustable
- Approvals: Charger is CE and UL approved. The PF D550 is not certified for use in hazardous rated locations
Micronics Portaflow D550 Portable Clamp-on Flow Meter
Portaflow PF D550 flow meter is specified for “dirty” liquid monitoring and contaminated fluid flows – suits pipes DN 13-4500mm with on board data logger for portable flow metering with 300,000 point Data Logger.
Micronics Portaflow PF D550 Dopper Flow Meter:
DOPPLER FLOW METER APPLICATIONS
Doppler flow meters accurately measure flow of liquids containing gas bubbles or solids larger than 100 microns and in concentrations greater than 75ppm.
- Treated Wastewater
- Aerated Water
- Sludge and Slurries
- Chemicals and Solvents
- Viscous Liquids
- Food Products
- Pulp Stock
- Acids Caustics
FLOW METER INDUSTRIES
- Food & Beverage
- Petrochemical (Contact T&D for Hazardous Area Flow Meters)
- Power Generation
- Energy Management
- Building Services
FLOW METER USES
- Hydraulic System Testing
- Fire System Testing
- Clean In Place Evaluation
- Balancing Systems
- Condensate Measurement
- Heavy Fuel Oil Metering
- Ultrapure Water Metering & Measurement
- Filter Sizing
- Leak Detection
- Boiler Testing
- Pump Verification
- Check System Meters
T&D the Metering Specialists distribute Water, Gas, Energy & Heat Meters – this includes leading brands such as Itron Gas Meters, Elster Water Meters and KROHNE Process Flow Meters. T&D’s ranges of Water Meters include mechanical, electromagnetic, ultrasonic, clamp on and insertion type meters.
➡ Did you know? ASCO solenoid valves provide flow control of oil, gas, air, steam and water. Contact T&D Sales.