Marechal DX Zone 1 & Zone 2 Hazardous Area ATEX Plugs
Marechal DX plugs and sockets are compact and watertight with current ratings from 20A to 200A and are ATEX certified for Zone 1 & Zone 2 hazardous areas.
DX plugs and sockets are automatically IP65 when connected and the socket outlet itself is also watertight when the lid is closed providing a waterproof power plug seal.
Marechal DX ATEX Plugs – Technical Features
|Specification||Marechal DX1||Marechal DX3||Marechal DX6||Marechal DX9||Marechal DX2|
|Rated Current (ln)||20A||32A||63A||125A||200A|
|Keying Positions (To distinguish between different power supplies & applications)||12||12||12||12||12|
|Ambient Temperature||-25 °C ≤Ta ≤+60 °C||-25 °C ≤Ta ≤+60 °C||-40 °C ≤Ta ≤+60 °C||-40 °C ≤Ta ≤+60 °C||-40 °C ≤Ta ≤+60 °C|
|Protection Mode||de and td A21||de and td A21||de and td A21||de and td A21||de and td A21|
|ATEX Zones||Zones 1 & 2 (Gas), Zone 21 & 22 (Dusts)|
MARECHAL DX PLUG Standards
Marechal DX plugs and sockets comply with:
- The ATEX 94/9/CE Directive (2014/35/EU from April.20.2016)
- IEC/EN 60079-0, IEC/EN 60079-1, IEC/EN 60079-7 and IEC/EN 60079-31 international standards
- The essential safety requirements of IEC 60309-1 & IEC 60309-4 international and European standards (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes)
- The French NF C 15-100 standard
- The European ‘Machine Directive’ 2006/42/CE regarding equipment isolation
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses
- The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy
Marechal DX Plug Polarity Options
A full range of power plug options are available – contact T&D for other voltages, frequencies and contact configurations.
Marechal DX Plugs & Power Distribution Systems
Marechal DX decontactors (plug and socket outlets with integral power switch) are supported by an ancillary range of wall mounting sockets, wall boxes, socket outlets, sleeves, inlets and handles.
Install & Operation Guidelines
- Panel mounting devices must be assembled on an ‘Ex e’ increased safety enclosure according to the drilling Figure F1.
Contact terminals are spring-assisted to prevent loosening due to strand settlement, vibration or thermal cycling. Respect recommended torques.
- Remove an adequate length of cable outer sheath according to the accessory used. Ensure that the cable sheathing extends through the cord grip into the handle or box as required to achieve the intended sealing and cord gripping performance.
- Strip conductor insulation to the length indicated in Table T1. (Other conductor sizes can be used with the help of amplifier lugs).
- Fully insert the conductor (and its wiring lug, if any) and tighten the terminal screws to the torque indicated in Table 1 (do not back terminal screws completely out).
Appliance couplers are delivered with a sticker in a sachet. Affix the sticker as shown on Figure F2.
Plug / Inlet Caps
Secure the cap on the inlet or on the plug with screw and washer provided.
- The socket-outlet is shielded by a protective lid held in the closed position by a latch. Depress the latch to release the lid.
- Only devices with compatible contact configurations and electrical ratings will mate with each other.
- Align the bayonets with the hollow parts of the complementary device. Insert the device until latched. The device is in the rest position, circuit open.
- To close the circuit, push the device fully into the complementary device and turn it clockwise.
- To open the circuit, depress the latch and turn the device anticlockwise. Depress the latch to withdraw the device.
- The lid must be shut see Figure F3.
Optional Socket-Outlet Locking / Plug Lockout
The connected plug or the closed lid can be locked by means of a padlocking shaft attached to the socket-outlet.
IEC 60309 Plugs
IEC 60309 is an international standard from the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for “plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for industrial purposes” and high-current power connectors.
Also certified by VERITAS LCIE, UL, AS, VDE, TR CU (GOST) and cCSAus (French, American, Australian, German, Russian and Canadian inspection laboratories) and by BUREAU VERITAS MARINE.