Marechal DN Plugs & Sockets | 20A-90A Decontactors
plugs & sockets 20A – 90A
Marechal DN plugs and sockets are part of the Industrial Plugs range and are suitable for use in heavy duty environments with current ratings from 20A to 90A. DN plugs and sockets are rated IP55 meaning they are protected from limited dust ingress and low pressure water jets from any direction (IP66/IP67 on request).
The metal casings and accessories are anti-corrosion treated and can be used within heavy industry offering safety and reliability.
DN plugs and sockets have a metal-bodied plug and socket-outlet with integral switching device AC-22, silver-nickel butt contacts with metallic braid that are compliant with international standards.
AC-22 Switching of mixed resistive and inductive loads, including moderate overloads.
Marechal DN Plugs & Sockets
|Specification||Marechal DN8||Marechal DN1||Marechal DN3||Marechal DN6|
|Rated Current (ln)||20 A||30 A||50 A||90 A|
|Umax||500 V||500 V||500 V||500 V|
|AC-22 Switching Capacity||20 A / 400 V||30 A / 400 V||50 A / 400 V||90 A / 400 V|
|Auxiliary Contacts (Optional)||–||–||–||4|
|Keying Positions (To distinguish between different power supplies & applications)||16|
|Ambient Temperature||-40 °C to +60 °C|
Marechal DN plugs and sockets comply with:
- The essential requirements of IEC/EN 60309-1 & IEC/EN 60309-4 European and International standards (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes)
- The European Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU, conformity with the CE marking
- The European ‘Machine Directive’ 2006/42/CE regarding equipment isolation
- The French NF C 15-100 standard
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses
- The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy
- The load-break capability for AC-22 category described in IEC/EN 60947-3
- Also certified by TR CU (GOST) (Russian inspection laboratory)
InStallation & Operation Guidelines
To avoid the dispersion of strands, flexible conductors must be fitted with a crimped lug before introduction in their terminal (see Figure F0).
Install the Marechal socket-outlet facing downwards, with the latch at the top (or on the side in case of risk of accumulation of foreign bodies inside the cover).
The release of the DN latch is performed by a tension cord. One end of this cord must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation. The other end is attached to the latch release mechanism which comes in two different types:
- Ejecting connector: The retaining latch is directly activated by the tension cord in case of traction (Figure E1).
- Ejecting plug: A shark-fin mechanism (Figure E2) is placed between the plug top and its handle. It releases the retaining latch of the socket-outlet in case of traction on the tension cord. For some Marechal plugs, the shark-fin mechanism is replaced by a cam mechanism (Figure E2A).
Some handles are equipped with a plastic eyelet which allows an optimal pulling angle of the tension cord on the latch release mechanism (See Figure E3).
The end of the tension cord that must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation is equipped with a loop. A crimping ferrule is supplied to loop the other end of the cord, once it has been passed through the handle eyelet, the latch release mechanism, and cut to the adequate length. See Figure E3. A cable tie is supplied, to attach the loop of the tension cord onto the flexible cable.
- The Marechal DN socket-outlet is shielded by a protective lid held in the closed position by a latch. Depress the latch to release the lid.
- Only devices with compatible contact configurations and electrical ratings will mate with each other.
- Align the bayonets of the device with the hollow parts of the complimentary device and insert the device and turn it anticlockwise until the stop. The device is in the rest position, circuit open.
- If any, use the finger draw plates or the draw-and-lock levers to push the device fully home until latched.
- To break the circuit, undo the draw mechanism if any, and depress the latch. The DN plug is ejected to its rest position.
- Turn the device in the opposite direction to remove it. Shut the lid.
IEC 60309 Plugs
IEC 60309 is an international standard from the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for “plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for industrial purposes” and high-current power connectors.
Also certified by VERITAS LCIE, UL, AS, VDE, TR CU (GOST) and cCSAus (French, American, Australian, German, Russian and Canadian inspection laboratories) and by BUREAU VERITAS MARINE.