The Temporary Hazardous Area Floodlight – Wolf LinkEx WF-300 XL LED Floodlite
Published 14 Nov 2017
Wolf LinkEx WF-300 XL
Temporary Floodlighting for Hazardous Area Zones
The new Wolf LinkEx WF-300XL LED Floodlite is designed specifically for the lighting requirements and conditions confronted by operators in hazardous areas and explosive atmospheres.
Thorne & Derrick International, the Specialist Distributors of both portable and fixed types of lighting for hazardous area zones, can provide competitive pricing and delivery to UK and international destinations for the Wolf Safety Lamp ranges.
The portable hazardous area floodlight is certified for safe use in Zone 1, T4, IIc, -40°C to +55°C ambient, hazardous gas, vapour, mist or dust environments – the Wolf WF-300XL delivers up to 6,378lm of bright, white light from highly reliable LEDs which have been designed to give 100,000+ hours life.
The floodlight LEDs’ life being assured by efficient heat dissipation and electronic thermal control.
Alex Jackson, Wolf’s Managing Director, commented “Safety is, as always, of the utmost importance and we are particularly pleased with the new Floodlite’s safety features. Wolf’s unique SOVI system lets the operator know if the light is running outside the certified and optimal voltage ranges and the Floodlite is additionally certified safe down to 0 volts. Also, the independent LED panel and driver system provide failsafe reliability – ensuring operators are never left in the dark. These safety features, combined with the class leading light output and many other innovative features, make this a very special product and one that everybody at Wolf is rightly proud of.”
The LinkEx WF-300 is manufactured in Wolf’s manufacturing facility in Sheffield and is specifically designed for areas where there’s an increased threat of mechanical damage as the hazardous area floodlight doesn’t harbour dirt and is easy to clean.
Designed for environments with a high risk of mechanical damage, the Wolf LinkEx WF-300 hazardous area floodlight is manufactured in Sheffield from proven materials, doesn’t harbour dirt and is easy to clean. The inventive design of the WF300 allows for simple maintenance, quick and easy disassembly and the majority of parts can to be changed should it become required – including drivers and LEDs.
Available in both low and high voltage options, the Wolf LED Floodlite is supplied with two ATEX approved accessories – a lens guard and protection bag – with other accessories also being available. The high voltage floodlight version can be fitted with a Wolf LinkEx™ socket to enable up to 20 lights to be linked together in a daisy chain with all floodlights safely powered from a single power source in a hazardous area.
Wolf WF-300XL is designed to complement the existing range of Wolf LinkEX LED Temporary Luminaires, transformers, splitter boxes and extensions to provide a complete hazardous area temporary lighting system – ideal for shutdowns and turnarounds.
Hazardous Area Certification
II 2 G D Ex eb mb op is IIC T4 Gb
Ex tb op is IIIC T118°C Db
T = -40°C to +55°C or -40°C to +40°C when the optional, protection bag is fitted
Type Of Hazardous Area Protection
‘eb’ increased safety ‘mb’ encapsulation ‘tb’ enclosure protection
Hazardous Area Zone Classification (Gas)
Zones 1 and 2, Gas Groups IIA, IIB and IIC
Hazardous Area Zone Classification (Dust)
Zones 21 and 22, Dust Groups IIIA, IIIB and IIIC
Wolf LinkEx WF-300 XL LED Floodlite
Features & Benefits
- Fully compliant floodlight with latest hazardous area ATEX and IECEx standards, including OPIS optical intrinsic safety
- High reliability bright LEDs – designed and tested to give 100,000+ hours life
- Thermal management – LED life assured by efficient heat dissipation through built in fins and electronic control
- Dual independent LED system – LEDs powered by independent drivers giving failsafe product reliability, ensuring that operators are never left in the dark
- SOVI – the unique Safe Optimal Voltage Indicator system alerts the user if lights are running outside certified and optimal voltage ranges, maximising safety and performance
- Safe to 0 volts – both LV and HV units are safe down to 0 volts
- Wolf LINKEx capable – HV units can be fitted with linkable sockets enabling multiple lights to be connected in series from a single power source
- IP66/67 dust and watertight hazardous area floodlights
- Proven materials – marine grade aluminium enclosure; toughened, scratch, impact and chemical resistant glass lens and 316 stainless steel frame. Designed for environments with a high risk of mechanical damage and with a simple design that is easy to clean and doesn’t harbour dirt
- Complementary product to existing range of LinkEx™ LED Temporary Luminaire area lighting system
- ATEX accessories – Every unit is supplied with two ATEX certified accessories; a lens guard and protection cover. Other accessories are also available.
Wolf LinkEx Hazardous Area Floodlights – Selection Table
|Wolf LinkEx WF-300XLL/SY10/ATX24||24V – 10 SY Cable – ATX Plug – Non-Linkable||Hazardous Area Gas Zone: 1 and 2 & Dust Zone: 21 and 22|
|Wolf LinkEx WF-300XLH/SY10/ATX110||110V – 10 SY Cable – ATX Plug and Socket||Hazardous Area Gas Zone: 1 and 2 & Dust Zone: 21 and 22|
|Wolf LinkEx WF-300XLH/SY10/ATX110/LINK||110V – 10 SY Cable – ATX Plug and Socket – Linkable||Hazardous Area Gas Zone: 1 and 2 & Dust Zone: 21 and 22|
|Wolf LinkEx WF-300XLH/SY10/ATX230||230V – 10 SY Cable – ATX Plug and Socket||Hazardous Area Gas Zone: 1 and 2 & Dust Zone: 21 and 22|
|Wolf LinkEx WF-300XLH/SY10/ATX230/LINK||230V – 10 SY Cable – ATX Plug and Socket – Linkable||Hazardous Area Gas Zone: 1 and 2 & Dust Zone: 21 and 22|
Portable Lighting for hazardous areas
Wolf Safety Lamp lighting ranges include an extensive range of ATEX and IECEx certified portable lighting for safe use in potentially explosive atmospheres, including hazardous area Zone 1 & Zone 2: explosion proof Wolf handheld torches, headtorches, handlamps with bulb or LED versions.
- Handlamps Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Torches Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Headtorches Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Luminaires & Floodlites Wolf LinkEx | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Handheld Leadlamps Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Airlamps Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Floodlights & Worklights Wolf | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
- Tank Lighting Wolf LinkEx | Hazardous Area Zone 1 Zone 2 ATEX
Thorne & Derrick are hazardous area lighting specialists stocking a complete range of portable and permanent fixed lighting including both fluorescent and LED technology in standard linear light fittings, wellglass, high bay and floodlight design certified by ATEX for both Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
ELECTRICAL & PROCESS INSTRUMENTATION EQUIPMENT
FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
Thorne & Derrick are Specialist Distributors of Hazardous Area & Explosion Proof Equipment with IECEx & ATEX Certifications to the onshore and offshore oil, gas, petrochemicals and process industries.
Key Product Categories: Control Panels | Plugs & Sockets | Isolators | Enclosures & Junction Boxes | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace Cables & Systems | Gas Detection & Detectors | Fire Detection & Detectors | Heat Detectors | Electrical Heating & Heaters
Also Process Instrumentation Products: Ashcroft Pressure Gauges | ASCO Valves | Katronic Flow Meters | KROHNE Flow Meters | VEGA Level Sensors | Rotronic Temperature & Humidity Sensors | SIKA Pressure Gauges
- Wolf – Hazardous Area Portable & Temporary Lighting – Brochure Size: 3.20 MB
- Wolf LinkEx WF-300 XL LED Floodlite Hazardous Area – Floodlight Specification Size: 157.68 KB
- Wolf LinkEx WF-300 XL LED Floodlite Hazardous Area – Floodlight Instructions Size: 4.28 MB