Chromalox SLL45-CT | 16 AWG Trace Heating Long Line Cable
Trace Heating Cables
Chromalox SLL45-CT Series Long Line trace heating cables provide process temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework, instrument lines, tanks and drums – with CSA approvals to ensure integrity in most hostile industrial environments.
- Manufacturer: Chromalox
- Heating Cable Range: SLL
- Heating Cable Code: SLL45-CT
- Cable Type: Series Long Line Cable
- Conductor Size: 16 AWG
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 232° Celsius
- See Also: Trace Heating
- Twin 16, 14, 12, 10 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability
- High Temperature Fluropolymer Core Matrix is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matrix
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matrix
- Metallic Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
Cable Ordering Information
Constructed of industrial grade 16 AWG buss wire with metal braid and fluropolymer overjacketing, SLL45-CT ensures operating integrity in most hostile industrial environments. The 450°F (232°C) maximum exposure temperature rating allows steam cleaning of process equipment with up to 300 psig steam.
A ground fault protection device is required by NEC to minimize the danger of fire if the heating cable is damaged or improperly installed. A minimum trip level of 30mA is recommended to minimise nuisance tripping.
➡ See also : Electrical Heating for Hazardous Areas
|Model||Conductor Size||Ω/ft @ 68°F (20°C)||Ω/m @ 68°F (20°C)||Maximum Circuit Breaker Size||Wt./1000′||Chromalox Order Code|
|SLL45-CT||16 AWG||0.00948||0.0310||30||100 lbs||384948|
Nominal Output Ratings on Metal Pipe
All power outputs below at 68˚F (20˚C)