Chromalox SLL Series Long Line Trace Heating Cable – Frost Protection Of Pipes, Valves & Tanks
Chromalox SLL, or Series Long Line, trace heating cables provide process temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework, instrument lines, tanks and drums – with CSA approvals to ensure integrity in most hostile industrial environments.
Constructed of industrial grade 16, 14, 12 or 10 AWG buss wire with metal braid and fluropolymer overjacketing, SLL ensures operating integrity in most hostile industrial environments. The 450°F (232°C) maximum exposure temperature rating allows steam cleaning of process equipment with up to 300 psig steam.
A ground fault protection device is required by NEC to minimize the danger of fire if the heating cable is damaged or improperly installed. A minimum trip level of 30mA is recommended to minimise nuisance tripping.
Trace Heating Cable – Features
- SLL exceeds limitations of parallel resistance cables
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- With lower installed cost than steam tracing, SLL offers less maintenance expense and downtime
- Chromalox termination, splice and end seal kits reduce installation time
TRACE HEATING CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SLL heat trace cables are available up to 12 watts per foot.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Available Voltages : 120 to 600V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 7,500 feet
- Available With : 16, 14, 12, 10 AWG Buss Wire
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 232° Celsius
|Model Number||PCN||Conductor Size||Ω/ft @ 68°F|
|Ω/m @ 68°F|
TRACE HEATING CABLE
- Twin 16, 14, 12, 10 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- High Temperature Fluropolymer Core Matrix is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matrix.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matrix
- Metallic Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.