PRE416RN ATX Appleton Wall Socket | ATEX IECEx Zone 1 / 21 & Zone 2 / 22
ATX Appleton Wall Sockets
Product Type | Hazardous Area Wall Socket
The PRE range of 16Amp plugs and sockets, manufactured by Appleton ATX, use a pin and sleeve design to deliver safe power to both stationary and portable equipment in hazardous areas and those potentially explosive atmospheres classed as Zone 1 and 2 (Gas) and Zone 21 and 22 (Dust) according to ATEX & IECEx standards.
These wall sockets are suitable for use in damp, wet or corrosive environments and are keyed and colour coded per IEC directives. The range includes flush-mount, wall-mount and mobile versions.
Features & specification
PRE416RN is a low voltage (LV), 16 Amp, wall mounted socket, forming part of the Appleton ATX PRE series, with a power output of 480/500 Vac 50/60 Hz.
The socket features three M20 threaded entries (one on the top and two on the bottom) and is supplied with one M20 cable gland – Ø 6.5 to Ø 14.5 mm (Ø 0.26 to Ø 0.57”) and two M20 blanking plugs.
- Socket Weight: 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- Socket Volume: 4.7 dm³ (286.81 in³)
- Colour Coding: Black
- Pin Configuration: 3P+E
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Impact Protection Rating: IK09/10
- Terminal Capacity: 2 x 4 mm² (0.003 x 0.006 in² ). Can be through-wired.
- Fitted with three linked earth terminals
- ATEX Certified – Yes
- IECEx Certified – Yes
- Note – copy of hazardous area certificates and approvals are available on request
ATEX/IECEx Certifications and Compliances
Certification Type PCX (Plug, socket and mobile socket)
— Gas: Zones 1 and 2
– Conforming to ATEX 94/9/CE: II 2 G
– Type of Protection: Ex de IIC
– Temperature Class: T6 for Ta ≤ +40 °C (-40 °F) and T5 for +55 °C (+131 °F)
— Dust: Zones 21 and 22
– Conforming to ATEX 94/9/CE: II 2 D
– Type of Protection: Ex tD A21
– Surface Temperature: T68 °C (T154 °F)
— Impact Resistance (shock): IK10 (Polyester) and IK09 (Polyamide)
— CE Declaration of Conformity: 50228
— ATEX Certificate: LCIE 02 ATEX 6068
— IECEx Certificate: IECEx LCI 04.0014
Thorne & Derrick, Experts in Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres, distribute market leading brands of plugs and socket assemblies for hazardous area and explosion proof power, signal and control applications. See Marechal | CEAG | Amphenol | ABB