Silicone Heaters | Custom Heating Products for Flanges, Valves & Pipes
Heatfast closed cell insulation foam type silicone heaters provide high efficiency barrier to help reduce heat loss from applications such as liquid or gas pipelines, frost protection, temperature critical pipe line assemblies and to reduce heat loss on valves, pumps and flanges.
Silicone rubber products have an excellent resistance to oxidation, ozone, UV light, corona discharge, cosmic radiation and general weathering. The flame retardant pads are available in 3 mm, 5 mm, 8 mm and 12 mm thicknesses and 3 different colours (red, grey or white).
- High dust ingress protection
- Low water absorption
- Temperature range -60°C to 230°C
- Flame retardant silicone
- Easy installation
- Supplied separate or bonded to the heater
- Option – 5 mm double sided adhesive
- Bespoke shapes and sizes
- See also Drum Heaters | IBC Heaters
Flame retardant, cellular silicone foam construction.
Closed Cell Foam
- Temperature range: -60°C to 230°C
- Thermal conductivity: 6.4 x 10¯²W.m¯¹.K¯¹
- Brittle point: -80°C
- Limiting Oxygen Index: 24.0%
- Radiation Resistance: >10⁵ Grays (10⁷ Rads) typical
|Technical Data||Units||Spec Limits||Typical Value|
|Elongation to Failure||%||15 max||208|
*Testing has shown that using insulation alongside silicone heaters, offers an of 63% average energy saving.