Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Tunnels (Road & Rail)
Published 12 Jan 2017
fire resistant PLUGS FOR Power Supply To Emergency Lighting, Jet Fans & Security Recess
- By Chris Dodds : estimated reading time 4 minutes
Marechal offers a full range of fire resistant plugs, sockets and boxes suitable for use within confined spaces and working environments such as road and rail tunnels.
As these environments can be extremely corrosive due to heavy pollution, cleaning, road debris, smoke and heat generated in the event of a fire, it is critical that installed electrical equipment is compliant with European standards with respect to fire resistance and flame retardancy.
Fire resistant plugs, sockets & electrical boxes
- Standard lighting
- Emergency lighting
- Jet fans
- Security recess for fire brigades
fire performance plug-sockets
& electrical boxes
Reliability and conformity of installations
Supply circuits for emergency lighting installed in tunnels must meet the following requirements:
- EN 50362 European Standard, French government Directive No. 2000-63 of 25 August 2000 on safety in tunnels and national road network, NF C 32-070 French standard, Guides CETU defining the fire behaviour of road tunnels. Method of test for resistance to fire of larger unprotected power and control cables for use in emergency circuits
To meet these requirements, Marechal plugs and sockets and boxes have been tested and certified by C.S.T.B France (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment), and IMQ laboratory in Italy.
Suited materials for the users’ safety
Marechal’s plugs and sockets and boxes are corrosion resistant and shockproof (IK09) ensuring maximum electrical safety is achieved. In the event of a fire, Marechal’s plugs and sockets do not produce any halogen gases or smoke and meet all the requirements of aggressive environments (humidity, corrosion, pollution) both in industrial sectors, hazardous areas and road infrastructures.
Optimised maintenance and washing
All electrical boxes and connectors are watertight and withstand the use of high-pressure washing during tunnel maintenance.
Ease of intervention for emergency services
The boxes have specially been developed in collaboration with emergency services specialising in tunnel rescue.
ATEX Certification For Hazardous Areas
Marechal also manufacture plugs and sockets for explosive atmospheres in accordance with ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and used in Zones 1 and 2 (gas) and Zone 21 and Zone 22 (dust) including the DXN ATEX plug and sockets.
A6B Paris, France
- Power supply to luminaires and electrical continuity of the main cable (CR1-C1 cable).
Subway Paris – Extension Line 12, France
- Power supply to luminaires.
A89 EST BALBIGNY -TOUR DE SALVIGNY, France
- Connection of standard and emergency lighting.
BRESSANONNE and FORLI, Italy
- Connection of standard and emergency lighting.
- Power supply to jet fans.
- Emergency lighting systems and fans to Tunnel Dos Valires, Andorra.
CALLE M30, Spain
- Power supply to emergency lighting to M30 – A3 Tunnel
HINDHEAD TUNNEL, United Kingdom
- Power supply to emergency lighting systems and jet fan connectors.
Electrical connectors & boxes
- Express Boxes for Standard Lighting
- Fire Resistant Express Boxes for Emergency Lighting – up to 920°C
- Marechal F400 Wall Mounting Socket-Outlet for Jet Fans
- Marechal PNC Connectors for Lighting Devices
Thorne & Derrick Service The Rail Industry
How T&D Can Help….
- Marechal – The Decontactor: Maximum Efficiency, Safety & Reliability For Your Power Supply
- Fire Resistant Enclosures & Fire Resistant Junction Boxes
Fire resistant isolators
T&D distribute hazardous area isolators and fire resistant isolators rated from 20A-630A with F400 Fire Rated classification designed specifically for installations where the electrical power supply must be maintained for 2 hours at 400°C.
Invitation – network, engage, promote
Thorne & Derrick are inviting you to join LinkedIn’s fastest growing Discussion Group – Process & Hazardous Area Industries : Heat Tracing, Gas Detection, Fluid Control & Flow Measurement. News, projects, videos, promotions, whitepapers, jobs, webinars, press plus much more.
Thorne & Derrick International are your single-source supplier of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment. T&D provide an outstanding service to UK and international customers – we are highly customer responsive and absolutely committed to providing a world-class service.
T&D supply utilities, power, renewable energy, construction, rail, manufacturing, food/beverage, mining, oil, gas and petrochemical industries – distributing 100,000+ products from 100+ manufacturers from multi-million pound stocks. Since 1985 we have established a solid reputation based on service, integrity and trust.
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Tunnels (Road & Rail) Size: 1.32 MB