Marechal Plugs & Sockets (ATEX) For Hazardous Area Industries (Chemicals & Refineries)
Published 12 Jan 2017
Hazardous Area ATEX Plugs & Socket-Outlets for Refineries, Chemical And Pharmaceutical Industries
- By Chris Dodds : estimated reading time 4 minutes
Marechal plugs and sockets are compact and have an automatic watertight sealing for electrical installations – up to IP66/67 and compact panel or wall mounted designs are available for low voltage power distribution in hazardous areas.
Hazardous area Applications
- Electrical power connectors for buildings certified within ATEX zones
- Mounting of electrical connectors on conveyors, sorting machines, ventilation systems and mobile equipment (exhausters)
- ATEX power outlets for mobile pumps, mixers and heating systems in hazardous areas
ELECTRICAL SafeTY With Marechal & Technor
Watch our Marechal video providing an overview of EX products certified for hazardous areas including plug-socket outlets, lighting, control stations (Zone 2), junction boxes, flameproof electrical enclosures and electrical socket boxes
Marechal ATEX Certified Plugs & sockets
Marechal’s plugs and sockets as well as socket-outlet boxes and junction boxes are certified in compliance the ATEX 2014/34/EU Directive and are also IECEx certified for use in Zone 1 and Zone 2 (Gases) & Zone 21 and Zone 22 (Dusts).
Proven Safety In Harsh Operating Conditions
Marechal’s ATEX plugs and sockets have a compact housing and are designed with personal safety in mind with quick release which automatically isolates the power to eliminate the risk of arcing.
Quality & Reliability
Designed to be long lasting and reliable, Marechal’s ATEX plugs and sockets have spring-loaded butt contacts to maintain a reliable electrical connection and the contacts are tipped with silver-nickel to provide resistance against corrosion.
Water & Dust Tight Sealing
Marechal plugs and sockets are automatically watertight (IP66/IP67) when the plug is inserted into socket allowing the plug and socket to be resistance against steam-cleaning, water jets and chemicals and eliminating the need to turn a sealing ring.
Optional Auxillary Contacts
Most Marechal plugs and sockets have optional auxiliary contacts allowing for the connection of thermistor, control or signal with ease.
Optional Mechanical Locking
Marechal ATEX plugs and sockets also offer an optional locking systems to prevent accidental power supply to a machine during maintenance
SANOFI AVENTIS, France
- Providing hazardous area electrical supply to buildings classified under ATEX
- Connecting emergency generating sets by power outlets in case of loss of mains supply
Marechal providing Sanofi Aventis with DXN ATEX hazardous area plugs and sockets to provide electrical supply to their backup power network in the case of blackouts or power outages.
- Power connection on process for distillery using acidifiers, sweeteners and polyester resin.
- Power supply to mobile motors, mixers for industrial painting with ATEX certification
NESL (NON-ENTRY SYSTEMS LIMITED), United Kingdom
- Power supply to cleaning systems and pumps in ATEX Zone 1 & 2 (hazardous areas).
TESA SE, Germany
- Power supply to self-loading machines.
MONSANTO, United States
- Power supply to hazardous area motors installed on conveyors, forklifts and sorting machines
- Connection of portable power tools where ATEX certified plugs or outlets are required
Hazardous area Ex plugs & socket-outlets
and electrical boxes
- DXN ATEX Plugs And Sockets 20 A / 32 A / 63 A
- DX ATEX Plugs And Sockets 20 A / 32 A / 63 A / 125 A / 200 A
Thorne & Derrick Service The Petrochemical Industry
How T&D Can Help….
Invitation – network, engage, promote
Thorne & Derrick are inviting you to join LinkedIn’s fastest growing Discussion Group – Process & Hazardous Area Industries : Heat Tracing, Gas Detection, Fluid Control & Flow Measurement. News, projects, videos, promotions, whitepapers, jobs, webinars, press plus much more.
Thorne & Derrick International are your single-source supplier of Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment. T&D provide an outstanding service to UK and international customers – we are highly customer responsive and absolutely committed to providing a world-class service.
T&D supply utilities, power, renewable energy, construction, rail, manufacturing, food/beverage, mining, oil, gas and petrochemical industries – distributing 100,000+ products from 100+ manufacturers from multi-million pound stocks. Since 1985 we have established a solid reputation based on service, integrity and trust.
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Hazardous Area Industries (Chemicals & Refineries) – References Size: 336.20 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Hazardous Area Industries (Chemicals & Refineries) – Hazardous Area Brochure Size: 6.00 MB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Hazardous Area Industries (Chemicals & Refineries) – Decontactor Size: 470.23 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Hazardous Area Industries (Chemicals & Refineries) – Mechanical Lock-Off Size: 308.59 KB