Marechal DS Plugs & Sockets 30A-400A Decontactors
plugs & sockets 30A – 400A
Marechal DS range of industrial plugs and sockets have current ratings from 30A to 400A with both available in a chemical resistant GRP UL 94 casing up to 150A and also a metal version from 90A rating.
DS plugs and sockets have an incorporated breaking capacity of AC-22 / AC-23 and have an impact resistant GRP casing. The DS range also features a safety shutter (socket IP4X/IPXXD), silver-nickel butt contacts and metallic braid to comply with international standards.
➡ Plugs and sockets with integral load-break switching capability complying with IEC/EN 60309-1 and IEC/EN 60309-4 standards
- AC-22 Switching of mixed resistive and inductive loads, including moderate overloads
- AC-23 Switching of motor loads or other highly inductive loads
Marechal DS Plugs & Sockets
|Marechal Part Number||Marechal DS1||Marechal DS3||Marechal DS6||Marechal DS9||Marechal DS2||Marechal DS4||Marechal DS HT|
|Rated Current (ln)||30 A||50 A||90 A||150 A||250 A||400A||125A|
|Umax||690 V||1000 V||1000 V||1000 V||1000 V||1000 V||690 V|
|Power kW AC-22/AC-23
||15 kW||30 kW||45 kW||80 kW||100kW¹||–||–|
|AC-22 Switching Capacity||16 A / 690 V||32 A / 690 V||63 A / 690 V||150 A / 400 V||250 A / 400 V||–||–|
|AC-23 Switching Capacity||30 A / 400 V||50 A / 400 V||90 A / 400 V||100 A / 440 V||160 A / 440 V||–||–|
|Auxiliary Contacts (Optional)||2||4||4||6||6||–||2|
|Ambient Temperature||-40 °C to +60 °C for all DS||up to 400°C²|
|Short-Circuit Current lcc||10 kA for all DS||–|
(¹) 200 A 440 V
(²) 400°C for 2 hours/240°C permanently
Marechal DS plugs and sockets comply with:
- IEC EN 60309-1 & IEC EN 60309-4 European and International standards (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes),
- The European Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/CE (2014/35/EU from April 20 2016),
- The European ‘Machine Directive’ 2006/42/CE regarding equipment isolation,
- The French NF C 15-100 standard,
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses,
- The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy,
- The switch utilisation categories AC-22A and AC-23A described in IEC EN 60947-3.
- The UL 1682 (USA) and CSA C22.2 N° 182.1-07 (Canada) standards for plugs and socket outlets
- DS HT complies with Machine Directive EN 60204-1 (Art 5.3 & 5.4 proximity emergency stop)
Plugs & Sockets With Integrated Power Switch
Safe & Reliable Electrical Isolation – The decontactor is a socket-outlet with integral switching. It does not need to be interlocked with a switch. When installing the socket-outlet, ensure the switch button is positioned upwards.
InStallation & Operation Guidelines
To avoid the dispersion of strands, flexible conductors must be fitted with a crimped lug before introduction in their terminal (see Figure F0).
Install the Marechal socket-outlet facing downwards, with the latch at the top (or on the side in case of risk of accumulation of foreign bodies inside the cover).
The release of the DS latch is performed by a tension cord. One end of this cord must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation. The other end is attached to the latch release mechanism which comes in two different types:
- Ejecting connector: The retaining latch is directly activated by the tension cord in case of traction (Figure E1).
- Ejecting plug: A shark-fin mechanism (Figure E2) is placed between the plug top and its handle. It releases the retaining latch of the socket-outlet in case of traction on the tension cord. For some Marechal plugs, the shark-fin mechanism is replaced by a cam mechanism (Figure E2A).
Some handles are equipped with a plastic eyelet which allows an optimal pulling angle of the tension cord on the latch release mechanism (See Figure E3).
The end of the tension cord that must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation is equipped with a loop. A crimping ferrule is supplied to loop the other end of the cord, once it has been passed through the handle eyelet, the latch release mechanism, and cut to the adequate length. See Figure E3. A cable tie is supplied, to attach the loop of the tension cord onto the flexible cable.
- The Marechal DS socket-outlet is shielded by a protective lid held in the closed position by a latch. Depress the latch to release the lid.
- Only devices with compatible contact configurations and electrical ratings will mate with each other.
- Align red marks on the housings and insert the device and turn it clockwise until the stop. The device is in the rest position, circuit open.
- If any, use the finger draw plates or the draw-and-lock levers to push the device fully home until latched.
- To break the circuit, undo the draw mechanism if any, and depress the latch. The DS plug is ejected to its rest position.
- Turn the device in the opposite direction to remove it. Shut the lid.
Marechal DS Plugs & Power Distribution Systems
Marechal DS decontactors (plug and socket outlets with integral power switch) are supported by an ancillary range of wall mounting sockets, wall boxes, socket outlets, sleeves, inlets and handles.
IEC 60309 PLUGS
IEC 60309 is an international standard from the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for “plugs, socket-outlets and couplers for industrial purposes” and high-current power connectors.
Also certified by VERITAS LCIE, UL, AS, VDE, TR CU (GOST) and cCSAus (French, American, Australian, German, Russian and Canadian inspection laboratories) and by BUREAU VERITAS MARINE.