Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Non-Hazardous Area Heavy Industries
Published 12 Jan 2017
plug-socket assemblies Connecting Conveyor Motors, Welding Appliances & Machines
- By Chris Dodds : estimated reading time 4 minutes
Marechal plugs and sockets enhance the electrical performance of industrial plants and minimise the risk of electrical shock ensuring operator safety and reducing plant downtime in safe or “non-hazardous” area locations.
- IP protection and differently keyed circuits (protection, motive power)
- Electrical power for welding appliances
- Connecting conveyor motors and machines
- Power supply via high current plugs
- High-temperature electrical connections.
powerful ELECTRICAL Solutions
Robust & Impact Resistant
Marechal plugs and sockets are available in a broad range with plugs and sockets constructed from glass-reinforced GRP-type polyester or metal casings with excellent mechanical strength and long life expectancy.
Marechal’s plugs and sockets have flexible assembly options such as 230/400V – 3P+N+E dual-voltage sockets which are meant to indifferently receive both four-phase and three-phase 400V plugs, and single-phase 230V plugs. This compatibility constitutes a real saving for the user when installing these sockets.
Keying is associated with keying positions on the electrical plugs and sockets – this differentiates each plug and socket through machining one of the notches, 24 different types of electrical current, which is determined by the voltage/frequency pair. The frequency/voltage pair assigned to the appliance is easily identified.
Safe & Efficient
A button placed on the top of the socket allows the user to safely disconnect the equipment on full load, up to 250 A, with a single button press guaranteeing a quick and easy operation and saves time during installation operations or machine shutdown.
ATEX Certification For Hazardous Areas
Marechal also manufacture plugs and sockets for explosive atmospheres in accordance with ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU and used in Zones 1 and 2 (gas) and Zone 21 and Zone 22 (dust) including the DXN ATEX plug and sockets.
PSA Peugeot Citrogen, France
- Power supply to welding robots within the automotive industry.
Arcelor Mittal, France
- Network plugs and socket-outlets on steelworks boxes
- Supply power to locotractors and lifting cylinders in Locos workshops
- Power connections on railway cars
Tata Steel, Netherlands
- Power supply to ovens and electromagnets.
- Electrical connection of manufacturing equipment.
Thyssen Krupp Steel Europe AG, Germany
- Providing electric power to metal bar magnets on mobile cranes
- Supplying electric power to cold rolling mill and motors on conveyors
Industrial plugs & socket-outlets
safe watertight connectors up to IP66/IP67
- DSN plugs and sockets – Compact & Watertight Decontactor 20 A / 32 A / 63 A
- DS plugs and sockets for industry from 30 A to 250 A
- MULTICONTACTS connectors from 5 to 37 contacts – 16 A to 25 A
- High Temperature Connectors Motor or Multicontact Connectors.
- Marechal EVO | The First Plug, Switch & Disconnector Combined to Provide 3-in-1 Power Connections
- Self Eject! Stay Safe From Shock With Marechal Electric Plugs
- Marechal – The Decontactor. Maximum Efficiency, Safety & Reliability For Your Power Supply
EXPERTS IN EQUIPMENT FOR EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
leaders in ATEX Innovation To The Hazardous Area Industries
Thorne & Derrick are leaders in the development and distribution of Product Innovations that deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries.
Your proactive problem solvers experienced in succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment in hazardous areas.
Your first-choice provider of innovative and competitive solutions to ensure ATEX & IECEx Compliance for Hazardous Area Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation Equipment to UK and international projects.
Control Panels | Plugs | Isolators | Enclosures & Junction Boxes | Lighting | Control Stations | Motor Starters | Heat Trace | Gas Detection | Flame Detection | Process Instrumentation | Process Heating | Ventilation Fans | Security Access Control
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Non-Hazardous Heavy Industry – References Size: 307.66 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Non-Hazardous Heavy Industry – Decontactor Size: 470.23 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Non-Hazardous Heavy Industry – Mechanical Lock-Off Size: 308.59 KB
- Marechal Plugs & Sockets For Non-Hazardous Heavy Industry – Motor Connections Size: 4.06 MB