Chromalox HWM Hot Water Maintenance Trace Heating Cable
Chromalox HWM Heat Trace Cables – Trace Heating
Chromalox HWM hot water maintenance trace heating cables is a hot water temperature maintenance system that uses self-regulating heat trace technology and provides commercial buildings with immediate hot water.
Chromalox HWM Hot Water Maintenance Trace Heating Cable – Features
- Energy efficient HWM self regulating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Chromalox termination, splice, tee and end seal kits reduce installation time
Chromalox HWM HOT WATER MAINTENANCE TRACE HEATING CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox HWM heat trace cable is available in – 5 and 10 watts per foot.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″W x 1/8″H
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208-277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 800 feet
- Minimum Install Temperature : -40°F (-40°C)
CHROMALOX HWM HOT WATER MAINTENANCE TRACE HEATING CABLE
|Part Number||Trace Heating Cable Description|
|387305||Chromalox HWM 5-1CT 120V 5W/FT|
|387348||Chromalox HWM 5-2CT 240V 5W/FT|
|387250||Chromalox HWM 10-1CT 120V 10W/FT|
|387313||Chromalox HWM 10-2CT 240V 10W/FT|
Chromalox HWM Maximum Circuit Length (Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||15A||20A||30A|
Chromalox HWM HOT WATER MAINTENANCE trace heating cable
A Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to Provide reliable electrical current capability.
B Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
C Flame Retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides resistance to water and some inorganic chemical solutions.
D Metallic Grounding Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
E Fluoropolymer Outer Jacket is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
Chromalox video with Chris Myers Product Manager at Chromalox explaining about their heat trace product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Chromalox technical manual covering trace heating cable selection, design, heat loss calculation, heat transfer fundamentals and radiant infrared heating theory.