Chromalox HWM Hot Water Maintenance Trace Heating Cable
hot water maintenance
Chromalox HWM hot water maintenance trace heating cables are a hot water temperature maintenance system which uses self-regulating heat trace technology to provide commercial buildings with immediate hot water.
The system, consisting of the self-regulating cable, connection kits and specialised electronic controls, provides hot water without the need for expensive re circulation systems. It provides a simple, yet energy efficient approach by providing heat at the point where heat loss occurs.
The parallel construction of the trace heating cable can be cut to any length, spliced, tee-branched and terminated on site.
Trace Heating Cable Features
- Energy efficient HWM self regulating heating cables require less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install trace heating cable which can be cut to any length
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Chromalox termination, splice, tee and end seal kits reduce installation time
Trace Heating Cable – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox HWM heat trace cable is available in either 5 or 10 watts per foot and features 16 Awg buss wires.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″W x 1/8″H
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208-277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1 1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 800 feet
- Minimum Install Temperature : -40°F (-40°C)
|Chromalox Part Number||Order Code||Voltage||W/Ft.||Chromalox HWM Maximum Circuit Length (Ft.)|
HOT WATER MAINTENANCE cable
- Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to Provide reliable electrical current capability
- Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature
- Flame Retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides resistance to water and some inorganic chemical solutions
- Metallic Grounding Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path
- Fluoropolymer Outer Jacket is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.