Chromalox SRF Frost Protection Trace Heating Cable – Metal & Plastic Pipe Heating Cable
Chromalox SRF Heat Trace Cables – Trace Heating
Chromalox SRF frost protection trace heating cables provide self-regulating freeze protection to institutional buildings and freeze protection applications up to 85º Celsius – with CSA and UL certification.
Chromalox SRF Frost Protection Trace Heating Cable – Features
- Energy efficient SRF frost protection cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Chromalox termination, splice, tee and end seal kits reduce installation time
- UL approved for Freeze protection of fire protection system piping
Chromalox SRF Frost Protection Trace Heating Cable – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRF heat trace cable wattages per metre at 10°C – 3, 5 and 8 watts.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 85° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208-277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 660 feet
CHROMALOX SRF FROST PROTECTION TRACE HEATING CABLE
|Part Number||Trace Heating Cable Description|
|386943||Chromalox SRF-3-1C 3W/FT 120V|
|386951||Chromalox SRF-3-2C 3W/FT 240V|
|386100||Chromalox SRF-3-1CR 3W/FT 120V|
|386118||Chromalox SRF-3-2CR 3W/FT 240V|
|386960||Chromalox SRF-5-1C 5W/FT 120V|
|386978||Chromalox SRF-5-2C 5W/FT 240V|
|386142||Chromalox SRF-5-1CR 5W/FT 120V|
|386150||Chromalox SRF-5-2CR 5W/FT 240V|
|386986||Chromalox SRF-8-1C 8W/FT 120V|
|386994||Chromalox SRF-8-2C 8W/FT 240V|
|386062||Chromalox SRF-8-1CR 8W/FT 120V|
|386070||Chromalox SRF-8-2CR 8W/FT 240V|
Chromalox SRF Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRF 3||2.4||-20||2.6||-13||3.4||+15|
|Chromalox SRF 5||4.1||-18||4.5||-10||5.6||+13|
|Chromalox SRF 8||6.88||-14||7.28||-9||8.96||+12|
Chromalox Chromalox SRF Frost Protection Trace Heating Cable
- A Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- B Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- C Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides corrosion resistance.
- D Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- E High Temperature Fluoropolymer or TPR Overjacket (optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments. TPR coatings protect against certain inorganic chemical solutions.
Chromalox SRL HEAT TRACE CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
- Listed for ordinary areas
- Listed for fire protection system piping
- Certified for ordinary areas.
Chromalox video with Chris Myers Product Manager at Chromalox explaining about their heat trace product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Chromalox technical manual covering trace heating cable selection, design, heat loss calculation, heat transfer fundamentals and radiant infrared heating theory.