Chromalox SRF Frost Protection Trace Heating Cable – Metal & Plastic Pipe Heating
Trace Heating cable
Chromalox SRF frost protection trace heating cables provide self-regulating frost protection to institutional buildings and applications up to 185º F with CSA and UL certification – UL listed for ordinary areas and fire protection system piping, CSA certified for ordinary areas.
Trace Heating Cable Features
- Energy efficient SRF frost protection cables require less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install trace heating cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- Heating cables can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Chromalox termination, splice, tee and end seal kits reduce installation time of the trace heating systems
Trace Heating Cable – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRF heat trace cable wattages per foot at 10°C – 3, 5 and 8 watts – this range of trace heating cables protect pipework and mechanical services against cold weather damage from the freezing effects of frost.
- Approximate Heating Cable Size: 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature: Power Off 185° F
- Available Models (Voltages): 120 and 208 – 277V
- Minimum Heating Cable Bend Radius : 1 – 1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 660 feet
|Part Number||Chromalox Trace Heating Cable Description||W/Ft||Voltage|
Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
Chromalox Frost Protection Cable
- A Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- B Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- C Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides corrosion resistance.
- D Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path for the heating cables
- E High Temperature Fluoropolymer or TPR Overjacket (optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments. TPR coatings protect against certain inorganic chemical solutions.
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.