Chromalox SRM/E Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable (Medium Temperature – 302°F 150°C)
Chromalox SRM/E Heat Trace Cables – Trace Heating
Chromalox SRM/E self-regulating trace heating cables provide process temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework, instrument lines, tanks and drums up to 150º Celsius – with ATEX, IECEx, CSA, FM, GOST and UL certification Chromalox SRM/E heat trace cables are suitable for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
Chromalox SRm/e Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable – Features
- Energy efficient SRM/E self regulating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- SRM/E trace heating cables offer low installation costs and require less maintenance minimising downtime
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Overtemperature is virtually impossible with self regulating trace heater cables
- UL listed for use on fire protection system piping
Chromalox srM/E SELF-REGULATING trace heating CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRM/E heat trace cable wattages per metre at 10°C – 5, 8, 10, 15 and 20 watts.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 150° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 215° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208-277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 750 feet
Chromalox SRM/E self-regulating trace heating cables increase power output as temperatures falls to provide guaranteed frost protection and temperature maintenance of industrial process and water pipework.
CHROMALOX SRm/e SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLE
Chromalox SRM/E Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRM/E 5||3.85||-23||4.25||-15||6.45||+23|
|Chromalox SRM/E 8||6.4||-20||6.88||-14||10.24||+22|
|Chromalox SRM/E 10||8.3||-17||8.80||-12||12.50||+20|
|Chromalox SRM/E 15||12.75||-15||13.50||-10||18.45||+19|
|Chromalox SRM/E 20||17.6||-12||18.40||-8||24.40||+19|
Chromalox SRM/E SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLE
- A Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- B Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- C Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides corrosion resistance.
- D Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- E High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket (optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
Chromalox SRM/E SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLE – Hazardous area CLASSIFICATIONS
ATEX and IECEX Exe IIGb, Factory Mutual (FM) Approved for ordinary areas. UL Listed, CSA Certified for ordinary areas. UL listed for freeze protection of fire protection system piping. FM Approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with U Series, DL and EL accessories:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups B, C, D (gases, vapors)
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G (combustible dust)
- Class III, Div. 2 (easily ignitable fibers and filings)
- 5 and 8 Watt Rated T3 Temperature Class
10, 15 and 20 Watt Rated T2D Temperature Class CSA Certified for hazardous (classified) areas when used with DL and U Series accessories:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G
- Rated T31 Temperature Class.
- ATEX and IECEX Exe IIGb
- EX IIG Exe II
Chromalox video with Chris Myers Product Manager at Chromalox explaining about their heat trace product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Chromalox SRM/E trace heating cables provide temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework and mechanical services in all industries – typical applications include heating process pipework, instrument lines and storage tanks to maintain viscosity or prevent frost damage.
Chromalox technical manual covering trace heating cable selection, design, heat loss calculation, heat transfer fundamentals and radiant infrared heating theory.