Marechal DSN Plugs 20A-63A Decontactors (IP66 IP67 IP69)
plugs & sockets 20A-63A
Marechal DSN DECONTACTOR range of plugs and sockets offer an integrated switch, are highly compact and waterproof, with current ratings from 20A to 63A. DSN plugs and sockets have an an impact resistance rating of IK08 – protected against 5 joules of impact (the equivalent to the impact of a 1.7 kg mass dropped from 300 mm above the impacted surface) and an ingress protection rating of IP66, IP67 or IP69 (water and dust-tight).
Marechal DSN decontactors can be used within extremely wet or dusty environments and the IP69 rated version allows the plug and socket to be used within industrial environments such as those found within the food & beverage, water & waste water treatment and cities and infrastructure industries with high pressure cleaning up to 100 bar and 80ºC.
DSN plugs and sockets have a breaking capacity of AC-22 / AC-23 and have an impact resistant GRP casing.
The range also features a safety shutter (socket IP4X/IPXXD), silver-nickel butt contacts and metallic braid to comply with the following international standards:
- IEC EN 60309-1 & IEC EN 60309-4 European and International standards (plugs and socket-outlets for industrial purposes),
- The European Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU,
- The European ‘Machine Directive’ 2006/42/CE regarding equipment isolation,
- The French NF C 15-100 standard,
- The French decree dated 20 December 2011 pertaining to the wiring and operating conditions of movable electrical apparatuses,
- The decrees relating to workers’ protection in Belgium, Spain and Italy,
- IEC EN 60947-3: The switch utilisation categories AC-22A and AC-23A,
- The UL 1682 (USA) and CSA C22.2 N° 182.1-07 (Canada) standards.
Certified by VERITAS LCIE, UL, AS, VDE, TR CU (GOST) and cCSAus (French, American, Australian, German, Russian and Canadian inspection laboratories), and by BUREAU VERITAS MARINE.
Marechal DSN Plugs
|Specification||Marechal DSN1||Marechal DSN3||Marechal DSN6|
|Rated Current (ln)||20A||32A||63A|
|AC-22 Switching Capacity||20A / 500V||32A / 690V||50A / 690V|
|AC-23 Switching Capacity||20A / 400V||32A / 400V||63A / 400V|
|Auxiliary Contacts (Optional)||–||2||4|
|Keying Positions (To distinguish between different power supplies & applications)||24|
|Ambient Temperature||-40ºC to +60ºC|
|Short Circuit Current lcc||10kA|
InStallation & Operation Guidelines
To avoid the dispersion of strands, flexible conductors must be fitted with a crimped lug before introduction in their terminal (see Figure F0 below).
Install the Marechal socket-outlet facing downwards, with the latch at the top (or on the side in case of risk of accumulation of foreign bodies inside the cover).
The release of the DSN latch is performed by a tension cord. One end of this cord must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation. The other end is attached to the latch release mechanism which comes in two different types:
- Ejecting connector: The retaining latch is directly activated by the tension cord in case of traction (Figure E1).
- Ejecting plug: A shark-fin mechanism (Figure E2) is placed between the plug top and its handle. It releases the retaining latch of the socket-outlet in case of traction on the tension cord. For some Marechal plugs, the shark-fin mechanism is replaced by a cam mechanism (Figure E2A).
Some handles are equipped with a plastic eyelet which allows an optimal pulling angle of the tension cord on the latch release mechanism (See Figure E3).
The end of the tension cord that must be attached either to the flexible cable or to a suitable fixed point of the installation is equipped with a loop. A crimping ferrule is supplied to loop the other end of the cord, once it has been passed through the handle eyelet, the latch release mechanism, and cut to the adequate length. See Figure E3. A cable tie is supplied, to attach the loop of the tension cord onto the flexible cable.
- The Marechal DSN socket-outlet is shielded by a protective lid held in the closed position by a latch. Depress the latch to release the lid.
- Only devices with compatible contact configurations and electrical ratings will mate with each other.
- Align red marks on the housings and insert the device and turn it clockwise until the stop. The device is in the rest position, circuit open.
- If any, use the finger draw plates or the draw-and-lock levers to push the device fully home until latched.
- To break the circuit, undo the draw mechanism if any, and depress the latch. The DSN plug is ejected to its rest position.
- Turn the device in the opposite direction to remove it. Shut the lid.
Marechal DSN Plugs & Power Distribution Systems
Marechal DSN decontactors (plug and socket outlets with integral power switch) are supported by an ancillary range of wall mounting sockets, wall boxes, socket outlets, sleeves, inlets and handles.