Chromalox CWM Constant Wattage Trace Heating Cable to 392°F (200 °C)
UL Listed and CSA certified CWM constant wattage heat trace cables are suitable for use in Class 1, Div. 2 ordinary areas.
Constant wattage heat trace cable features a parallel heating core which produces a uniform thermal output over its entire length. By using just a single power point, you can easily configure and install a heat tracing system as long as 780 feet.
The fluoropolymer electrical insulation over-jacketing has a maximum exposure temperature of up to 392°F (200°C), meaning CWM has outstanding electrical and thermal properties and is well suited for most chemically hostile environments.
Trace Heating Cable Features
- A durable fluoropolymer jacket ensures a long service life and allows use in some hostile environments.
- Flexible and easy to install on most equipment and delivers long-term reliable performance.
- Eliminates the need for oversized wiring or switchgear.
- Accurate temperature, reliable electric heat that can be consistently controlled and easily monitored.
- Chromalox CWM trace heating cable is low profile and uses standard size thermal insulation on piping and process equipment.
- Trace heating cables are safe and rugged.
- Parallel circuitry allows the heating cable to be cut-to-length.
- High performance heat trace cable, rated to withstand up to 392°F (200°C) saturated steam (190 psig) temperature (power off).
TRACE HEATING CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox CWM heat trace cable is available with 4, 8 and 12 Watts/Foot. This range of constant wattage trace heating cable is best suited for applications where a particular wattage density is required at all times.
- Approximate Cable Size: 0.30 in. W x 0.25 in. H
- Maximum Circuit Length: 225 – 900 Ft
- Maximum Maintain Temperature: 392°F (200°C)
- Maximum Exposure Temp. Power Off: 400 °F
- Available Models (Voltages): 120V, 208 – 277V, 480V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/4″
- Buss Wire Size: 12
- Suitable For Plastic Pipes: No
- Hazardous Area Ratings: Yes
- Cut to Length In Field: Yes
- Field Splicable: Yes
- Can be Overlapped: No
- Variable Output: No
|Chromalox Model Number||Output (W/Ft.)||Nominal Voltage (Vac)||Circuit Load (Amps/Ft.)||Max. Circuit Length (Ft.)|
|Chromalox CWM 4-1||4||120||0.033||350|
|Chromalox CWM 8-1||8||120||0.067||240|
|Chromalox CWM 12-1||12||120||0.100||200|
|Chromalox CWM 4-2||4||240||0.017||700|
|Chromalox CWM 8-2||8||240||0.033||480|
|Chromalox CWM 12-2||12||240||0.050||400|
|Chromalox CWM 12-4||12||480||0.025||780|
Trace Heating Cable Variations
Add either C or CT to the end of the Chromalox model number for the following cable variations.
|C||Tin-Plated copper metallic braid for additional protection and ground path||Moisture|
|CT||Fluoropolymer corrosion resistant overjacket over braid for hostile/corrosive environments||Moisture, Aqueous Solutions of Inorganic Compounds, Liquids Organic Chemicals Acids or Bases, Acids or Bases|
TRACE HEATING CABLE
- Twin 12 AWG Copper Buss Wires – Provide reliable, consistent electrical current
- FEP Insulation Jacket – Electrically insulates buss wires
- Pairing Jacket – Secures two buss wires together and provides wrapping surface for Nichrome wire
- Nickel Chromium Wire – Cable heating component
- FEP Insulation – Rugged outer sheath protects heating cable, assures longer service life, and provides protection against environmental application hazards
- Tinned Copper Braid – Plated copper braid increases robust construction, provides ground path and provides additional protection in any location (suffix “C” in model number)
- FEP – Fluoropolymer overjacket, over the braid, provides protection from most aqueous and chemically corrosive solutions (suffix “T” in model number)
Chromalox CWM HEAT TRACE CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
UL Listed for ordinary areas.
CSA Certified for ordinary areas and:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G. Rated T3 Temperature Class (Exception: Cable surface temperature shall not exceed 190°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group F; 165°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group G)
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.