Rotronic HC2-S Humidity & Temperature Measurement Probe
Designed specifically for use with the Rotronic HygroClip 2 range of humidity measurement instruments.
With integrated data acquisition and calibration history, the Rotronic HC2-S probe is easily programmable with alarm functions and features advanced, easy to use calibration features.
Based on Airchip 3000 technology, the unique features of the Rotronic HC2-S such as the advanced sensor technology and integration provide superb precision and state-of-the-art functionality.
Typical applications and industries include HVAC, food industry, building services equipment, paper, textile and pharmaceutical.
Rotronic HC2-S Humidity & Temperature Probe
- Fast Response – By decoupling the Pt100 temperature sensor from the probe, thermal response is significantly improved.
- Innovative Filter Technology – The latest filter technology provides an extremely high level of protection and maintains the optimum measurement environment for the Hygromer humidity and Pt100 temperature sensors.
- Airchip 3000 Technology – The Airchip 3000 technology compensates humidity and temperature over 30,000 reference points. In addition the Airchip 3000 offers 2,000 data point memory and dew/frost point calculation.
- Maximum Flexibility – The interface and user scalable analog outputs allow the probe to be used as a stand-alone device. These can also be effortlessly integrated into an OEM application and the probes can be interchanged without adjustment.
In addition to being used with the Rotronic HygroClip 2, the HC2-S probe can be used as a standalone device using either the analog output signals or the probe digital interface.
Connectors, cables and digital interface adapters are available to this purpose. Digital integration with OEM applications is facilitated by the probe communication protocol options.
Key user functions of the Rotronic HC2-S humidity probe include:
- User configurable settings
- Calculation of the dew or frost point
- Humidity temperature calibration and adjustment
- Simulator mode
- Automatic humidity sensor test and drift compensation
- Sensor failure mode
- Data recording
Rotronic Hc2-S Humidity Temperature Measurement Probe
|Probe Accuracy||Range of Application||Standard Output Scaling||Weight||Accuracy W Adjustment Profile “Standard”||Filter Type||Current Consumption||Long-Term Stability|
|±0.8 %rh, ±0.1 K, at 23 °C ±5 K||-50…100 °C / 0…100 %rh||0…1 V = -40…60 °C / 0…100 %rh||10g||±0.8 %RH / ±0.1 K, at 10…30 °C|
at 23 °C and 10, 35, 80 %RH
|Wire mesh filter||4.5mA at 3.3 VDC||<1 %rh/ year|
|Humidity Sensor||Temperature Sensor||Response Time T 63||Housing||Max Cable Length||Type Of Output Signals||Probe Material|
|Rotronic Hygromer IN-1||Rotronic Pt100 Class A||<15 sec.||Polycarbonate||Up to 5mm with passive cable||2 x 0…1 VDC||PEEK|
Rotronic HygroClip2 Humidity & Temperature Probe
Rotronic HC2-S / HC2-S3 probes measure humidity, temperature and also calculate dew/frost point.
- Probe accuracy: ±0.8 %rh, ±0.1 K, at 23 °C ±5 K
- Range of probe application: -50…100 °C / 0…100 %rh
- Digital interface (UART) and scalable analog outputs, 0…1 V
- Standard output scaling: 0…1 V = -40…60 °C / 0…100 %rh
- Adjusted at 23 °C and 10, 35, 80 %rh
Rotronic Hygroclip 2 Humidity & Temperature Probe Options
Whether required for simple measurement of ambient temperatures or for high temperature and special applications, the Rotronic Hygroclip 2 humidity probe suits almost all applications.
For further accuracy, the probe can be individually calibrated and adjusted to maximise precision which is what makes each probe in the range a high end solution.
Probes For Industrial Applications – With a variety of mechanical designs, the range of Rotronic industrial probes are suitable for use in the most demanding environments. Operating range 0…100 %RH, -100…200 °C 1 (-148…392 °F) and 0…100 bar (0…1450 PSI).
Probes For Handheld Instruments – Almost any conceivable measurement task can be performed with the range of Rotronic hand-held probes. Depending on probe type, the operating range is between 0…100 %RH and -100…200 °C.
ROTRONIC – HUMIDITY MEASUREMENT IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest users of humidity measurement equipment. Most drugs are sensitive to variations in humidity and moisture levels, so these need to be considered and controlled using measurement instruments, probes and sensors for the final products to be consistent in quality and performance.
Humidity Measurement Applications
Humidity instruments are used to both control (transmitters) and monitor (transmitters or data loggers) these conditions during “accelerated conditions” drug testing.
Production machines, driers, tableters, and coaters are all sensitive to humidity – quality control requires machine monitoring, area monitoring and final product Equilibrium Relative Humidity (ERH) measurement.
Clean room environments are humidity critical – environmental monitoring system (EMS) and measurement is validated to conform with regulatory requirements.
View the current Rotronic catalogue :
HUMIDITY, DEW POINT, FLOW, PROCESS PRESSURE, CARBON DIOXIDE & TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT
T&D distribute Rotronic probes, instruments, transmitters, data loggers, indicators and sensors for the measurement of dew point, flow, air velocity, process pressure, carbon dioxide and temperature. Click an icon for further information…..
➡ Did you know? T&D supply VEGA process instrumentation for pressure, level and point level (switching) measurement.