Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 Humidity & Temperature Measurement Transmitter
In combination with advanced sensor technology and integration, the Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 provides superb functionality, taking humidity, temperature and dew point measurement to a whole new level of performance and reliability (< 2 %rh / 0.3 K).
Based on Airchip 3000 technology, the unique features of the Rotronic Hygroflex HF5 such as the advanced sensor technology and integration provide superb precision and state-of-the-art functionality.
Typical applications and industries include HVAC, food industry, building services equipment, paper, textile and pharmaceutical.
Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 Humidity & Temperature Measurement HVAC Transmitter Product Benefits
- Easy to read display – Display of the measured values on a clear, backlit graphic display with trend indicators along with configuration possible with a keypad.
- Tried and tested housing – The robust industrial housing is suitable for wall or duct mounting
- Power supply options –
- 15…40 VDC/12…28 VAC
- 9…36 VDC/7…24 VAC (galvanically separated)
- 85…240 VAC (galvanically separated)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Output signals –
- Two freely selectable and scalable analogue outputs
- Available as 2-wire (HF52), 3/4-wire (HF53) 3/4-wire (HF54, HF56 with galvanic isolation) and digital (HF55) transmitter
- Optional digital outputs allow integration on a network via or RS-485, Ethernet – wired or wireless
- Combined digital and analogue output signals, allow control and monitoring of a device with one transmitter
In addition to being used with the Rotronic HygroClip 2, the HC2-S probe can be used as a standalone device using either the analog output signals or the probe digital interface.
Connectors, cables and digital interface adapters are available to this purpose. Digital integration with OEM applications is facilitated by the probe communication protocol options.
Key user functions of the Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 humidity and temperature transmitter include:
- Relative humidity and temperature measurement
- Dew Point and other psychrometric calculations
- Interchangeable probe for easy maintenance
- Wide choice of probes to satisfy every application
- Low voltage and mains versions
- Freely scalable analogue signals
- Various digital outputs available
- Available with metal housing
Rotronic HYGROFLEX5 HF5 Humidity And Temperature Transmitter
|Probe Accuracy||Measurement Range||Standard Output Scaling||Weight||Min. / Max. load||Start-Up||Current Consumption||Trend Indicators|
|probe dependent||probe dependent||0…1 V = -40…60 °C / 0…100 %rh||220g/500g||V-signal: ≥1 kΩ/V / mA-signal: ≤500 Ω||HF53/54/55/56: 3s, HF52: 60s||HF52: max 40 mA||Yes|
|Power Consumption||Probe Cable Extension||Response Time T 63||Housing||Max. Air Velocity||Type Of Output Signals||Probe Material|
|HF52: max 40 mA||Passive: max. 5 m, active 100 m||probe dependent||Aluminium/ABS||20 m/s at probe||0…1 V, 0…5 V, 0…10 V, 0(4)…20 mA||PEEK|
Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 Humidity & Temperature Probe
Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 probes measure humidity, temperature and also calculate dew/frost point.
- Accuracy: ±2 %rh / ±0.3 K at 23°C ±5 K
- Temperature limit at probe: -40…60 °C / 0…100 %rh
- Range of application electronics: -40…60 °C / 0…100 %rh, -10…60 °C with LCD
- Service interface
- Adjusted at 23 °C and 10, 35, 80 %rh
What Is CO2 & How Is It Measured ? – Rotronic HygroFlex5-EX ATEX Humidity & Temperature Sensors
Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 Humidity & Temperature hvac transmitter – probe options
Whether a simple plug and play probe is required to measure ambient conditions or a more sophisticated cable probe for high temperature or special applications, the options available for the Rotronic Hygroflex5 HF5 mean most requirements can be met.
All Hygroclip2 probes can be individually calibrated and adjusted to increase measurement precision.
The range of Hygroclip2 probes available include:
ROTRONIC – HUMIDITY MEASUREMENT IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest users of humidity measurement equipment. Most drugs are sensitive to variations in humidity and moisture levels, so these need to be considered and controlled using measurement instruments, probes and sensors for the final products to be consistent in quality and performance.
Humidity Measurement Applications
Humidity instruments are used to both control (transmitters) and monitor (transmitters or data loggers) these conditions during “accelerated conditions” drug testing.
Production machines, driers, tableters, and coaters are all sensitive to humidity – quality control requires machine monitoring, area monitoring and final product Equilibrium Relative Humidity (ERH) measurement.
Clean room environments are humidity critical – environmental monitoring system (EMS) and measurement is validated to conform with regulatory requirements.
View the current Rotronic catalogue :
HUMIDITY, DEW POINT, FLOW, PROCESS PRESSURE, CARBON DIOXIDE & TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT
T&D distribute Rotronic probes, instruments, transmitters, data loggers, indicators and sensors for the measurement of dew point, flow, air velocity, process pressure, carbon dioxide and temperature. Click an icon for further information…..
➡ Did you know? T&D supply VEGA process instrumentation for pressure, level and point level (switching) measurement.