Crowcon Triple Plus+ Gas Detector – Flammable Hydrocarbons & Carbon Dioxide
Portable MultiGas Detection
The Triple Plus+ portable gas detector is manufactured by Crowcon. It is used to detect oxygen, toxic and flammable gases. The Crowcon Triple Plus+ is predominately used by chemical, utility, manufacturing and oil and gas companies due to the gas detectors flexibility, simple features, reliability and design.
Crowcon Triple Plus+ uses lithium-ion battery technology and has the ability to have InfraRed (IR) sensors for measuring flammable hydrocarbons or carbon dioxide known as the Crowcon Triple Plus+ IR ideal for tank and line purging applications.
The Triple Plus+ is an intrinsically safe option for gas detection and one unit is able to serve several locations across a site. It provides site safety fleet managers with a data file of user and site names already pre-configured for additional safety and accuracy.
The Triple Plus+ gas detector is also water and dust resistant to IP65.
With over 90,000 of these gas detectors sold to oil and gas, chemical, utility and manufacturing companies worldwide, their combination of ruggedness, reliability, ease of use and sensor flexibility has set the standard for multigas portables.
➡ Also see the range of Crowcon Fixed Gas Detectors.
Crowcon Triple Plus+ Portable Gas Detector
- Simple To Customise – The Crowcon Triple Plus+ has interchangeable sensor modules with a wide range of electrochemical oxygen and toxic gas sensors available for diffusion, manual aspiration or pumped sampling. This allows the user to create your own optimum 4 gas Triple Plus+ detector with a comprehensive datalogging function with site and user names.
- Robust Construction – The Triple Plus+ has a Triax casing which will not crack or shatter when dropped. The unique internal design is resistant to even the harshest treatment ensuring system integrity and continued operation. Additionally the gas detector is fully buoyant allowing recovery from water.
- Clear & Unambiguous Alarms – The Triple Plus+ has a piercing 85dB audible alarm at 1m and has vivid LED alarms with top visibility giving the user confidence in the status of the gas detector. It also has a timed datalogging with 100 hour capacity, confidence blip, low battery and TWA warnings.
- Easy To Maintain – User menus allow calibration with or without connecting to a PC using a QuickCal, rapid calibration system.
- IR Option Available – Offering flexibility, reduced cost of ownership and single or dual range measurement with a long life sensor with no poisoning effects and no burnout. The option of an IR detector works especially well where catalytic pellistors would perform poorly.
Crowcon Triple Plus+ Gas Detector Bump Testing And Calibration
Routine bump testing is recommended for the range of Crowcon portable gas detectors prior to each use. Bump testing is a brief application of a gas to the sensor to invoke a prescribed reaction, ensuring the gas detector reacts as expected.
Bump testing provides a quick, easy and direct method of verifying gas detectors are performing as required and takes a lot less time than ‘zeroing’ the device.
The bump test is widely accepted as a suitable method of testing gas detection equipment.
Quick Start Guide To Crowcon Triple+
- Alarm sounds and the red LEDs flash.
- Press the UNMARKED button to silence the sounder, the red LED will continue to flash if gas is present.
- Gas display mode: ‘ALARM’ flashes next to the hazardous gas name.
- GO/NO-GO mode: display reads ‘GAS HAZARD, EVACUATE AREA’.
- Instantaneous and TWA alarms: Alarm is triggered when the instantaneous threshold is reached.
- Press the UNMARKED button to silence the sounder, the red LEDs will continue to flash if gas is present.
- The sounder will be triggered again if a new alarm threshold is reached.
- Low battery: Alarm will sound when battery is low. Press ‘user accept’
Crowcon Triple Plus+ Portable Gas Detector
The Triple Plus+ gas detector has two dual rate charging solutions supplied with UK, EU, US plug and without plug configurations. A vehicle adapter for in-vehicle charging is also available.
- Standard drop-in charging cradle
- PC interface charger
|Size||118 x 200 x 73mm (4.65 x 7.8 x 2.9ins)|
|Display||2 lines of 24 characters, dot matrix high contrast; LCD with back light operating for 30 minutes; Values and units for up to 4 gases displayed simultaneously at current, TWA or peak levels; Low battery, pump failure, real time and elapsed time, calibration and configuration data also displayed|
|Typical response times||Methane 20s (Triple Plus+), IR 20s (Triple Plus+ IR), Oxygen 10s, typical Toxic Gas 20s|
|Expected sensor life||Flammable: 5 years (Triple Plus+), IR: 5 years (Triple Plus+ IR) Toxic: 3 years, Oxygen: 2 years|
|Audible alarms||Piercing, rapid intermittent, piezo-electric tone 85 dB at 1 m; Confidence blip (selectable); Distinctive double blip for low battery with user accept|
|Visible alarms||Gas hazard: vivid flashing red LED; Instrument is working: slow flashing green LED; Low battery: distinctive double flash of green LED|
|Data logging||Adjustable sample rate, 100 hours at 1 minute sample rate (maximum 6000 data points per channel), logging of events, user and site|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-ion battery pack|
Standard instrument >12 hours
Pumped instrument >10 hours
Charging: Dual rate drop-in charger; Dual rate charger/PC interface
|Battery charging||Dual rate drop-in charger Dual rate charger/PC interface|
|Operating time||Based on four gas unit with flammable sensor: A 5 hour charge from flat provides at least 10 hours of continuous use. A 12 hour charge provides at least 14 hours of continuous use|
|Sampling||Diffusion or hand aspirator|
|Operating temp range||-20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Humidity||20–90% RH non-condensing|
|Hazardous Area Approval||Europe: ATEX II 2G: Ex ib d IIC T4 Gb Ta -20°C to +50°C|
North America: Class I Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D
|Safety standards||Europe: EN50014, EN50020, EN50018-2, EN50270, EN50082-2|
North America: UL 913, CSA 22.2 No.157 (SFA3009 Triple Plus+)
|PC interface||RS232 connection via the interface charger; RS232/USB converter available; Portables PC also controls datalogging, giving the user a choice of direct graphical output or a datafile compatible with all leading spreadsheets|
|Calibration||Triple Plus+ can be routinely calibrated using Portables PC software or Crowcon Checkbox IMH|
|Standard accessories||Manual, shoulder strap and allen keys (pumped units include additional flow plate, 2m hose and pouch)|
|Optional accessories||Leather case is sold as an integral part of the unit and is not an accessory.|
Standard: Manual, shoulder strap and allen keys (pumped units include additional flow plate, 2m hose and pouch)
Optional: Straight and telescopic probes, water trap, baffle plate, aspirator, calibration flow adaptor and hose
Crowcon Triple Plus+ Portable Gas Detector
Gases DETECTED & RANGE
|Crowcon Triple Plus+ & Triple Plus+ IR|
|Gas Detected||Range||Typical Alarms (UK)|
|Flammable Gas||0- 100% LEL||20% LEL|
|Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)||0-100ppm||5ppm|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||1-500ppm||30ppm|
|Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)||0-20ppm||1ppm|
|Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)||0-10ppm||1ppm|
|Non-Flammable Hydrogen (H2)||0-2000ppm||N/A|
|Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN)||0-25ppm||10ppm|
|Hydrogen Chloride (HCL)||0-10ppm||1ppm|
|Crowcon Triple Plus+|
|Electrochem Hydrogen (H2)||0-100% LEL||20% LEL|
|Methane (CH4 )||0-100% vol.||N/A|
|Hydrogen Flouride (HF)||0-10ppm||2ppm|
|Ethylene Oxide (ETO)||0-10ppm||5ppm|
|Chlorine Dioxide (CLO2)||0-1ppm||0.1ppm|
|Nitric Oxide (NO)||0-100ppm||25ppm|
|Crowcon Triple Plus+ IR|
|Flammable Gas||0-100% vol.||No alarm|
|Carbon Dioxide (CO2)||0-5%||0.5/ 1.5%|
*Unpumped units only
The unique design of the Crowcon IR sensor module used in Triple Plus+ IR allows measurement of hydrocarbons at both %LEL and % volume ranges making this instrument ideal for tank and line purging applications.
- No poisoning effects – works well where catalytic pellistors would perform poorly
- Long life sensor and no burnout – reduced cost of ownership
- % vol. measurement for purging applications – offers flexibility
- % LEL measurement in air or inert backgrounds
- Single or dual range measurement
- IR CO2 detection, 0-5%
T&D provide competitive prices and delivery for all Crowcon Gas Detectors, including the Crowcon Triple Plus+ and Crowcon Triple Plus+ IR.
Gas Detection In High Voltage Substations, SWITCHGEAR & Hazardous Area Battery Rooms
See how Crowcon F-Gas Detector is used in the electrical utility industry to provide safe gas detection of SF6 in high voltage substations and gas insulated switchgear.
➡ Did you know? T&D distribute Zone 1 Hazardous Area ATEX Certified Lighting, Heating, Power products – this includes hazardous area portable heaters, LED lighting, plugs and sockets, control panels, enclosures and junction boxes for Zone 1 use.