Chromalox SRL | Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable (Low Temperature – 150°F 65°C)
Trace Heating cable
SRL trace heating cable has a maximum maintenance temperature rating of 150°F (65°C). Constructed of industrial grade 16 AWG buss wire with a tinned copper braid and overjacketing, SRL ensures safe operation within CSA & FM Division 2 and ATEX Zone 1 (Gas).
- Energy efficient SRL self regulating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- SRL trace heating cables offer low installation costs and require less maintenance, minimising downtime
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Over-temperature is conditions are kept to a minimum with self regulating trace heating cables
- UL listed for use in ordinary areas
TRACE HEATING CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRL heat trace cable is available in 3, 5, 8 and 10 w/ft.
- Approximate Cable Size : 0.47″ W x 0.20″ H
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 65° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 85° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120V and 208V – 277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 660 feet
Chromalox SRL self-regulating, low temperature trace heating cables increase power output as temperatures falls to provide guaranteed frost protection and temperature maintenance to industrial process and water pipework.
|Cable Part Number||Chromalox Trace Heating Cable Order Code||W/Ft||Voltage|
Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRL 3||2.4||-20||2.6||-13||3.4||+15|
|Chromalox SRL 5||4.1||-18||4.5||-10||5.6||+13|
|Chromalox SRL 8||6.88||-14||7.28||-9||8.96||+12|
|Chromalox SRL 10||8.7||-13||9.2||-8||11.1||+10|
TRACE HEATING CABLE Construction
- Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- Water Resistant Polyolefin Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides resistance to water and some inorganic chemical solutions.
- Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer or TPR Overjacket (Optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments. TPR coatings protect against certain inorganic chemical solutions.
Chromalox SRL HEAT TRACE CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
- FM – Factory Mutual approved for ordinary areas. UL Listed, CSA Certified for ordinary areas. UL Listed for fire protection system piping
- FM approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories: Class I, Div. 2, Groups B, C, D (gases, vapors) Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G (combustible dust) Class III, Div. 2 (easily ignitable fibers and filings) 3 Watt rated T6 temperature class 5 and 8 Watt rated T5 temperature class 10 Watt rated T4A temperature class
Certified for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D;
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G
ATEX CE 0359 IIG Ex e IIC T* Gb Ta -60˚C to 195˚C
ITS 07.0018X Ex e IIC T5 Gb Ta -60˚C to 95˚C
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Experts in Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres
Learn more about our ATEX & IECEx Product Innovations and how we deliver significant improvements to clients plant, people and operational safety in the explosive atmosphere industries – we service UK and international projects with a comprehensive range of certified Electrical, HVAC and Process Instrumentation equipment for the hazardous area industries.
Hazardous Area ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL & PROCESS INSTRUMENTATION Specialists
Thorne & Derrick International distribute Electrical, Mechanical, Process & Instrumentation Equipment to the global hazardous area industries and are approved vendors to most leading oil, gas and petrochemical companies and their EPC’s.
T&D supply ATEX & IECEx Certified equipment for the detection, metering, flow measurement and heat tracing of potentially explosive gases in hazardous areas Zone 1 and Zone 2 (Explosive Gas) and Zone 21 and Zone 22 (Explosive Dust).