Chromalox SRL Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable (Low Temperature – 150°F 65°C)
Chromalox SRL Heat Trace Cables – Trace Heating
Chromalox SRL self-regulating trace heating cables provide process temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework, instrument lines, tanks and drums up to 65º Celsius – with ATEX, IECEx, CSA, FM, GOST and UL certification Chromalox SRL heat trace cables are suitable for Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous areas.
Chromalox SRL Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable – Features
- Energy efficient SRL self regulating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- SRL trace heating cables offer low installation costs and require less maintenance minimising downtime
- Can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Overtemperature is virtually impossible with self regulating trace heater cables
- UL listed for use on fire protection system piping
Chromalox srl SELF-REGULATING trace heating CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRL heat trace cable wattages per metre at 10°C – 3, 5, 8 and 10 watts.
- Approximate Cable Size : 3/8″ W x 1/8″ H
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 65° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 85° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208-277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 660 feet
Chromalox SRL self-regulating trace heating cables increase power output as temperatures falls to provide guaranteed frost protection and temperature maintenance of industrial process and water pipework.
CHROMALOX SRL SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLE
|Part Number||Trace Heating Cable Description|
|382678||Chromalox SRL 3-1C 3W/FT 120V|
|382686||Chromalox SRL 3-2C 3W/FT 240V|
|382731||Chromalox SRL 3-1CR 3W/FT 120V|
|382740||Chromalox SRL 3-2CR 3W/FT 240V|
|383400||Chromalox SRL 3-1CT 3W/FT 120V|
|383419||Chromalox SRL 3-2CT 3W/FT 240V|
|382694||Chromalox SRL 5-1C 5W/FT 120V|
|382707||Chromalox SRL 5-2C 5W/FT 240V|
|382758||Chromalox SRL 5-1CR 5W/FT 120V|
|382766||Chromalox SRL 5-2CR 5W/FT 240V|
|383443||Chromalox SRL 5-1CT 5W/FT 120V|
|383451||Chromalox SRL 5-2CT 5W/FT 240V|
|382555||Chromalox SRL 8-1C 8W/FT 120V|
|382563||Chromalox SRL 8-2C 8W/FT 240V|
|382598||Chromalox SRL 8-1CR 8W/FT 120V|
|382600||Chromalox SRL 8-2CR 8W/FT 240V|
|382460||Chromalox SRL 8-1CT 8W/FT 120V|
|383478||Chromalox SRL 8-2CT 8W/FT 240V|
|382820||Chromalox SRL 10-1C 10W/FT 120V|
|382838||Chromalox SRL 10-2C 10W/FT 240V|
|382846||Chromalox SRL 10-1CR 10W/FT 120V|
|382854||Chromalox SRL 10-2CR 10W/FT 240V|
|383486||Chromalox SRL 10-1CT 10W/FT 120V|
|383494||Chromalox SRL 10-2CT 10W/FT 240V|
Chromalox SRL Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRL 3||2.4||-20||2.6||-13||3.4||+15|
|Chromalox SRL 5||4.1||-18||4.5||-10||5.6||+13|
|Chromalox SRL 8||6.88||-14||7.28||-9||8.96||+12|
|Chromalox SRL 10||8.7||-13||9.2||-8||11.1||+10|
Chromalox SRL SELF-REGULATING TRACE HEATING CABLE
- Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to Provide reliable electrical current capability.
- Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- Water Resistant Polyolefin Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides resistance to water and some inorganic chemical solutions.
- Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer or TPR Overjacket (Optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments. TPR coatings protect against certain inorganic chemical solutions.
Chromalox SRL HEAT TRACE CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
- FM – Factory Mutual approved for ordinary areas. UL Listed, CSA Certified for ordinary areas. UL Listed for fire protection system piping
- FM approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories: Class I, Div. 2, Groups B, C, D (gases, vapors) Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G (combustible dust) Class III, Div. 2 (easily ignitable fibers and filings) 3 Watt rated T6 temperature class 5 and 8 Watt rated T5 temperature class 10 Watt rated T4A temperature class
Certified for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D;
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G
Chromalox video with Chris Myers Product Manager at Chromalox explaining about their heat trace product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Chromalox SRL trace heating cables provide temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework and mechanical services in all industries – typical applications include heating process pipework, instrument lines and storage tanks to maintain viscosity or prevent frost damage.
Chromalox technical manual covering trace heating cable selection, design, heat loss calculation, heat transfer fundamentals and radiant infrared heating theory.