Chromalox SRL | Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable (Low Temperature – 150°F 65°C)
Trace Heating cable
SRL trace heating cable has a maximum maintenance temperature rating of 150°F (65°C). Constructed of industrial grade 16 AWG buss wire with a tinned copper braid and overjacketing, SRL ensures safe operation within CSA & FM Division 2 and ATEX Zone 1 (Gas).
Trace Heating Cable Features
- Energy efficient SRL self regulating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install trace heating cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- SRL trace heating cables offer low installation costs and require less maintenance, minimising downtime
- Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections
- Heating cables can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Over-temperature is conditions are kept to a minimum with self regulating trace heating cables
- UL listed for use in ordinary areas
TRACE HEATING CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRL heat trace cable is available in 3, 5, 8 and 10 w/ft. These self-regulating, low temperature trace heating cables increase power output as temperatures falls to provide guaranteed frost protection and temperature maintenance to industrial process and water pipework.
- Approximate Heating Cable Size : 0.47″ W x 0.20″ H
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 65° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 85° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120V and 208V – 277V
- Minimum Heating Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 660 feet
|Cable Part Number||Chromalox Trace Heating Cable Order Code||W/Ft||Voltage|
Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRL 3||2.4||-20||2.6||-13||3.4||+15|
|Chromalox SRL 5||4.1||-18||4.5||-10||5.6||+13|
|Chromalox SRL 8||6.88||-14||7.28||-9||8.96||+12|
|Chromalox SRL 10||8.7||-13||9.2||-8||11.1||+10|
TRACE HEATING CABLE Construction
- Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- Water Resistant Polyolefin Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides resistance to water and some inorganic chemical solutions.
- Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer or TPR Overjacket (Optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments. TPR coatings protect against certain inorganic chemical solutions.
Chromalox SRL HEAT TRACE CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
- FM – Factory Mutual approved for ordinary areas. UL Listed, CSA Certified for ordinary areas. UL Listed for fire protection system piping
- FM approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories: Class I, Div. 2, Groups B, C, D (gases, vapors) Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G (combustible dust) Class III, Div. 2 (easily ignitable fibers and filings) 3 Watt rated T6 temperature class 5 and 8 Watt rated T5 temperature class 10 Watt rated T4A temperature class
Certified for hazardous (classified) areas when used with Chromalox accessories:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D;
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G
ATEX CE 0359 IIG Ex e IIC T* Gb Ta -60˚C to 195˚C
ITS 07.0018X Ex e IIC T5 Gb Ta -60˚C to 95˚C
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.