Chromalox SRP 5-2C 5W/FT 208V – 277V Trace Heating Cables
Trace Heating Cables
- Manufacturer: Chromalox
- Heating Cable Range: SRP
- Heating Cable Code: SRP 5-2C 5W/FT 208V – 277V
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 110° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 135° Celsius
- Cable Type: Self Regulating Trace Heating Cables
- Cable Ratings: 5 Watts Per Foot @ 50°F
- Cable Voltage: 208V – 277V
- Maximum Heating Cable Circuit Length: 750 Foot
- See Also: Trace Heating
SRP trace heating cables manufactured by Chromalox, including SRL 5-2C, provide frost protection to pipework and valves, tanks and associated mechanical services – suitable for hazardous area zones including Div 2 and ATEX Zone 1.
➡ See also : Electrical Heating for Hazardous Areas
Heating Cable Applications
- Process Pipework Maintenance
- Frost Protection of Pipework
- Fluid Flow, Transfer & Viscosity Maintenance
- Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matrix and buss wires and provides corrosion resistance.
- Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket (optional) is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket which is highly effective in many environments. It protects against exposure to organic or corrosive solutions as well as abrasion and impact damage.
Cable Ordering Information
|Output (W/Ft.)||Volts||Model||Cable Construction||Stock||Chromalox Part Code||Wt./1000′ (lbs)|
|Output at Rated Voltage|
|5 @ 50°F||208 – 277||SRP 5-2 C||Braid Only||S||387217||68|
|SRP 5-2CT||Standard Braid and overjacket||387225||80|
Circuit Breaker Selection
|Maximum Cable Circuit Length (Ft.) by Start-Up Temperature (°F) and Breaker Size (Amps)|
|Heating Cable Rating||SRP 5-2CT Trace Heating|
|50°F Start-Up (Ft.)||15 A||295|
|0°F Start-Up (Ft.)||15 A||220|
|-20°F Start-Up (Ft.)||15 A||135|