Chromalox SRP Self-Regulating Trace Heating Cable (Process Temperature – 230°F 110°C)
Trace Heating cable
With UL Listing and CSA, ATEX, IECEx and FM certification Chromalox SRP heat trace cables are suitable for use in hazardous areas.
Heating Cable Features
- Energy efficient SRP self regulating trace heating cables requires less energy as less heat is required
- Simple to install heat trace cable and can be cut to any length (see max circuit length)
- SRP trace heating cables offer low installation costs and require less maintenance minimising downtime
- Heating cables can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of in-line process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps
- Chromalox U-Series Connection Kits reduce installation time
trace heating CABLE – SPECIFICATION
Chromalox SRP heat trace cable is available in 5, 10 and 15 w/ft. This range of self-regulating trace heating cables increase power output as temperatures falls to provide reliable frost protection and temperature maintenance of industrial process and water pipework.
- Approximate Cable Size : 0.47″ W x 0.20″ H
- Maximum Maintain Temperature : 110° Celsius
- Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature : Power Off 135° Celsius
- Available Models (Voltages) : 120 and 208 – 277V
- Minimum Cable Bend Radius : 1-1/8″
- Trace Heating Cable Circuit Lengths : Up to 750 feet
|Chromalox Cable Part Number||Trace Heating Cable Description||Voltage||W/ft|
|387161||Chromalox SRP 5-1C||120V||5|
|387217||Chromalox SRP 5-2C||240V|
|387188||Chromalox SRP 5-1CT||120V|
|387225||Chromalox SRP 5-2CT||240V|
|387102||Chromalox SRP 10-1C||120V||10|
|387170||Chromalox SRP 10-2C||240V|
|387129||Chromalox SRP 10-1CT||120V|
|387196||Chromalox SRP 10-2CT||240V|
|387065||Chromalox SRP 15-1C||120V||15|
|387110||Chromalox SRP 15-2C||240V|
|387073||Chromalox SRP 15-1CT||120V|
|387137||Chromalox SRP 15-2CT||240V|
Output Wattage at Alternate Voltages (W/Ft.)
|Chromalox Part Number||208V||% Change In Output||220V||% Change In Output||277V||% Change In Output|
|Chromalox SRP 5||3.85||-20||4.25||-13||6.45||+15|
|Chromalox SRP 10||8.3||-18||8.80||-10||12.50||+13|
|Chromalox SRP 15||12.75||-14||13.50||-9||18.45||+12|
Chromalox frost protection CABLE
- A Twin 16 AWG Copper Buss Wires are able to provide reliable electrical current capability.
- B Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix is the ‘self regulating component of the cable and it’s electrical resistance varies with temperature.
- C Fluoropolymer Jacket is flame retardant and electrically insulates the matric and buss wires and provides corrosion resistance.
- D Tinned Copper Braid that provides additional mechanical protection in any environment, and a positive ground path.
- E High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket is a corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in many environments.
frost protection CABLE – HAZARDOUS AREA CERTIFICATIONS
Factory Mutual (FM) approved for ordinary areas. FM, ATEX and IECEx approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with U Series and DL accessories.
- Class I, Division 2, Groups B, C, D (Gases, vapours)
- Class II, Division 2 Groups F, G (Combustible dust)
- Class III, Division 2 (Easily ignitable fibres and fillings)
- Class I, Zone 1, AEx e II
- 3,5,8 and 10 Watt Rated T4 Temperature Class
- CE 1725 IIG Ex e IIC T4 Gb Ta -40˚C to 70˚C
- FMG 17.0015x Ex e IIC T4 Gb Ta -40˚C to 70˚C
➡ Chris Myers, Product Manager at Chromalox, explains about their heat trace cables and product offering including self regulating trace heating cable.
Industrial Electrical Heating Specialists
We can specify and supply from stock an extensive range of Electrical Heating Equipment for industrial and process heating applications -this includes temperature maintenance and frost protection (Winterisation) products for pipework, valves, IBC’s, drums, hoses, tanks and vessels. We produce custom silicone heaters for rapid and high temperature heat-up of complex shapes and surfaces – from concept, design to the delivery of standard or bespoke heaters on the shortest lead times. From the largest UK heat tracing cable stocks we deliver Electric Trace Heating Systems for pipework frost protection, ramp heating, roof/gutter snow melting and de-icing – enquire about our in-house design service.