EXHEAT HB Removable Core Type Industrial Immersion Heater
EXHEAT HB immersion heater offers a cost effective hazardous area heating solution for commercial and industrial hot water cylinders, process tank heating, cooling tower frost protection and other applications which are non-corrosive to the materials of construction.
The EXHEAT HB can be supplied with an adjustable thermostat suitable for certain applications.
Typical applications for the EXHEAT HB removable core type industrial immersion heater include hot water storage tanks, frost protection and boiler equipment.
The immersion heater is suitable for working pressures of up to 8 barg and is certified weatherproof IP66. Automatic control can be achieved by fitting a thermostat into the integral pocket. Sheath material available in stainless steel or mild steel. Rating up to 6kW.
The EXHEAT HB immersion heater can be easily be installed horizontally unless stated that the heater should be used in vertically orientation.
The HB immersion heater should be securely fixed in position and all terminal connections checked for tightness before energising.
Features of EXHEAT HB Immersion Heaters
- Immersion heaters – certified weatherproof to IP66
- Design – robust lightweight aluminium enclosure
- Fitted with control and limit (on request) thermostats
- Suitable for working pressures of up to 8 barg (higher working pressures are available on request)
- All stock coded models fitted with Incoloy 825 elements and 2-off stainless steel thermostat pockets
- Terminal box can be rotated through 360 degrees to allow final cable entry position to be chosen
- Heavy duty brass fixing boss screwed 2”, 2¼” or 2½” BSPP, alternatively supplied with square mounting flange
- Cables – Up to two cable entries (standard 1-off)
- Mounting – standard immersion heaters are designed for horizontal installation (heaters for vertical installation are available on request)
EXHEAT HB Immersion Heater – Applications
Applications for these electric heaters include:
- Cleaning and rinsing equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Frost protection
- Heat transfer, process and boiler equipment
- Hot water storage tanks
- Pre-heating oil and water
EXHEAT HB Removable Core Type Industrial Immersion Heater Specifications
|Enclosure||Robust lightweight aluminium enclosure|
|Heating Elements||All stock coded models fitted with Incoloy 825 elements and 2-off stainless steel thermostat pockets|
|Pressure||Suitable for working pressures of up to 8 barg (higher working pressures are available on request)|
|Mounting||Standard immersion heaters are designed for horizontal installation (heaters for vertical installation are available on request)|
|Controls||Fitted with control and limit (on request) thermostats|
EXHEAT HB Removable Core Type Industrial Immersion Heater Product Range – Water/Oil
|List No. 2” BSP Fixing||List No. 2¼” BSP Fixing||List No. 95mm Plate||Phase||Loading (kW)||Immersed Length|
EXHEAT HB Removable Core Type Industrial Immersion Heater Product Range – Oil
|List No. 2” BSP Fixing||List No. 2¼” BSP Fixing||List No. 2½” BSP Fixing*||Phase||Loading (kW)||Immersed Length|
|220V||240V||254V||Ins||mm||* mm (2½” BSP)|
|HBX 115/B||HBX 115/A||HBX 108/D||1||0.84||1.00||1.12||15||381||200|
|HBX 226/B||HBX 226/A||HBX 216/D||1||1.63||2.00||2.24||26||660||406|
|HBX 336/B||HBX 336/A||HBX 324/D||1/3||2.52||3.00||3.36||36||914||610|
|HBX 447/B||HBX 447/A||HBX 432/D||1/3||3.36||4.00||4.48||47||1194||812|
|HBX 557/B||HBX 557/A||HBX 540/D||1/3||4.20||5.00||5.60||57||1448||1016|
T&D – Experts in Equipment for Explosive Atmospheres
Trust Thorne & Derrick to specify and supply from stock safe and reliable Heat, Light & Power Products for use in hazardous area locations and explosive atmospheres certified to international standards including ATEX and IECEx – this includes Zone 1 / Zone 2 (Flammable Gas) or Zone 21 / Zone 22 (Dusts) and Class I, Division 1 and Division 2 hazardous area requirements.
Since 1985 as Leaders in ATEX Innovation we can facilitate succession planning for the replacement of obsolete, non-conformant and legacy equipment – we are the provider of innovative solutions to ensure ATEX and IECEx Compliance for Electrical, HVAC & Process Instrumentation systems in the explosive atmosphere industries.